Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:35:41 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Death Race 2000 « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Death Race 2000  (Read 108270 times)
stevie
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2005, 01:35:13 PM »

I sure wish Paul Bartel was still alive to make more epics like this.  The second coming of Ed Wood....
dean
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

hmmm...

Some things to take from this film:

1.  Stallone makes a good underlying point about the problems with road rage.

2.  Having an ironic sense of humour is something everybody likes in a mass murderer/future leader of the country

3.  Topless women regularly give TV interviews

4.  I love cars running over people, and just general anarchy!!!

5.  People will just take your word that you are horribly disfigured if you wear crazy outfits and call yourself Frankenstien
Kleine BuzzBomb
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Ponderables:

1..One could say George Lucas based the Darth Vader character on Frankenstein...the black -clad (with cape, helmet and mask, I might add)  superhuman, rebuilt after numerous disasters, best friend of the Emporer/President, attacked by rebels, who switches sides.

2. Finally, a movie that has both Fred Grandy naked on a table! (?!?) AND wearing a Nazi uniform. Both images would have been nice on campaign posters back in Iowa!

3. I'm pretty sure the word "Sabotage" was Dutch and not French.

4. Best line so far not mentioned--"Chicken in a casket!"

All in all, a fun movie, worthy of a remake.

Dan
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Pure crap, but I love it. This was Stallone's last movie before "Rocky?" Only in America...
Alex Panz
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

THIS is, together with STARCRASH and THE HUMANOID, one of my favourites.
I love this move, but unfortunately the good DVD Version isn't available anymore here in Germany.

Anyway, this movie is a must see
Max Power
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Worse than "Gymkata", better than "The Thing With Two Heads."
WidgetHead
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Absolutely hilarious movie.  I remember when the guy was going to run over the baby which was actually a bomb the guy who placed the bomb said, "Come to baby!".  I saw the movie about twenty-five years ago but I constantly think about that line of dialog.
Garry K
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Back in the 1970s, a co-worker saw DR2000 at the drive-in, told me to go see it, that I would love it, and he was right! Watching this movie gives one Walter Mitty-like thrills as we imagine we're the ones giving in to road rage and running over folks who get in our way!

I still use a lot of the lines when I'm out driving with friends who have also seen the movie. "Go for the baby! Go for the baby!" "Good-bye baby, hello 70 points!" "If you leave your navigator lying in the road, you gotta expect someone will run him over!"

And it was definitely Grace *Pander*, not Parker.
Muffster
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I was cruising the $1 VHS stacks at my favorite local used video game/dvd store and came upon this gem. I, like many of the other commenters, fondly remember being shooed from the room in the early dawn of cable television.

I tortured DH with it last night and am surprised that his being a B-movie afficianao, he wasn't really happy with it. I think reading the comments helps to put the movie into perspective.

The funny part is that they have been pushing the Kill Bill movies on cable lately, and Carradine is now stuck in my brain saying "Yellow Book DOT commmmmm". Anyone else smell a remake coming? Hey, Film Studio Executives, "REMAKE DEATH RACE 2000!!!"

Also, my copy did NOT have any full frontal Stallone shots. And weren't there some nuns that got it, too? Maybe that happened when I went to get another beer....
Don
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2006, 04:54:19 AM »

Death Race 2000 is great fun, Roger Corman is a genius.  Why on earth would anyone being working on the roads or having roadside picnics while a hit-and-run death race is on?  Who cares?  But hold onto your hats... Corman has announced DEATH RACE 3000!!! Release date is in 2008
Jeff
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2007, 10:14:35 AM »

Dude, It's Cool
Denver Prator
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2008, 11:04:19 PM »

If you could pick "episodes" out of your life, that you could relive forever, I would say that this. Horrible, cheesy,moronic, WONDERFUL, movie was part of one of those episodes.

Picture this, 1981, I had just had my 71 Dodge Charger r/t painted hemi-orange, that spring I graduated High School, 3-friends-2-sixpacks, and the Drive-inn, double feature, Star Crash, and Death race 2000. It was like I was living one of those 1980-ish "silly friends" movies, Ne- Ferris Buelhers day off. Sensless, pointless, waste of time, Magnificent! May all of you, have those episodess in your lives.
Quasmadio
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2008, 06:01:32 PM »

I love this movie! I must have seen it five times back in the 70’s it has everything freaks in costumes, crazy cars, boobs, a cheesy plot, Vehicular Manslaughter more boobs! Why don’t they make movies like this any more?

q
Z-Demon
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2008, 11:22:02 AM »

LOL! This movie like Carmageddon vido game! TeddyR
sgt. rock
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »

Thumbup Saw this movie when it first came out in the 70's. loved it then, love it now. timeless campy fun. Am now a proud owner of it on dvd
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Death Race 2000 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.