Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:47:28 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Nosferatu: The First Vampire « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Nosferatu: The First Vampire  (Read 77212 times)
NosferatuGrafOrlok
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2003, 04:24:49 PM »

The best vampire film of all time brought up to date.
Hawkeye Pierce
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

OH NO! THEY REVIEWED THE CRAPPY VERSION!
This version truly sucks, the music is crap and is, well, disturbing. Ofcourse all those creepy shadows in the film are disturbing but, well, it just doesn't work (while it did work for METROPOLIS featuring all kind of 80's carp-music like LOVE KILLS by good old Freddie Mercury {FLASH AHA! DAMN I LOVE THAT MOVIE}).

If you want a version featuring a good score, go for the one featuring the musci composed by JAMES BERNARD, he's the guy that did the music for the first 6-7 DRACULA flicks starring Chris Lee (you know, that guy who thought he wasn't good enough for B-Movies so starrted whining until he starred in a BOND MOVIE so he would get all kind of fancy roles such as the ones he did in STAR WARS and LORD OF THE  RINGS, roles that were cool to, but not half as cool as Count "they-have-destroyed-my-servant-now-they-will-be-destroyed" Dracula!).

Enjoy the James Bernard Version and good luck figuring out what way you will destruct your current DVD disc (put it in the micro-wave and SHAZAM! HOUDINI! gone is your disc and VOILA! gone is your Microwave!

THE END (for now)

PS
I didn't mean it Chris, you rock!
Chris Schneider
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2003, 09:38:39 PM »

I hate to sound like a phillistine, but I prefer classic silent horror without grunge metal sound tracks. (I like Type O negative, though.) Can anyone refer me to a decent remaster of this movie in VHS with just a weird sound track?
Ryan
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Note to scibookguy: try Kino On Video (www.kino.com)...I don't know if they still have this version on VHS, but at one time they sold a version with the original tinting (sepia for day, blue for night, etc.) and a really cool soundtrack by an outfit called the Silent Orchestra.
Geoff (not the one who posted above)
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I just got this movie and it's so great!
Bruce
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The Classic BEFORE the Classic original "Dracula". Great camera work, etc. considering the HUGE limitations of the technology! And genuinely frightening! Memorable scenes - best of all the shadow of the Vampire with elongating hand at the steps and the slowly opening door revealing the Vampire coming into the room of the sleeping victim. Primative technology - inspired execution! Beats the high dollar/hi tech "no-brainer" stuff today.
Barracuda
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm young (21) and yet and i found this old movie FANTASTIC. So old (83 years!)and still so good today, that's impressive. I watch it on TV few years ago and i must say that this is one of the best horror movies i've ever seen, especially thanks to its blood-curdling ambiance (gothic, fantastic and morbid atmosphere). I've never met the same sensations with another horror movie. In a nutshell, Nosferatu is really a MASTERPIECE. Every horror fans of any generation should watch that good old movie.
Mictantecutli
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

One of the best horrors ever made, definitely, but not in this version, with that lousy muzak. The version with James Bernard's score (available on CD :) - THAT is the one to watch.
Jon Taylor
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

After a very long time of tracking this movie down, I finally got a copy a few weeks ago.  I'm addicted to it, my fiance hates how addicted I am (lol).  The soundtrack is absolutely perfect, I thought it went well with the movie.  Does anyone know what the name of the song playing over the scene where Ellen dies is, and the one that starts out "AND NOW YOU DIE!"?
Corey
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Best old vampire movie there is, was, and forever shall be. I can understand why they modeled the Master from Buffy after this guy. He's just...CREEPY!
Minsk
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Our school assistant/substitute teacher, who's the one of the coolest people I've ever met, showed this movie to us one time during a history lesson in 9th grade as a lesson on film history. I gotta say, I totally fell in love with the movie. The cheesy acting and hilarious filming was beautiful. Unfortunately I was the only one who liked the movie, my class 'mates' are all morons who like pathetic teen slashers (ah, what am I saying? I like those slashers too, but I'm also more open-minded!). I really wish I could see the version with Type O, I'm pretty sure it would be a great movie and a wonderful tribute to the original.

The only thing that sucked was that at the next history lesson a few days later, our sub would have shown Plan 9 from Outer Space, but she decided to just let us leave early. I so wanted to see Plan 9...
Tiffany
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

My friend has this DVD which has 3 cassic horror movies on it... Night of the Living Dead, House on Haunted HIll, and the Type O Negative version of Nosferatu. I really wanted to see Nosferatu for the longest time, because I heard so much about it! It was the best horror movie I have ever seen! I think just the fact of it being so old made it even creepier... because we're unfamiliar with that time period (well I am because I am 18) I can understand why some people may not like the Type O in the background, I guess because it gives the movie more of "familiar" and modern feel to it, which it shouldn't have because it is very old. But I actually was surprised and delighted when I heard one of my favorite bands playing to one of the best movies of all time. I think Type O negative actually did a really amazing job because despite being a "modern" band, they have a lot of the creepy, victorian influence in their music because of the violins, pipe organs, and Peter Steele's voice being so bewitching, sexy, and seductive... almost as if you're being hypnotized by a real vampire! Personally  really love Type O Negative. Love You to Death is one of my favorite songs! I would really love to see the original one day too, and see what horror fans like me and you from the dawn of the century enjoyed. This movie is truly a classic and will live on forever!
Carlos
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2007, 12:20:01 PM »

Hi, I'm a true fan of the spirit of the site, but how come a definitive classic like Nosferatu (the first, i guess, and in my opinion still the best adaptation of Bram Stoker's novel) gets along with all those trashier pictures, i mean, what's it doing here?
Alice
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 05:22:16 PM »

We watched the opening in my film class today... just wondering what the opening track is?? I think it worked really well with the opening scenes :)
KAY
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2009, 07:03:55 PM »

last yr i went into a tat shop and told one of the artist that i wanted a tat of which another doesnt have,he came back 20 mins later and said  let me tat of pic of the famous Nosfertu vanpire on your back,omg  i said yes,after 5 hrs of tating i have this remarkable beautiful bald vanpire biting the sexy womens neck on my back,i might be the only one in the use that has this tat, i just love it, and now wanting more of his work on me from the vamp movies.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Nosferatu: The First Vampire « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.