Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:52:48 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Army of Darkness « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Army of Darkness  (Read 135337 times)
jackiedee
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie was one of those that you have to see at least twice before you fully appreciate all of it's splendor and glory...and flat out hilarious lines! I mean, really, "hail to the king, baby"??? So funny.
Austin
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Undoubtedly one of the true classics.  I still enjoy Evil Dead 2 a bit more, due to the fact that there's a slightly darker feel to it, but this movie is still in my top 3 favorite movies of all time.  You just can't beat the one-liners ("Hey - you got something on your face.").  If you're not familiar with this movie, then come out from under the rock you've been hiding under and rent it.
john
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Evil Dead .. Godzilla ... Gamera.  this is a great site!  AOD is one of my all tiem fave films.  I'm surprised at the cult that has grown from this film in the past five years or so, especially since there were only three other people at the theater when I origianlly saw this film.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

What can one say, now that I have seen the film all the way through. Bruce "The Chin" Campbell is probablely a better actor, then some people give him credit for being. And he has a way of getting off a line that few actors have. But . . . the problem I have with his character is that he starts off so unlikeable, and while he gets more likeable toward the end, I never could cotton to him. And consuming oneself is wierd beyond belief.
Brendo
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"Alright you primitive screwheads..Listen up"
"You see this??.....THIS is my POST!"

I first saw this movie when i was 12 ....i remember hired it because the cover looked cool : ) but i must have hired it like 20 times over the next few years hehehe.
So this has been by a LARGE margin my favourite movie for almost 10 years now but..strangely enough i have yet to see the previous 2..hmmmm.

Here, 2 independent sources verify the degree to which AOD rules:

maddox.xmission.com/aod.html
www.seanbaby.com/oldstuff/bruce.htm

Anyways...enough preaching to the converted for today.

"You got that"?!?!?!

HEHE
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2005, 12:48:09 PM »

I thought the movie was quite interesting in a goofy entertaining sort of way.Goofy or not, I happen to own army of darkness and evil dead.Just one more to collect.
Just me
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I love this movie.
I really think the guy who plays Ash in this and evil dead is a cool actor.
WitchKing
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Each entry in the "Evil Dead" series has a markedly different tone, which is exactly what makes them all so memorable.  The first is the most gruelling and harrowing (the most typically "horrific" if you will), the second has great doses of black comedy mixed in with absolute delerium, and "Army of Darkness" is the most lighthearted and adventurous of the three.  Ash is less of the psychopath-on-auto-pilot he was in Part 2 and has softened into a endearing and unlikely hero.  Still thick as a brick, but less ragged around the edges.  It has a quaint old-fashioned feel to it, much like a Ray Harryhausen film.  The "safest" of all the films, but infinitely fun and enjoyable.  
Lobster
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The only thing i'd like to add is: Hail to the king, baby! :D
Jamdodge
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I haven't seen Evil Dead but I love evil dead two because it's really funny and Army of Darkness has some great action moments. A must see for all Horror/Action fans who have a dark sense of humour.
Sora the B-Movie Alchemist
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This movie was brilliant. Bruce Campbell is awesome. Pure gold.

Violence: *****
Goofiness: *****
Monster: *
Actors: **
Overall: ****
Eagle
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I love it, I love it, I love it! This one is just over the top. But its sad that Raimi won´t make a fourth part. Because he went to make hollywood-movies, uaaah. Well, Spiderman is ok, but its just mainstream for me! The last good movie he made was Darkman, which had also lots of humor in it. Allthough the special-effects of Army of Darkness won´t stand the fx of today, I really enjoy them. Imagine an army of skelletons animated by a computer. They wouldn´t look as cool as they do in this movie! "Is there any director/producer out there, who will make a cool movie like this?" Yes? Then go ahead guys!
Rob
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Pure brilliance!!!! One of Sam Raimi's finest directing momenents, forget Spiderman! Great stunts, great fight scenes, hilarious Three Stooges-style goofery, and Bruce Campbell. As a little kid I was never scared of guys like Freddy or Jason because I knew Ash could whoop them both!I also personally like this ending better than the original, seeing as how it draws a nice "happy ending" conclusion to the Evil Dead trilogy.
Crazed Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2006, 02:13:09 PM »

I love this movie in every way!!  This is the greatest movie ever made! Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are genuises! Fun for the whole family.
Jon Colson
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I thought Army Of Darkness was a pretty good cross between horror and comedy.  Some for-instances below.
1. Demon hand being cut off with chainsaw and landing on old hag's face.
2. Skeletal hands poking, punching and picking at Ash in scary graveyard.
3. Freaky-ass book tryin' to eat Ash.
     I especially liked the plot.  My mother saw it and said it was the stupidst thing ever (I'm 15).  I loved it though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Army of Darkness « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.