Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:33:07 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Robot Monster « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Robot Monster  (Read 82534 times)
kentuski
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

There is MORE things you should look out for!

When the ship is flying with all the smoke, there is a flash and you see the guy's ARM FLYING THE PLANE ON A STICK!

Also, when Roboman captures Alice, you see that she's not tied up and when you look back at her, SHE'S TIED UP HEAD TO TOE!

Another one is how many times the scene is shown when Roboman puts the attena over the box-thing.

A 4th one is when he talks at the screen that the glowing light comes from the wall and not the screen.

Another is when Roboman walks up the hill and it's just inverted to make it look longer.

I love this movie! I always show it too my friends. It's so bad, it's FUNNY!
Comrade Conrad
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2005, 09:48:48 PM »

A F**king bad one! that is why i love it so much! i was watching this movie for the first time and my freind was over (friday bad movie night) and i was eating a chip, and i see earth ro-man for the first time and laugh so hard i choked on a chip. my friend thumped me on the back and the chip came out a i was still laughing... honestly a gorilla suit?
michael e.
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I just watched it for the first time in many years...the dialogue is hilarious! The speeches...wait, can't breathe. OK---Which would you choose: the painless-surrender-death, or the horror-of-resistance-death?
I guess it was all just a dream---there are comic books under the credits---a dream of a kid who reads too many comic books, but wait---the shock ending! Ro-man comes out of the cave again after they all leave! Eeeyaaahhh!!!
Doug G.
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is one of the best laughs I ever had.  I love the part at the very beginning where the mom has everyone take a nap immediately following the picnic.  On cue the entire group passes out in the dirt.  --Gives a new meaning to "take a dirt nap".
Stephen James
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The thing that made the alien creature Roman so unique was is low slung hanging crotch that totally inhibited his ability to move at any great speed, in fact I think a sloth could have moved faster! I just loved his crazy name I wonder if he's any relation to that other alien Dereck from Teenagers From Outer Space!
Bob the mutant chicken
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2006, 03:52:58 PM »

This movie stinks. PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE was far better then this garbage
rob r
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2006, 08:06:48 PM »

okay so this is a bad movie, but listen to the dialogue, it is strangely articulate and contains some arcane refrences( no life above lepidoptera level remains). i just love this movie and find yet more crazy details in every viewing. my daughters cringe when they hear the music. just figured out the pantomime of love chapter, poor roy, haha.
Gabe
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Lots of negative comments and I suppose this movie may deserve it but.....
all I know is that as a little boy and watching it on TV at night during the late 50's it had me afraid of the dark and to go to sleep alone.
Johny Bottom
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2008, 07:20:02 AM »

This is hands down the GREATEST movie ever made. Along with ROman, the bubble machine, the hand propelled rocket, the X-ray effect death ray, my favorite scene is Alice when she talks on the view screener "Surrender Roman, but surrender with honor." She looks so sexy and seductive when she says that.
Mike
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2008, 05:40:53 PM »

One of the things my friend and I noticed when we watched was, at the end when we find it was all the boy's dream, what does that say about the little boy? He dreams of his sister getting strangles and his older sister making out with a hairy guy, than half molested by the ape that killed his little sister? Not to mention all the dialogue sounding like sexual innuendo, including when they buried tha little girl. I belive the father said something like 'We enjoyed her while she was with us,' (or something to that extent). Creepy little incestious kid. Freud would have a field day.
Pervect_Qlu
New Visitor

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2009, 12:52:29 AM »

Saw this movie this last weekend.  Loved the comment about a kid dreaming all this and how messed up he must have been.

So my thoughts?  Well, first off, I think if I were that surviving family, and I knew that Ro-Man was just over the next hillside, I would probably just pick up and move.. to another country.  :)   You know, get some distance between him and me.

And when going on a honeymoon, I would not do it out in the open on the other side of that hill from where the Ro-man is.  That was just insipid.

And if I'm a kid facing the Ro-man and I'm holding a gun, what are the things NOT to do:
1) Throw gun away
2) Stand there while Ro-man is walking towards me
3) stick out tongue at Ro-man.
4) All of the Above.

When fighting Ro-man hand to hand
1) Hit it on it's ape like chest?
2) Hit it on it's fish bowl head.
3) Attempt to knock off one of the fragile looking antenea hopefully knocking out it's ability to connect with its power source.
4) None of the above, run away, if hydrogen bombs didn't stop this guy, what luck do you think your fists are going to have anyway?

And finally, I just thought it funny how Ro-man is trying to hit it off with the beauty in the movie, manages to undo the shirt, and the DAMNED PHONE keeps ringing off the wall.  I mean what guy couldn't relate there.  You almost feel for the guy and almost hear him say in his fishbowl head "Damnit!  I'm trying to score here, who could be calling THIS TIME?"  :P
Mr Reptilian!
New Visitor

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2009, 09:18:23 AM »

When Roman throws the man off the cliff was that him screaming or the lady LOL!  Look closely at the womans face when Rit looks like she was trying to keep from too hard:cheers:
Mr Reptilian!
New Visitor

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2009, 09:23:19 AM »

Sorry my computer froze before I finished.What I was trying to say was when Grodd picks  her up it looks like she was trying to keep from laughing!
Flu-Bird
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2009, 03:11:29 PM »

Wow they certianly are funny looking i mean a big hairy gorrila wearing a space helmet with little wiggly antanues stict the top and lumbering about the countryside and it looks like they had borrowed LAWRENCE WELKS bubble machine
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2009, 08:58:38 PM »

That was an amazing film.  I want to see it in 3D now...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Robot Monster « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.