Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:17:27 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Sound of Horror « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sound of Horror  (Read 31439 times)
Born in 64
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

The one and only movie I ever saw, that frightened me. Really frightened me as a 6 year old. This film left a
vivid impression on me.
Steve Bentley
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

For me, this is THE reason to visit this site!  An obscure, in fact unheard-of, movie with a premise so bizarre and lame, I simply must find it!  As for other b&w dino-movies, a personal favorite is definitely The Terror of Hollow Mountain.  I haven't seen it in many years, but I remember it was laughable to me when I was ten!
Chadzilla
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

In the early eighties there was a paperback original horror novel published entitled The Kill.  It was written by Alan Ryan and was revolved around an invisible caveman terrorizing some summer people in upstate New York.  Somehow the evil super spirit of this caveman got entombed in some rock that a farmer breaks open.  It seemed like a pretty silly concept, now I know where he may have gotten it.

Needless to say this movie is a must see for me.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Of course there's no blood from an invisible dinosaur!  Why?  Because an invisible dinosaur would have invisible blood, naturally!
David McRobie
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 12:30:15 AM »

i like it, and am glad Alpha put it out on DVD.
Mark Radburn
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 03:02:33 PM »

This film will scare the pants right off you only watch this movie if you have a strong stomach. This movie is very well done and the invisible dinosaur was outstanding how did they do that in my opinon The Sound Of Horror is one of the best movies ever an instant classic that will scare you to death! enjoy this fun film.
Chantelle
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I must comment that I bought this movie before I found this site. Found in the dollarbin at Musicworld, the DVD also contained 3 other horrors by the names of 'Attack of the Giant Leeches", "She-Demon" and "Bride of the Gorilla."

I think you unfairly categorized this movie as 'bad' -- it totally has potential.
Lint Hatcher
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 08:52:07 AM »

This is a darned good fright film. Many surprises along the way, interesting characters, natural dialogue, believable heroism, plus Soledad Miranda and Ingrid Pitt, for crying out loud! Compare this film's handling of the premise to how it would have been handled on the average Star Trek episode. In the latter, someone would react in horror to something off screen, then would be discovered contorted and dead by the survivors. In The Sound of Horror, the sound of the creature's approach is otherworldly and terrifying, and the attacks that follow are sustained, on-screen, and brutal! Much more gore than I would have expected. The film even heads into board-up-the-windows "survival horror" and pushes the envelope there, as well. My recommendation: pick up the Alpha dvd, the print of which is in acceptable shape, do your best to forget the above review, and then sit back and enjoy an overlooked gem.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 12:10:00 PM »

Intresting film? Yes.
Unriffable? I say thee nay.
The shots of the others standing around while someone is attacked...
" Look, the monster's attacking Marge...so, Lunch?"

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
JMR3000
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 09:27:18 PM »

Hey, I was in love with a dark-haired girl from Greece named Maria!  Unfortunately she was not in love with me.  Nevertheless I have never wished her to be stalked, slashed, or eaten by an invisible dinosaur. 

I will have to find this movie.  I love the roaring dinosaur sound and the floating axes are classic!
Christine
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 07:55:08 AM »

When my brother and I were about 4 and 6 years old, my mother left us alone to go do some shopping for a couple of hours. In those days, that wasn't considered child abuse!

She left us strict instructions NOT to watch the scary midday move called Sound of Horror. We watched it of course - in between running in and out of the room with our hands over eyes and ears (oh, that horrible sounf of horror!) I believe we were both scarred for life. I believed for several years that the monster lived in our garage. My brother and I still both remember the experience vividly after 40 yrs or so.
That Guy
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 05:20:26 PM »

I saw this on the TV matinee when I was 8 or 9.  That movie really messed with my head. It was scary enough, but not so much that I had to hide my eyes. It was when it was over and my mom told me to go downstairs to get something, that it suddenly dawned on me that invisible dinosaurs could be lurking in my house, and I wouldn't even know it until one grabbed me. That creeped me out more than any other horror movie I can remember...except Jaws, of course. I guess I'm a succker for unseen predators. BTW: The flour scene with the axes looked a lot more real 30 years ago. Thanks for helping find it again.
Jim
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 08:03:32 PM »

I saw this movie when I was ten and it scared me silly! To this day I still remember the character Calliope getting killed and as the camera showed her clawed face, I was truly horrified. This movie among others got my thirst for science fiction and sci fi horror kick started! Bad is in the eye of the beholder.
jazzfan6
New Visitor

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 12:05:33 PM »

"It's really entertaining in a clinical sort of way, like seeing someone with elephantiasis of the testicles."

The above is the most incisive piece of critical commentary I have ever read (and also the funniest!).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Sound of Horror « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.