Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:21:08 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Return of the Living Dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: Return of the Living Dead  (Read 118129 times)
Jay Lind
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I know Linnea very well and we've talked about Trash. According to her she was wearing a tiny piece of flesh colored cheese cloth that was glued to her pubic bone and just below her anus. If that clears anything up. She is, however, completely naked in NIGHT OF THE DEMONS among other great B- movies.
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2002, 10:13:27 AM »

Ummmm... The whole thing about it being true, a part of it is. No not the zombies, but the chemical. There Was a chemical used in the army to spray on certain things. They accidently spilled it all on a corps. It didnt turn in to a zombie, however kind of flinched and jumped up for about 3 seconds, then turned stiff again. Hell Im only 13 and i know the reason this happend was because corpses (even though they are dead) some things can make their nerves to start moving again. Just a little bit of information for sttarr00@hotmail.com . Nothing to be alarmed about. By the way great movie.
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2001, 09:06:25 AM »

Funny the mortician (Ernie Kaltenbrunner) was the first person Burt thought of to cremate the cadaver.  His name was ripped right off World War II history: Ernst Kaltenbrunner, leader of the SS and ultimately responsible for the operation of the camp creamatories... Hmmm...
Daniel
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I liked the movie. I agree that "Mushy"(of course, it's real name is "The Tarman")is the best zombie in the entire movie. I like the theme music, too. If you love zombie movies then you must see this for yourself. I didn't like the other two sequels, though. The second was just silly and the third was more romance than horror. This film is funny in some parts. Like the part when Burt and Frank try to kill the first human zombie(the first zombie was a dog sliced in half)they see. They say this after hitting it's head with a pickax:

Burt: I thought you said that if we destroyed the brain, it would die.
Frank: It worked in the movie!
Burt: Well it ain't working now, Frank.
Frank: You mean the movie lied?

I won't spoil the ending for you(even though, the other movie review did)because I don't think good movies should be spoiled. Now get up, go to a video store and rent Return of The Living Dead!! NOW!!!!

Skid Row
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Out of all my fave movies from the class of '85: Labyrinth, The Goonies.. only one tops all of the them - The Return of the Living Dead! Where else can you find average acting, dodgy make-up, a cool punk soundtrack and the only movie to have brain eating corpses!!!  The movie is unbeleivably funny and without a doubt it has to have the best striptease sequence in any movie of it's genre.  Often classed as a B-movie, ROTLD never fails to impress... I have been a serious addict since it was available for rental in the start of '86.  And every week I make another person into a fan of the movie (Trilogy, sorry)... Something is lurking six feet under... and it's on DVD!
Saeed
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie is easily on my list of favorites of all times. Actually to one of the above posters that questioned "Since when do zombies run?" That was one of the best parts of movie
IMHO. Here you have these cops and paramedics unaware of the doom they're facing and then this squad of zombies come out of nowhere and BUMRUSH them (yelling "BRAINS!" all the way). That's some funny stuff. It's impossible to hate this film.

favorite quote:
"Send...... more...... cops."
Brian the SNAMS agent
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie wask great.  For one, the soundtrack was pretty tight.  That beginning tune that plays when the gas is escaping is great.  I loved how the zombies could run and were able to kick some major ass.  The two sequels were pretty much garbage (especially part 2), but this one is a classic.  

Hey, has anyone played Resident Evil 3: Nemesis?  I swear, they take a lot of stuff from this movie for the game.  The scene in the movie where the zombies rush the cops is used, as well as the ending for the movie.  There's probably more.

Memorable scenes:
When the one gang member goes "I'm gonna bust him in the head" or something like that, referring to the zombie.

When they knock mushy's block off.
Molo
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I do love this movie, but I think the hysterical screaming from Freddy and Frank starts to grate on the nerves after a bit.

But 'Tarman' is one of the greatest cinema zombies EVER. I love the rolling way he walks, and the make-up is a great one.

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Oh god this is the best 80's movie ever Linnea IS THE BEST SCREAM QUEEN! I liked when she stripped in the graveyard and was naked through the whole movie and she is really hot. I recommend Night of the Demons she is in that too. And she gets naked and you see everything!!!! And you get to see her shove a lipstick in her nipple it's also a good movie
Bradley
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I agree with all those who loved this movie. I cannot recall a boring moment or a bad scene in this movie and I have just purchased a DVD copy on ebay. You can't knock great entertainment and it is that from beginning to end. My favorite charactor was Frank and I will never forget Linnea's world class body.
MessiahMan
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2002, 09:52:51 PM »

Just finished watching the flick, and when it ended, I was disappointed.  Not because I hated the movie...but because I thought it was over too quickly.  So, I hit the timer button on my VCR, and I realized that I had watched a whole 1 hour 30 minute movie, despite the suspicious feeling that I popped it in a half-hour ago.  I was just too into it to have a good sense of time, I guess.  Anyway, I liked return part 2 decent enough (not decent enough to BUY it, though,) but dispised part 3 with a passion.
Heinrich_Himmler
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Now this is one of the greatest horror films of the eighties.Not a bad movie but really quite good for what it was.It managed to combine scares with humour and pulled it off.Most horror movies that have a comic element lose any scare potential but this one does not.It has this atmosphere that reminds me of being a kid and scared by this movie and of old punk and goth music and Halloween and all the good things in the world.And yes Ernie is indeed a Nazi.The woman on the wall is Eva Braun and the music he is listening to on his headphones at the beginning is "When the Panzers go Rolling In..I forget the name of the composer he is also named after Ernie Kaltcheburner one of Hitlers close friends and an important SS.officer.
son of Godzilla
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this movie in the theater when it came out and I could not stop laughing for a week. I just kept thinking about all the creative minds sitting around dreaming this one up. RJ(producer),Billy(the lacky) and Doloris(Accountant)

RJ-"Ok guys we need a real zombie goul movie. It's got to be over the top. I mean a real screemer"

Billy-"Gee wiz RJ. How about a frenzied pop-eyed zombie running around trying to sate its appetite for fresh brains"

RJ-"WOW Billy!!! Thats pure genious! Perfect!"

Doloris-"And definitely low budget. I like it."

Gus
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I've just had the pleasure of viewing this for the first time, and I am now officially a Linnea Quigley fan. One of my favorite lines was when Fred called to his girlfriend, "I know you're here Sarah, cause I can smell your braaain..."

BTW, I dialed the 800 number posted on the toxic barrel (1-800-454-8000), and got some adult phone sex line called "Pilgrim Telephone."
James Perry
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This one is up there with the "Dead" movies (Night, Dawn, etc.), all three Evil Deads and Cemetery Man (Returners?  Zombies!  Just say it!) as my favorite Zombie flicks.  I bought this DVD sight unseen and was not disappointed!  Great from beginning to end with superb campy acting and dialogue.  Today's films just can't compeat with this...  Clu Gulager just cracks me up the way he delivers this dialogue!  And the melting man is something I still tell people about.  

Weird thing is that I saw this series backwards:  Return III (which I loved-how did she walk with all the metal hanging off of her?), Return II (which I liked..especially the talking head of that black chic-damn that was funny) and Return I (a classic with everything in spades!).  Great series.  Do you think we can get them to make Return IV, Evil Dead IV...Nope!  But you can bet Resident Evil 3 will be made.  Although I like those okay too...but...Evil Dead would be something special with Raimi and Campbell back together!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Return of the Living Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.