Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:02:11 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Return of the Living Dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Return of the Living Dead  (Read 118122 times)
anica
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I was just a kid the first zillion times I watched this movie.  I loved it then and I love it still.  When its DVD release date FINALLY came, I rushed out to the nearest store to snag my copy because let's face it:  This movie is a cult classic!!  Who WOULDN'T be speeding out to get it?  I just today learned of Mark Venturini's death.  I was in shock.  I can't say he was my favorite character in the movie because all the main characters (with the exception of Casey; she just annoys me) are equally talented in their given roles.  
"What do you think?  You think this is a f**king costume?  This is a way of life!!  What's wrong with you man?  Show some f**king respect for the dead, will ya?!"  
HAHAHAHAHA...classic.  
Dave:Blackeye15
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I showed this movie to one of my friends and he just burst out laughing when the guy slapped the barrel to show how sturdy it was but it leaked! HAHAHAHA! Boy that is a great horror movie. Me and my buddy give it 5/5

-the first rule of fat club-
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This film was always special for me, it was my first film that featured Linnea, my all time favorite scream queen. And not to brag a super nice, sweet lady, that is also a bit of a film buff herself. I had the pleasure of meeting her over a year ago, she still looks good. I held her as we took a picture together, one of my few adolescent dreams that actually came true.
James Perry
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

CORRECTION:  In an earlier comment I mentioned the actor Clu Gulager.  I meant James Karen.  He's the one who delivers cheesy dialogue like none other!  He's also in Poltergeist.  The guy who moved the head stones but not the bodies; great casting or what?  "That's a gooooood question Burt!"

They need to release Return 2 on DVD.  Come'on guys!!  We got the other 2!!
victor
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I love this movie it's toataly out standing! #1 in my books. but the part that got me is a skeleton who had nothing but eyes.sings the song "do you want to party" by 45grave.or the ruber arm that scuz chops off right before he dies.that looks so fake!or when the zombie grabes scuz arm she was probly super girl in her day i mean come on shes all bones.If this movie was true and everybody was nuked then some one had to survive.1 out of  4 who where in the basement 5 includeing suiside.come on thats easy if one was going to survive to tell . it would be suiside but he died so i say spider.I mean he was toughest.plus i think suiside sould of 1 lived or 2 turend to zombie.cause i felt for him nobody cared so he sholdent of gone i mean come on have some sypoty. but all in all it was great 4 star.                      victor
                               age 12
Shane
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One of the best 80's movies that I've ever seen.  Its scary and funny at the same time.  Part 2 was almost just as good, and I could of went with out seeing 3.  I just got this movie for Christmas.  I've been looking for it for awhile.  Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.  Oh, and by the way, "thats the Engineers for you, thats why I'm a M.P."  lol  
VA
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2003, 08:11:08 PM »

This is a hilarious movie. It makes me want to curl up on the couch with a nice old bucket of BRAINS! It is histarical. Even the nude girl running around is completely unreasonable. This is a movie worth laughing at.
BTOEvil
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I don't think anyone has a greater appreciation of this film than I. My mother took me to see this film when I was a young kid at the movies. (I WILL ALWAYS LOVE HER FOR THAT!!!)This movie is the best black comedy/horror movie ever made...almost side by side with the Evil Dead II. When I couldn't buy this film on VHS (i know i'm I'm old!)...I thought I would never get it...until I bid for it on Ebay...(Don't ask how much!)...now it's on DVD!!!! Anyway, this sight is great and I hope this younger generation appreciates this movie for what it truly is....a lowbrow/horror/comedy that will never lose it's cool!
Matt Claus
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I watched this film first when i was about 8 with my 17 year old brother i have loved it ever since and watched it thousands of times. Sadly i do not have it anymore but i remember it almost off by heart and recently learned there is a band called "Send more paramedics" And midget zombies are not seen enough anymore. RIP Mark Venturini
Jason
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The 80's definitely produced the best low budget horror/comedy movies of all time, and return of the living dead is among the best of them.  From the split-dog going nuts, twitching body parts, and the theme music, you never know what to expect next.  

When mushy gets his head knocked off, it's absolutely hilarious.

I would recommend this movie to anyone who appreciates a good comedy/horror movie.

If you haven't already, watch this Movie!!
Michael Allred
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Mark Venturini died in an on set accident a few years ago.

"Return of the Living Dead part 2" will be released on DVD October 5, 2004.
tyler
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2004, 08:44:09 AM »

I love this one! I laughed so hard with my dad and my sister, it was just....TO FUNNY! HA! BRAINS! LOOK! MORE BRAINS!
Canucklehead ZombieFan
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

ROTLD (the first one, and not the progressively worse sequels) is one of my favourite zombie flicks, and I'd dare say even one of my favourite films in general.  It's funny, without trying to be cheeky (which is where the second one went wrong); you can get some laughs, but also accept what is going on in terms of being a "straight" horror film.  It's "black humour", and it works marvelously.  While most of the zombie make ups are pretty weak, some of the "key" zombies were excellent, in particular the "tar man" zombie.  I'm sorry to hear that Mark Venturini had died, I was unaware of this until today.
Ell riot
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

f**k, I saw this movie awhile ago and I watched it 3 more times in the same week, BEST MOVIE EVER! I am into punk and 77 s**t and mainly horror punk. And when I saw this i went nuts, the sound track has my 2 favourite bands-The cramps and the damned. Trash is the hottest red headed chick ive ever seen. And suicide is awesome, I miss him (even though i didnt know him lol) RIP Mark V. Well I love this movie and I've been looking for it for ages, my friend is in china at the moment and hes lookin for a cheap pirate copy for me :D. Well you guys are awesome to like this movie, it was awesome. And the zombies in this that were from 1984/5 where better than the zombies from 2003's Undead which i saw today. Peaace ouuut!

Ell riot.
Kelly
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2005, 01:29:33 PM »

Mark Venturini was a great guy!  I knew him for years personally and he was the perfect character.  He lived life to the fullest each and eceryday! May he rest in peace.  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Return of the Living Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.