Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:38:32 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Return of the Living Dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Return of the Living Dead  (Read 118112 times)
Cal Smith
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

That was one of the most retarded things I'd ever seen...Well ex. the red haired chick. She was hot.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Heh heh heh... "BRAINS!!!"

Finally watched the movie. And, let me just say, it is f**kING BRILLIANT. Some of the funniest zombies ever created, exellent one-liners, and the suprisingly still cool theme song make it an absolute classic. I love this almost as much as Braindead. Almost.

You want a cool flick? Watch this. Want gore? Braindead, is for you. But still, Watch This, mate, ya won't regret it.

"I hit the f**king brain!"
"Brains! More Brains!"
"What's in those bags?" "Rabid Weasals."
Max
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I don't know how this all started but Mark did not die in a set accident. I grew up in the same town and went to highschool with Mark. His parents still own a neighborhood store called Ozzies in Melrose IL, a suburb of Chicago.In highschool he used to drive a 67 GTO and I had a 68.

Mark actually died of Luekemia and it was a shock to the entire community here. He was a great guy with a lot going for him. Too bad he was taken away so early in his life.

Sue
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Mark Venturini died on February 14, 1996 of leukemia, not a set accident.  I know this because I was his ex-girlfriend, I was still a close friend when he died, and attended his funeral.  It was one of the saddest moments in my life.  I couldn't believe that this unbelievable force that was Mark could be cut down by anything.  The world grew a little darker for me and a lot of other people when he passed away.
Crazed Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This was my first zombie movie and will always have a special place in my heart. This movie ROCKS!!! I love how Freddy's jacket says" f**k You".
Heather
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I love this movie, it was like the first horror movie I ever saw.  I remember growing up watching this and my parents laughing their asses of about the cadavor running at bert.  And I am from Kentucky so I don't like the comment about blowing it up and what took so long.  THANK YOU. lol.  That would be some freaky ass s**t if it was true. I tell ya what.
NVK
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Did anyone catch Return Of The Living Dead 4: Necropolis and Return Of The Living Dead 5: Rave To The Grave on the SciFI channel last October? They changed the rules in them and the zombies died by headshots. Lot of bad reviews but I thought they were cheesy entertainment. The Tarman was in Part 5.

Also Necropolis comes out on DVD April 18.
Ian Matheson
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Anyone who has seen this movie and bashed it because the story isnt realistic, or it just wouldnt happen, should take a bat and strike their own head many times.  I have heard some pretty stupid s**t said about this movie and why the f**k does it matter?  What would be more fun?  Living your everyday life of reality, or jumping into something thats simply fun all round?  I love to make zombie flicks with my friends and i can say this for a fact, you will have the most fun of your life doing it and thats all that matters.  

This movie has pushed me even further to make more because when i watch it, you know there isnt any other thing like it.  

The thing about a serius movie is they can be amazing but there is limits to what can happen.  Now a zombie movie... anything is possible, i mean the dead are already up. Also hats off to Mark Venturini, even though his time was short, he accomplished more than enouph. R.I.P.  Thanks for one of the coolest charicters.  (suicide)
Solo Wing Pixy
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2007, 12:27:21 AM »

Tina irritated the heck out of me. Why didn't she get eaten instead of Suicide? Suicide was killed off too soon. Besides that the movie was great.
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2007, 02:48:55 PM »

I love this one, still haven't seen the original ending though. Ever notice that the end of the movie is a re-used scene from earlier? I hear that was tacked on and there's a different ending out there somewhere. 

Went to a screening of this last year at the Alamo Drafthouse, half the original cast was there to sign autographs and do a Q and A before the movie, very cool. Thumbup
cetanwin
New Visitor

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2007, 08:24:48 AM »

Does anyone know who the young guy is in the last of the movie?  He looks a lot like Tom Cruise but I can't find him listed in the credits. Question
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2007, 05:03:41 PM »

Does anyone know who the young guy is in the last of the movie?  He looks a lot like Tom Cruise but I can't find him listed in the credits. Question

Can you identify him by his character's name or what he is doing (activity, spoken lines of dialog) so that we know which young man you are looking for?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Patient Zero
New Visitor

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2007, 08:01:04 PM »

Now why do these "zombies" just eat the brains in this movie?
That's actually explained by the female half-zombie on the operating table. You see, Trioxin-produced zombies are very different from their romero-derived counterparts. They can feel themselves rot, and their joints ache due to rigor mortis. They live in a constant state of pain, "the pain of being dead," in her words. There is a chemical in human brain matter that, when consumed, makes the pain go away for a period of time. Translation: Brains are zombie painkillers.
And: WHEN DID ZOMBIES LEARN HOW TO RUN?
Again, these aren't romero zombies here. Trioxin zombies retain all of their memories, intelligence, reasoning ability, and mobility. In short, they're just like us, only dead. The only reason why they're motivated to eat brains is the aforementioned painkiller effect. Otherwise, they could theoretically be functioning members of society.

"A fool finds no pleasure in understanding, but delights in airing his own opinions." - Proverbs 18:2
...Thus explaining the behavior of message board trolls everywhere.
TimFromLouisvilleKY
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2008, 09:17:50 AM »

I absolutely love this movie...Can't wait for "Diary of the Dead."  I got into this movie by fluke and surprised to see they nuked my hometown. Why does everyone want to blow up my home state?
T S 98 lbs
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2008, 10:27:17 PM »

I remember Mark Venturini from the wrestling team at West Leyden High School. He wrestled 167 lbs varsity and was pretty good. I remember one time at the end of a tough loss he swung his arm down in disgust and his head gear flew off and the ref thought he threw it down. Also in that 67 GTO he had, he slid on ice and crashed into my step-dad's car. Paid cash for the repair. We would go to Ozzies and get our sandwiches before the Friday away wrestling meets all the time. Had a friend that lived across from Mark's parents house back in 1989. Went over to that person's house on a brand new Harley and Mark came out and asked if he could take it for a spin. I said no because I just got it. Feel like a jerk now. Mark was a great guy and I don't know what made me think of him. Just reminiscing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Return of the Living Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.