Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:23:23 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Munchies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Munchies  (Read 13669 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 13, 2012, 08:35:58 AM »

This movie is a rip-off of "Gremlins," but with Harvey Korman.  A <b>LOT</b> of Harvey Korman.  In fact, there is so much Harvey Korman here that there is very little time for the hungry gremlins.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pacman000
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 04:18:47 PM »

Nice review.  I'm a bit disappointed that the munchies don't "munch" anything.  I bunch of little Gremlin-esc creatures trying to eat a whole town would be funny.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 01:48:26 PM »

I am fairly sure I saw at least part of this film on cable back in the '80s but I have only the vaguest memories of it, mainly of Harvey Korman. CURSE YOU KORMAN!!!  Hatred

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
gloomhound
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 12:35:25 PM »

Am I a bad person because after reading this review I immediately when to see if I could get this movie thru Netflix just so I could see the "headlights to get stuck in the on position" scene?
DeanM
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 07:04:06 PM »

Here's a film I saw when I was about ten years old and sort of forgot but never really forgot. Make of that what you will.

Probably the funniest thing about this review is that I had no idea when I originally saw this flick who Harvey Korman was. Watching the film, I thought he was just some weird-looking a***ole who was in a cheap flick. Little did I know that I was watching a slice of slumming from one of the men who made Blazing Saddles so awesome.

I say all that because, much like the reviewer, by the time this flick was over I wanted whomever was playing these two characters to die. Not the characters, mind you, but the actor. He was so intensely creepy and irritating that I thought he was going to hypnotise me into running through my home town naked. Or something equally excruciating. As hard to take as he is in as concentrated doses as here, however, you do notice how much better an actor he is than any of the rest of the cast. None of the other actors can get through five lines without making one want to smash the television in protest.

Korman aside, the real star of this flick was the Munchie puppet(s). Yes, they are severe Gremlin rip-offs, and the parallels that are pointed out between child development and the creatures' life-cycles form something that proves more interesting than both films. But as incompetent and silly as the script is, I think the writers knew that any connection they made between the flick and the audience would be through the Munchies. Long have I hoped for a sequel. Maybe I shall just have to go out and make one myself...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Munchies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.