Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:17:13 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Night of the Living Dead(1990) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Night of the Living Dead(1990)  (Read 45244 times)
TROMA4LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
« on: November 09, 1999, 05:57:43 PM »

Two thumbs up for me. A very underrated film.
theobtuse_christ@hotmail.com
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 1999, 08:01:59 AM »

I saw this movie once on TV, which did have a lot more clarity to it than the original. The part where he hits the gravestone made me giggle as I could see the head was rubber...some of the other effects were blatantly bad,but all in large it was enjoyable to watch right up until the ending. I don't know about you,but was there a subtle attempt at social commentary at the end? They seemed to want to make some sort of antipathy towards rednecks...I'm sorry,past evils of the South don't compare to ZOMBIES EATING PEOPLE IN MASS FORCE. But that's just me.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2000, 07:11:12 PM »

One of the best zombie movies I have ever seen!
Chris K.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2000, 03:23:07 PM »

Bad! Very bad! Horrible remake of the original 1968 classic with innane dialogue, bad acting abound, and just about bad everything. Just watch the original, or if you major film buffs cannot watch the original due to it being in black and white. Personaly the original is more scary in black and white.
Private Joker
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2002, 11:27:08 PM »

Just watched it, worth watching if you loved the original, but watch the original first.  This was dissapointing but entertaining enough; although the acting was laughable.
Soy Got
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2000, 12:30:30 AM »

THis movie in my opinion was seriously pretty good.  Although in two specific instances I was forced to laugh uncontrollably.  One being the crippled zombie unable to walk towards the beging.  Another was while the zombies are breaking into the house, all of a sudden a shirtless anerexic zombie busts in and his intrance is absolutly hillaroious.  Not becasue it was over done just because of the sort of frog stroke he does, and his skinny physic.  Then he is quickly shot in the head. Classic.
Tony
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2000, 03:10:21 AM »

This movie is not that bad of a remake, but definitely doesn't compare to George A. Romero's original, which in my opinion is still the scariest movie ever made. But Tom Savini does a great job here as director and creator of all the special make-up effects. He's one of those original pioneers in this field, and everyone who's ever seen his work will never forget it!
Bo Senden
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Should have been a LOT gorier but hey, overall a good movie. I think it's one of the best horrormovies and the best remake! -xxx-
Nick
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I liked it and all, but how the hell did Tony Todd (Ben) become a zombie??  He locked himself downstairs with ZERO zombies.  The only one was the wife of the dickhead and he shot her in the head.  The rednecks also had to use a chainsaw to cut open the dorr.  There wasn't a zombie to bite him!  If you can tell me how he was turned into a zonmbie, please e-mail me the answer.  Besides that, good movie except the dumb@$$ who uses a d@mn SHOTGUN to break a lock on a GAS PUMP!  
Max Gardner
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Dawn of the Dead is being remade, but I have no idea by whom.  There's no information as of yet on the IMDb.  I know it's not Romero.  I was hoping it would be, considering the fine job he did on the NOTLD remake.  As for those people who had a problem with Romero's disparaging of rednecks at the end, he did it in the original as well, and to a greater extent - in the 1968 version Ben wasn't even a zombie when the rednecks shoot him in the head.  Barbara may or may not be indicative of Romero's "politcal correctness," but it's plain to see that she's a far more entertaining character to watch in the 1990 film.
bloodcult
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

two words : f**king awful. ok, barbera is some gun totin' superchick is an improvement over the original? i guess the "old" barbera's demeanor isn't really politically correct????
what a f**king insult to judith o'dea's great performance in the original - and duane jones as well.
romero should be ashamed of himself.
Jesus Thorn
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This was something I rented with about six other cheesey horror flicks one lonely night. I did enjoy it, considering it's about dead people reanimated to eat the living. Or maybe it was just that the other movies I watched that night were terrible. I don't know why they remade this. They could have just as easily made another sequel instead. The original was okay for its time, and so was this remake.
Moebius
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It was a great movie. Not that sci-fi and voodoo have ever mixed really well, but when you can suspend your disbelief for an hour or two, it's just plain old good clean fun.

Okay, so a few things were changed...but 'the black guy' (he always had a name? I haven't seen the original in years, but, hey...) still knows everything, and still gets killed by his own side. Social commentary meets B Cinema...C'est formidable.

For those who don't know, the concept is that an unknown force is reanimating the bodies of the dead by reactivating the brain. So, you don't have to be bitten, dang it. Who do you think bit the original zombies, hm? So, yeah...Ben just dies breathing his own blood and voila, instant zombie.
Dano
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I thought this movie was fun and I especially liked the redhead.  I confess I've never seen the original, but it's hard for me to imagine that any zombie movie could be the "scariest movie ever."  Zombies are slow, easy to escape from, and easy to kill.  Yes, if you were completely cornered and there were millions of them, they'd overwhelm you, but it seems that zombie movies always rely on the protagonists inexplicably and foolishly cornering themselves.  Going down my list of scariest movies ever, I don't hit any zombies in the Top 25.  Lots of aliens, ghosts, a shark, an American werewolf... no zombies in that scariest movie list.

I also thought the end of this movie where the red head saw the Rednecks playing games with the zombies and killing them was absolutely hysterical.  "They're us.  We're them and they're us."  What the hell does THAT mean??  At what point did the zombies exhibit any capacity for deliberate cruelty for cruelty's sake?  And what exactly is her problem with people killing zombies?  Kind of hypocritical, isn't it?  

Jesus Thorn
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Any chainsaws on your list?

The Zombie rodeo at the end is supposed to be a reality-bite, I think. When blacks were hanged. History repeating itself, or something. And I'm sure there's something in what she's saying, but it's not worth giving much thought to.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Night of the Living Dead(1990) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.