Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:57:44 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Bats « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Bats  (Read 59140 times)
AlphaWoolf
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Bad, bad, bad, oh $DEITY this was BAD.  Utterly moronic from beginning to (almost) end.  Nice to see that modern filmakers can still churn out something as bad as "The Giant Gila monster" while spending 1,000,000,000x as much money to do it.  The one, and I do mean ONE, scene in this movie that gets an intentional laugh is the final, final shot.  Sadly, this shot also tells you that the people making this film thought it was crap too, so they decided to literally squash any chance of a sequel.  Too bad they didn't put more thought into the rest of the film.
Schirm
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2003, 09:13:11 PM »

I love Dina Meyer...and this movie was still unwatchable!!! I had to go rent Starship Troopers just to clense myself.
waif_99
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Batly done... very very batly done. there's just no debat
about it.  Large piles of bat crap to all involved.

Jon
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I loved the movie!!  Definitely 5 stars!  I've got it on DVD and VHS!
jessica
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I think the movie was great it was a blast beyond the first Bats that was made.  I've enjoyed the films that Meyers, Phillips and, Leon have been in.  I know the film ended in a down key of the Bat being ran over, but you could make it that a bat did get away, and make a part two.  I know i'll go see it, bye.
Less
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The worst movie I had ever had the misfortune of paying to see in a movie theater. The only cliche I can think of that wasn't included in this movie is that of the black guy dying first.

By the way, didn't the goofy FBI guy and the main character chick resemble Mulder and Scully?
yannick
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I know this movie isnt the best thing on earth, but Dina Meyer looked damn hot it that movie, i cannot beleive what a change of hairstyle can do for someone, i found here butt ugly in Starship Troopers.

I saw the movie at Walmart and for 6$ i add to buy it, got it on dvd also, i saw this movie at 30$+ in some dvd stores, can you imagine.

Its a bad movie but still its funny and far better then most of Lou Diamond Phillips movies, what the hell has happened to that guy.
JImi
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

WORST MOVIE EVER
Cornyness can only go so far. The ending? WHAT THE F???
Bats cant dig
Bats dont look like that
horrible acting
bad dialogue
IL NEVER WATCH IT AGIN
M
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this a bunch of years ago, and I can remember just one scene (and that probably speaks for this film's quality) - the "Last Crusade" one, only with fire+guano+methane instead of fire+oil. Funny, though, that Crusade doesn't get trashed for that, equally stupid, scene... :o)
Dante Wyrmfoe
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I worked as a manager/projectionist in a Utah theatre when this horrid pice of film trash was released.
So of course I had the following conversation at least 2 dozen times.
(The movie was shot primarily in Spanish Fork I believe)

Customer: I was an extra in this film
Me: I wouldn't go around admitting that if I were you.

Two things that bothered me that I don't see mentioned often.

#1 If memory serves there is a scene where a bat crawls into the exhaust pipe of a car and then out the air conditioning system in the dashboard.
Correct me if I'm wrong but if my car was built that way I'd die!

#2 Nosferatu is playing every hour on the hour in a one screen theatre...Nosferatu is an 81 minute film.
Even if they don't bother cleaning the theatre between screenings that's physically impossible.  

Eagle
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2005, 08:45:38 AM »

One of those movies I hate. Boring story, boring characters, boring special-effects.
Steve
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2005, 12:47:46 PM »

Given his recent work, either Lou Diamond Phillips is deliberately scraping the bottom of the barrel, or his agent deserves to be staked out in a bog someplace...
venison
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The reason this movie is so bad (and I don't mean in an enjoyably bad sense, I mean "I want 2 hours of my life back" bad) is because it TRIES to be good. And besides the countless number of groan-inducing cliches, did anyone else notice how it even ripped off the X-Files with the suit-waring government agent and lead Scully look-alike?
Sean Redmond
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2006, 04:32:32 PM »

Overall this movie was even cornier than Tango and Cash,and that is a damn corny movie.Also why the f$&@ can  something crawl into the exhaust pipe and moments later in through the air vent? If that was my car i think that i would have to get that piece of SH7T checked out. Also since when do those fu)king bat burrow into the ground and pop up at the same time the trucks tire is there. CHEEE-ZEE.   We should build a time machine just to go back and stop the making of this god-awful movie.
Zack
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 11:12:32 PM »

Not even Lou diamond philips could have survived that...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Bats « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.