Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:31:09 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Beastmaster « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Beastmaster  (Read 67802 times)
Chrisb
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I could just tell when I heard that crazed cackling from the crones that their faces weren't going to be pretty.
Usually I prefer my 80's fantasy heroes to have a bit more charisma than your Singers and your Arnies, relying on wit and intelligence over brawn in the face of overwhelming opposition - the Dragonslayer / Dark Crystal mould.
There was really no perilous quest here; Dar rarely seemed in any danger at all. His enemies proved unequal and underwhelming, lacking that 'omnipotent threat factor' of the best of the genre.

The ferrets antics and Tanya Roberts helped pass the time.Those eyes! (no, hers!)
james
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is one of my favorite S&S movies ever. It's just so cheesy! What's more, you can tell that none of the cast is taking it seriously, resulting in some awesomely OTT performances. There are so many things to like about this movie: the supermodel witches with the botched face lifts, the recycled death priests that seem to pop up throughout the movie, despite being killed several times over, the green eyed psycho guards, the batmen with the eagle fetish... Honestly, there's never a dull moment in this movie. Cow cesarians, exploding huts on stilts, bears hiding in bushes, incestuous love interests, random sword swinging (for no apparent reason), ferret sniffing, random stick swinging (for no apparent reason), stealing the clothes off nude bathing girls and then sexually accosting them afterwards... hilarity!
PurplePeopleEater
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2005, 09:45:46 PM »

Excellent movie.  Is better than the sum of its obvious flaws.  Heh, how did everyone like the second.  Kodo and Podo ROCK!
Nick Akers
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Goddamn I want to see this film!
I'm way too young to have caught it first time around and somehow it's passed under my bad taste radar but from what I'm reading it sounds a bit like Conan ramped up to silly proportions.
I just hope I can find the Trilogy as a box set with loads of extra features (and maybe even buy some of the TV series for added low budget madness).
What a weekend that is gonna be!!!!
Chrisb
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

About the ferret/ kleptomaniac thing: 'Ferret', after the French 'fuiret', derived from the latin 'furix' meaning 'thief'. Sorry to be a pedant!
Stacey
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2008, 01:58:34 PM »

Thumbup This is a definite favorite from my childhood and I still love watching it to this day and I'm 30 something! I just love it. I find it very entertaining. Maybe it's my love for animals?  Smile Please check out my website to learn how you can help animals in trouble. http://KindnessNotCruelty.org
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2008, 03:24:58 PM »

It's been years, but I remember being enthralled by it as a kid. I owe some of my earliest tinglings of libido to those witches...though maybe the face to leg contrast just made the latter look so much nicer.

I think my parents were so worried about the slashers and shoot em ups of the era that things like this were tolerated, maybe via the reasoning that it must have looked too silly to them for it to be considered a threat. It could also be that they figured sword fighting movies would make me gravitate towards sticks rather than guns and knives...it could also be that my dad liked them more. Wink

I'm so curious to know, because however cheesey it might have been, this one had more than its share of violent, disturbing, and violently disturbing scenes. hot

I would love to enjoy it again, but would hate to spoil my memory of its crazy coolness.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Cut 'n' Paste
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 12:54:29 AM »

One of my wife's favourite films. Could Singer's posing pouch have anything to do with that ?????
For me, it's a yawn, but she sits through it rivetted (Hmmmm) time after time!
Teresa
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2008, 02:01:36 PM »

I own The Beast Master and Marc Singer has the hottest body I have ever seen in my life. I watch The Beast Master every day! He is the finest man alive. You can tell he has a great spirit and he's a great man! I love the movie plenty of action pretty women and hot men. John Amos was a very strapping man in that day. Always remember to "Pull For Your Freedom!"  Thumbup
BixDugan
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2008, 01:13:49 PM »

The Beastmaster simply Rocked!

I even liked the series. Did you know Marc Singer appears in the last handful of shows? That was a neat little throwback to the original Dar.
bloodkrishna
Executioner from Hong Kong
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2010, 11:42:42 PM »

King's bedchambers are not very well guarded, someone can easily sneak in with a cow.
haha!!!!
maybe the witch have a very great teleport black magic

Toad style is immensely strong, and immune to nearly any weapon. When it's properly used, it's almost invincible
Anna Moore
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2011, 08:38:49 AM »

:thumbup:watched this movie years ago and loved it. rented it and shared with many friends. I have been trying to get a copy for years to download and still looking. It is an interesteing concept, the visuals are great and well I loved it!
American_Jedi
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2011, 03:53:31 PM »

I don't care what people say, I like this movie DAMN IT!!! I first saw this when it came on the pay channels back in the 80's as a kid.

I thought it was entertaining then, and I still think it's entertaining now...(yes, I own it on dvd)

Are some parts cheesy and dated?? OF COURSE THEY ARE!!!

LOOK, IT WAS THE 80'S PEOPLE....YOU SNORTED COKE AND MADE RIDICULOUSLY CHEESY MOVIES!!!

During that time, America was on a coke fueled, self-love, ego-trip....and it definitely showed from Hollywood.

In case you don't agree, let's examine some of the period's ridiculous protagonists shall we??

1. Dar: As we've seen, a bastard child of royal blood....BORN TO A COW.

2. Doug Masters: A cocky, young high-school aged Air Force that just happens to rescue his fighter pilot father from the clutches of an evil 3rd world dictator.

How does he accomplish this??....ONLY BY PILOTING A FULLY ARMED F-16 INTO ENEMY TERRITORY DESTROYING EVERYTHING WITH WINGS OR WHEELS WITH ABSOLUTELY 0% AIR FORCE ACADEMY TRAINING.

3. And my personal favorite.....Alex Rogan: A whiney kid that lives in a trailer park where apparently getting the high-score on the local arcade game is the most fascinating and entertaining public spectacle since the miracles of Jesus Christ.

How does being the "Starfighter" champ of the trailer park benefit him??.....Well, OF COURSE HE CAN NOW LEAVE EARTH TO GO SAVE AN ALIEN RACE IN A FAR AWAY GALAXY BY CO-PILOTING A SPACECRAFT IN A DESPERATELY OUT-NUMBERED INTER-STELLAR SPACE BATTLE THAT SEVERAL HOURS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES HAVE COMPLETELY PREPARED HIM FOR.

See a pattern concerning the 80's developing here??.....We were in love w/ ourselves back then, and it showed on film.....at least until the cocaine high wore off.  TeddyR
Dogsledder
New Visitor

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »

I love this movie. It was crap! But when this movie was made crap MEANT something. Marc Singer was a musy have for bad movies back in the day. Seen Virus? V? You couldn't make a truely bad film without him. Today it's getting so every idiot kid with a digital camera and a shark idea thinks he can make a B movie.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Beastmaster « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.