Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:37:06 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Lake Placid « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Lake Placid  (Read 83280 times)
Jim
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Lake Placid seems to be an appropriate title, as this movie is boring as hell. Giant killer crocodile screams excitement, so why the boring flick? There's a reason why Bill Pullman and Bridget Fonda haven't been seen in any decent movies and you're looking at that same reason right now. Lake Placid is a yawn-fest that should be skipped.
Dan Lyon
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The Richard Dreyfuss Jaws type guy was a bit much to accept graciously at times, but Betty White made up for it. A keeper for the collection; actually paid for a brandy-new copy (on sale...on vhs...at Wol-Mert, 'cause they have those lo lo prices).
Apollyon
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Anyone who doesn't like this movie does not appreciate just listening to a film's dialogue. The dialogue and character interaction MADE this movie...otherwise, it's just like something you'd see on Sci-Fi on a Saturday night "starring" some TV actor you haven't seen in 10 years. Also I was relieved to find that it wasn't another example of the typical brainless "I want lots of fake blood and dead people" crap that one all too often finds in movies of this caliber. 8/10, I say, for solid entertainment.
JT
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

4 stars! There is no way that you can call "Lake Placid"
a B-Movie. The Category just doesn't fit. I mean, sure, what are the chances of a 30 ft. Asian croc living in a lake in Maine, but you gotta give some credit to Betty White's acting & the sarcastic dialogue. I also admit there aren't any chances of Mrs. Bickerman being so psycho she'd keep the croc as a pet. How can you love something that killed your husband? Then again, I wonder if Mrs. B. ever liked her husband. Hmmmmm....
Austin
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie wasn't all that bad, and I think that was its downfall, IMO.  Sure, it has a giant alligator and Bridget Fonda, and the acting wasn't horrible, like you'd expect from a movie of this type (they sprung for higher-budget actors than they probably should have), and some of the death scenes were approaching the over-the-top gore that I've come to cherish.  It just didn't quite go there, and therefore it lacks any special redeeming quality.  What it really needs is a robot.  Like a giant alligator fighting robot (A giant mechanical Steve Irwin, maybe? haha).  And more blood.  The alligator needs to go raid the nearest town for no apparent reason other than to add more bloody death to the movie.  It's just too serious of a movie.  The dialogue WAS good, though.
Lois
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2004, 06:03:34 PM »

I thought this was a somewhat enjoyable movie, considering its simple (and overused) plot. I loved Betty White as the feisty old woman feeding her pet crocodile the way normal people dote on a dog or cat.  Everything else in the movie was predictable, though. We have the sheriff who wants to kill the creature, the scientist who wants to capture it for research, the usual crocodile-eating-people scenes, etc. I found myself rooting for the creature--as I often do in monster movies--because frankly, some of those people were too stupid NOT to die!
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

A predictable "Jaws" stlye film but enjoyable none the less.
**1/2
giant claw
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2004, 07:13:46 PM »

Cant you remember another simular film THE GREAT ALLIGATOR? and all those romers about alligators in the New York City sewers? the old story of how people would visit florada and bring baby alligators back with them then they would grow tired of them and flush them down the toilet and so began one of the most weidest urban legends around and any way getting down to the point the director and producer of this wretched movie should be thrown to the crocidiles
Sora the B-Movie Alchemist
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this movie on AMC, and I wasn't disappointed. Old people eaten, big ass gators, it had it all.

Violence: ***
Goofiness: ***
Monster: *
Actors: *
Overall: **
bettercheddar
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Lake Placid is hilarious! I really like this film - the fun factor is off the charts. It was not made to be taken seriously. C'mon - listen to the dialogue. My favorite character is the Sheriff "That's sarcastic, right?" - And Fonda with the heads!!! Too funny.
The whole premise of the film is soooo totally silly - that's what makes it so much fun to watch. I felt sorry for the bear(Just really bothered me - the bear's death moan just sends shivers down my spine. Finally, Betty White was a hoot - f**kMEAT OMG! I never would have believed it had I not seen it or heard it! Just totally unexpected!
If you understand that from the get-go this film is lampooning monster movies from beginning to end, there is no way you cannot enjoy it. I give it two thumbs up!  
mark707
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2005, 03:48:08 PM »

TWO words this movie is watchable  BETTY WHITE and iam also a fan of bill pullman ...
jmsynth
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2006, 05:19:44 AM »

This movie would have been better if they had made it as a full on B-Movie rather than a mainstream film with fairly lavish production values
IT
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Good special effects don't make a great movie and unfortunatly this was not a great movie.After I left the theater I saw another movie playing next door to it called DEEP BLUE now that was a great movie review that one please.
Bob the mutant chicken
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This was one of the best horror comedies I've ever seen.BETTY WHITE was my favorite character she stole the show.OH THIS WAS'NT A COMEDY.Still a very enjoyable movie worth buying.The look on the doomed bears face was hilarious.
Nasty J
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2007, 12:18:45 PM »

This movie is questionably a "B" movie. I thought it was decent enough to be in the bottom of the "A" list.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Lake Placid « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.