Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:05:06 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Super Monster Gamera « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Super Monster Gamera  (Read 21661 times)
MR.C
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This Gamera film by far is one of the worse monster films in Kajiu history. The film copies Star Wars by useing it's spaceship. I personally agree that the amount of stock footage is unrivled. All of Gamera's fights are just from previous entries. I can not belive this movie was even made. Though it may be bad it can be good for those monster movie fans who enjoy kiddy Gamera films.

Final rating 2 out of 5 stars...
George
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well presumably the last in the old Gamera series,plenty of stockfootaged,the thing I hate the most about this movie is Gamera dies!,& then they come up with new versions of Gamera that I don't even like,why does everyone think that change is for the better,some may be but when it comes to Gamera,they didn't have to change his looks or say he came from Atlantis,after all we never did really see him crash into spaceship Zanon,now did we?.
Kevin R. Kemper
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'm Ted's journalism teacher, and he did a super job with this review.
Modesto
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 01:35:14 PM »

He visto la pelicula ayer y solo puedo decir una cosa...joderrrrr....que descojone...de lo peor que se ha visto en cine alguno....y es del año 80!!!!!!...nooooo...no de 1880!!!!....de 1980!!!!!!!.....madre mia...estos japoneses no son normales.....
Kristoffer
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This review was really fun to read!!
Super Monster Gamera is the only Gamera movie I have seen. I saw it for the first time back in the 80's when I was a kid. To me this is a cult movie that make me feel nostalgic every time I watch it. The best scene in the movie is when Gamera throws that large boulder that comes sailing through the air in a way that totally defies gravity. Hilarious!!
Thanx fo a great review with plenty of background info that was new to me. Now I must try to find the earlier Gamera movies.
neil
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The crucial thing about Supermonster Gamera is it's central ambiguity. Does the universe objectively contain monsters and spacewomen or do we witness the over ripe imagination of a home organ playing turtle obsessed Japanese school boy?
The film never resolves the matter. The news services apparently report the unfurling chain of disasters visiting Japans power stations and transport network yet Keiichi's mother thinks all this talk of monsters is coming out the kid's arse. The spacewoman talk of Gamera's origins being Keiichi's dreams and later, without change of character, interact with Mother. But if the spacewomen are real, surely the monsters are too. Contradictions like this make for a complex narrative form, requiring the viewer to acknowledge a disunited reality. This realty being multifaceted presents a fractured logic that is best enjoyed assuming that it was Yuasa's intention. I can watch this film any number of times and never be bored because the fractured logic and other wierd features, the fact that Mazda is the only make of car seen throughout the entire movie and that the only male characters are a comical policeman and a booming authoritative voice, make for inexhaustable interest. I want to write a thesis on the film. It's so wonderfully complicated.
George
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well another great Gamera website,unfortunatly this has to be the one where he dies slaming into spaceship Zanon for the good of us all,I really love the old Gamera movies from the first 3 which are classic,so long as they are the American International Television ones upto super monster,the thing is I don't like the fact he died,and then many years later they make new Gamera movies,change his looks and then leave us hanging in the Iris movie with millions of Gaos heading towards Tokyo,so will ADV Films ever release Gamera 4 second Gaos attack made by true fans of Gamera back in 2003?,as they say stay tuned to find out.
George
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well guess what,although it may be letterbox,(my favorite right),it's avalible at a place callled I Want That DVD.com,the saddest of original Gamera movies,it isn't,mostly stock footage,and vague plot line from the first 7 Gamera movies,just think,if American International Pictures had stuck with Daie,there may have been a Gamera vs. Garrahship but such was not the case so we are where we are as to Gamera,for now,still no signs of Gamera 4,or any mention of the other new Gamera film being released by ADV,let's just hope the new Daie has Gamera looking like he did,way back in the good old days.
George
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The saddest Gamera movie of them all,he dies saving the world and the 3 spacewomen from spaceship Zannon,mostly stock footage from past movies and vague plotline from the first 7 films,not bad,not good I'd give it one and a half stars,I would of given it two stars if Gamera had lived,but he's back now and let's hope the good people of Daiei get him back to the way he looked in the begining and that he breathes fire out of his mouth once again.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Super Monster Gamera « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.