Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:04:49 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Car « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: The Car  (Read 89973 times)
nogrownups
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Yeah, everyone looks at me strange when I say 'The Car' was an awesome movie. I read somewhere a glowing review of the movie's cinematology(?) but the story was very much lacking. I also read a fanfic about a sequel. That was worse than the orginal!
I'm on the look out for a '71 Mark III. Of course I'm going to have to explain to the wife what I am doing with it as I am cutting the top off, but I figure I can do that AFTER I buy it...
Matt
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I was just 6 when "THE CAR" came on TV in australia in 1979
After the first viewing, i fell in love with this film
ALthough it does have some dull moments and some of the car scenes were sped up, i still today enjoy it and watch the Anchor bay widescreen version regularly.
Unfortunately, the anchor bay version is missing one piece of film. In the 79 TV version, after the car goes off the cliff, there is a shot of the front grille under tonnes of rock and a few seconds later you see the car begin to rise up out of the rocks. The air horns blast and then the screen goes blank and the car is seen in los angeles and the credits roll.
I posted about this on IMDB.com and many people replied back stating that they saw this as well.
The only true way to see this awesome film is in widescreen.
There is some info about the car on barris.com and i am desperate to get a 1/10 scale model of the car.
Although a very boxy design, george barris did a marvelous job on the car.
6 were built, 1 steel and 5 fibreglass
If you look carefully during the big roll over scene, one car has no drive train or exhaust and the left front wheel broke off.
Then there is a jumpcut to another car with running gear.
Not sure where the car is now but i believe it should be restored if neccessary and put in a museum or at universal studios.
The film is only 90 minutes long and more footage would of been nice.
If a sequel or remake is done, i'd love to see a futuristic version of the car made.
The first built dodge viper concept car looks like a 1990's version of the 71 lincoln on certain angles

the other day i was going through some of my uncles old car magazines and stumbled across a mint condition cinema release A4 size poster of the movie.

Bill
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

God help me, I saw this in a THEATER!  It was scary then, but I was about 12.  

We kept scaring each other for months afterwards by honking the horn....beep beepbeep beeeeeep.  

Yikes.
mike
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I loved this movie when I saw it as a teenager and I still do. My best friend and I went to see it at the theatre about three or four times, we couldn't get enough of it.

If anyone is interested I devoted a webpage to this movie,as far as I know it's the only one on the NET
to see it go to:

www.mikedemosite.homestead.com/THECAR.html
Dawn Thorp
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I used to watch this movie all the time when I was a kid, every time it was on TV.  For some reason it fascinated me to no end.

I had not seen the movie since before I was like 10 or 11, until--lo and behold!--it happened to be on the Sci-Fi Channel just a couple days ago!  (I just turned 35.)  I couldn't believe my luck!  Revisiting childhood memories was great!

Total guilty pleasure movie!  I am a big fan of movies of all kinds, but the bad B-movies are so great!  Thanks for putting up such a great site, guys!

Steve
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

No guys, I've got news for you THIS MOVIE SUCKS!!! It has no explantion, no plot, all the wrong people die, and who cares. I didn't, I was hoping Babs hu8bie would die, no such luck. OK so I rooted for thje car.
DJ
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2003, 06:09:46 AM »

I Love this movie! I seen it a few times on the SciFi channel, a while back. I love that car, its so cool. I was really disapointed when Lauren died! :(  She was hot. Some parts are kinda slow and alittle boring, but this movie is worth watching. I like it so much, I bought it on DVD.
Morgan Hoyle-Combs
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

You know, I've been thinking, if you combined Mad Max and The Terminator with The Car, you would have a movie. A post apocalyptic, with a cyborg car, out to desrtroy one man and only one man.
Morgan Hoyle-Combs
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

No Christian, actually this is what happened:

Margie comes out side when she here's a noise.

Margie: Lauren is that you?
Wade: Margie, it's Wade.
Margie: Wade? I thought you were in the hospital!
Wade: Don't come in here! Go back upstairs!
Margie: What's wrong?
Wade: Go back inside!
Margie: What?
Wade: Did you here me?! GET IN THE HOUSE!!
Margie: What is wrong Wade?!
Wade: Go back upstairs! The Car! It's in here!
Margie: Oh my god!

Magie goes back in the house.

THAT is what happened.
Christian
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

It is in this movie that I heard the funniest line ever written. It's when James Brolin comes home and finds the devilsih vehicle waiting for him.

"Lauren, lock the kids in their room! The car is in the GARAGE!"
Tommy
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2004, 02:07:03 PM »

I am a true gearhead(Chevy)and I LOVE this movie especially for that CAR, they now offer 1/18 metal models of this car I just love it and the movie is Good also!!!!
Paul Reed
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is a GREAT show. No everything in the world is bad just because it's cheesey.  And lets get it straight, THE CAR is set in Utah, NOT California.
Car Lover
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2004, 02:26:27 PM »

I looked up Santa Ynez on the computer and nothing came up for Utah. Santa Ynez is mountains in California. So which is it? Utah Or california? Also if you go to Barris.com they tell alittle about the car.
Eric Bass
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I was bored and not knowing what to look up on the web and I was looking around from where I was sitting to find anything to type in and  I looked at my THE CAR
metal body model I got at walmart and thats I got here funny isnt it
I loved the  movie  it brought back memories of a young and fun time part of my life I was 7 in 77 I didnt see at the movies I think on a UHF channel  seems like it would come on in the spring every year  well any way I liked it   by the way there is another good bad movie I would like to see and find on dvd or vhs
it came out about the same time I did see this one at the movies  and my older sister almost ripped my arm off its called (  Sasquatch  ) If anyone knows where to find one please let me know
      Thanks Eric
night heron
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2004, 07:41:11 PM »

Hmmmm how about THE CAR vs CHRISTINE vs HERBIE THE LOVE BUG vs CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG vs KITT(knight rider)it would end up looking like a demolesion derbie
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Car « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.