Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:00:43 AM
712939 Posts in 53041 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Krull « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Krull  (Read 89381 times)
Crom
New Visitor

« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2011, 04:24:33 PM »

In responce to the op's original post in my opinion Conan the Barbarian is a great film, Beastmaster is a fun film, and Krull is, well, Krull.

Krull is also one of the only films I have ever fallen asleep during back in the heyday of my 80's video rental dominated youth. I don't know if I was just really tired that night, or if Krull really did bore me into sleepy oblivion, but in an age where I watched everything I could get my hands on, pretty much regardless of age, genre, quality, or budget, it was Krull that put me to sleep.

The only other film that I recall doing that on video was a z-grade ninja film that starred Richard Harrison. Now being a child of the 80's, knowing who Sho Kosugi was, I have no problem with that. Sure his films aren't exactly award winners, but at least Sho Kosugi was cool. You know, in the 80's. To crazy kids like me. I always thought of him as kind of like the asian Charles Bronson in a funny sort of way. But knowing who Richard Harrison was, for that I have no excuse, and no child should be exposed to such knowledge at such an age. Maybe not at any age. I mean he called himself Master Ninja Gordon in most of his films for Christ sakes. Sadly there are some things you just can't unlearn... 

Anyway back to Krull, I haven't actually seen it in so long that I don't really even remember it any longer, just fragments really. Hmmm, maybe I should revisit...
wolfsemtex
New Visitor

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2011, 03:01:07 AM »

This movie seems to have a massive following.  I have talked to a ton of people that love this movie, and all of them have indicated that they haven't watched it since they were kids.  I somehow missed watching it when I was a kid, and seeing it first time as an adult, I realized even after watching it twice, I could barely remember a damn thing about the movie, other then it being kind of plodding and not making a damn bit of sense (horse riding alien invaders, fire mares that were easier to catch than blind puppies, and the fact that the stupid glaive could have been a game changer in every single fight they were in!).  I love b flicks, but I couldn't bring myself to love this one.  If you have great memories of this flick from when you were young, you might want to think twice before rewatching this one.  Just my opinion though, as I said, some people freaking love this movie! Buggedout
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2011, 06:41:31 AM »

One of THE great adventure sword/sorcery type films of the 1980s. Great watching it when you're a kid, but I'll agree I did struggle with it when re-watching as a "grown-up". It does seem to drag and I honestly thought it was a bit more lively and action packed, but I did still get a good nostalgia kick from Krull. Lots of memories came flashing back to me, being plonked in the living room on a Sunday afternoon on the white shag carpet staring in wonder at the images on our wood panelled TV screen....

Plus, Lysette Anthony was great, even if she was dubbed.  Smile

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Krull « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.