Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:02:14 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  A Boy and His Dog « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: A Boy and His Dog  (Read 99674 times)
Kaoslord
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

How can you not like this film?  Boy gets girl, boy loses girl, boy recovers girl, AND FEEDS HER TO HIS DOG!  YES!  
I recorded this movie off of PBS and I'm glad I did.  No advertisements and no editing(suprising enough).  First and only time I ever saw nudity on PBS(it was 2:00 in the morning may be they figured no one would notice).
Jim Brown
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I haven't read the actual book by Ellison.But I do have the "Vic & Blood" comic by "Mad Dog Graphics".

Which unlike the movie was a very sad ending.

Their's also a Prequel to the story by Ellison that I do have called "Eggsucker".

Which I highly recommend.Jim
AlphaWoolf
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2002, 05:01:59 PM »

Except for the twist at the end (watch out for the spoiler above), this movie was a confusing mess to me.  I should watch it again sometime to try to sort it out.  Perhaps the version I saw was heavily edited, for the movie makes no sense to me once Don reaches the underground cult.  Jason Robards laughs maniacally and then Don just sorta leaves.  The review on this site states it more clearly than I remember.  Not really cheesy (too grim), not really good (too confusing), just a sort of interesting failure, I guess.
Winston Barclay
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is one of the great classics of science-fiction filmmaking. It truly captures the Harlan Ellison atmosphere (right up there with the first "Terminator" film). Even though made on a small budget (the mutants are green flashing lights) this movie has the tasty sense of the grotesque that the best science fiction can provide. Who could not like a story where the totalitarian society's loudspeakers broadcast helpful household hints?
derek carlson
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

ooooh man.
me and some friends were at blockbuster when this movie just sorta poped out at us and screamed "rent me!!"
fortunetly, we did.
and i must say that even though none of us understood anything about it except for the fact that the girl gets eaten at the end........

and that was enough to put this in my top ten list.
Emily
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

this had to be one of the weirdest movies ever. very bizarre and confusing. we couldn't figure out why the people had paint all over their faces or why the dog was telepathic. meh. it was ok. the only reason we rented it was because of the title itself "A Boy and His Dog: a Super Sexual Sci Fi Adventure" how could that not be sick and disgusting? we were thinking some sort of grossness between boy and dog, but alas, it left us confused and annoyed that we wasted our 3 dollars at blockbuster.
Chris Schneider
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

One of the best (sickest) post-nuclear nightmare flicks I ever seen. What could be better than a horny teenage Don Johnson walking around the deserts of America with a telepathic dog, helping him get laid? Probably Don's finest moment in acting. I think what would make it worst would be the Moonies running the fall-out shelter instead. I hope my post-nuclear apocolypic life style would be this good.
bob@empiremtgco.comamoslaon
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2004, 02:30:22 PM »

First saw AB & HD many, many years ago.Enjoyed it then, still like it and it has always amazed me that I have never known a woman who liked the movie.
John
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2003, 08:59:40 PM »

Well, contrary to one comment above, the catering on the set was very good.  I was an extra in the movie (the drummer in the marching band) and while it was a lot of fun to make I am still not impressed with it.  I do however, own a copy of the film.  One bit of trivia about the picnic scene, if you look closely some of the people at the picnic are also in the marching band and play two people in the same scene.  No trick photography, after the band scenes were shot, some of my friends put on different clothes and were filmed again.
charpin
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Well, Bob, you have now met the first woman who liked this film.  No, no, no - I LOVED it!  First saw it at a drive-in almost 30 years ago (1975, I think it was), it totally cracked me up. Of course, Don Johnson was major eye candy in those days, which helped, but I have a very twisted sense of humor, too.  My then-boyfriend, now-husband didn't think much of it, but I recently rented it from NetFlix and watched it with our 17-year-old son, who thought it was "weird, but cool." I intend to purchase a copy soon, as I love to watch some of the old cult hits over & over again.
And this one is well worth owning!
Backseater
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Saw it first-run in 1976 and just recently got the DVD.  Hadn't seen it in more then 25 years and it's every bit as good as I remembered.  Quilla is played by Susanne Benton, who had also got nekkid in "That Cold Day in the Park" a few years earlier, but was seldom seen nekkid or otherwise after AB&HD.   Hope she had a good life.  Jason Robards steals the show: "Lack of Respect, Wrong Attitude, Failure to Obey Authority--THE FARM, Immediately!"  I agree it's not exactly a "bad movie," but due to the presence of Don Johnson I won't make a federal case out of it.

Best Wishes.
Bill
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I first saw this movie in the fall of 75, and I really liked it.  Really a different sort of film for the time. But I will always remember it because of experiencing one of the greatest lays in human history that followed. (and someone said women didn't like the movie).
w2xab
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2005, 05:46:36 PM »

A must see for any guy who is sick of watching Chick flicks!
Jon
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

To John, that was the extra in the marching band: Where were the underground sequences filmed? I couldn't tell if it was an actual park and church or if they were filmed on Astroturf sets.

Also, as much as I enjoyed the film, I couldn't quite get the bizare behavior of the underground citizens and what the point ws of the clown makeup, unless it was a protectant of the radiation.
Bob the mutant chicken
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2006, 05:31:35 PM »

This movie is very very very borring and uninteresting film it could of been better.RADIOACTIVE DREAMS was a far better  movie.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  A Boy and His Dog « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.