Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:54:14 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hawk the Slayer « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Hawk the Slayer  (Read 133067 times)
alaska
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2008, 07:23:15 PM »

Cool to see other fans of this movie commenting. Like some, I saw this film a looooong time ago on TV and as a kid it really impressed me. A very obscure film, it has been a challenge to find it on the net, but I did, and very happy for it! Sure it is low budget, there is some cheese, but there is a creative quality to it that still impresses me. But we are the old farts. What do the kids today think? All I can say is that Hawk the Slayer is now a favorite movie of my son (11) who has been inundated with LOTR and loads of other big budget fantasy films. Is it a great film? You bet! If it can still entertain me (isn't that the main point of film) and can capture the kids today with all the low budget effects, it still deserves a measure of respect.

i agree
 the movies of this time did not depend on a lot of hi tec  f/x
 thay depend on a good plot   and a good story witch this movie has  

Mark9567
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2008, 02:23:19 PM »

Wow!  It's fun for me to read this site and all the comments.  Like most of the people here, I love this movie!  Of course it's cheesy, but that's beside the point.  It's fun to watch.  It could be that some of my love for "Hawk the Slayer" is due to nostalgia.  I started playing D&D in the early '80s and this movie reminds me of those days.  I have it on DVD and pop it in once a month at least!  Good times.   Smile
Voltan the Dark One
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2009, 06:37:33 PM »

www.myspace.com/hawkthehunter

This is official! A sequel is in the works in 2009!!

EDIT BY ANDREW: 

The only reference to a sequel that I can find is on that MySpace page.  The domain it references does not resolve, there is not an IMDb page for the movie, and I could not dig up a mention on a few other movie sites that I checked.

So, this does not appear to be true, unless there is other supporting documentation available.

Is this a hoax?  An attempt to attract traffic to the published MySpace page?  Something else?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 09:32:46 PM by Andrew » Logged
chrisb
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2009, 08:58:06 AM »

Here's the film on the production company website: www .jingafilms.com/film_details.asp?film_id=30
Brian
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2010, 11:49:08 PM »

My favorite terrible movie. I love to inflict this on people. Jack played up the hammiest performance he could for what he knew to be a dog of a role. It is embarrassingly painful today just like it was when I saw it new. Glad to see the guy who played Hawk turn up on Lost. The way they reuse footage over and over is a scream. One handed crossbow? And to follow this up with a sequel set up. That took nerve. Ed Wood couldn't have done a better job, or a worse one as the case may be.
Archemondus
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2010, 05:12:13 PM »

You've got to mention the soundtrack. Thanks to the soundtrack, "Hawk the Slayer" is to Sword and Sorcery movies what "Disco Dancer" is to Bollywood.
bmwery
New Visitor

« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2013, 05:12:29 PM »

I used to watch this film a lot when I was a Kid, in fact I used to own it on V2000 (remember those), I absolutely loved it.  I remember the music during the fighting scene, a bit like war of the worlds.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2013, 01:50:13 PM »

I too am an old time gamer and this film fits right in with the D&D settings. It was a neat little film that used to come on tv from time to time. I used to have a VHS copy but that went the way of the dodo. I need a DVD copy.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
rredmond
New Visitor

« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2014, 07:18:46 AM »

Such a fun movie.
I used to have the GIF of Crow leaping over the log and shooting an arrow. The GIF was, of course, continuously repeating - just like in the movie!
Man I wish I can find that GIF again.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2014, 10:25:17 PM »

Isn't this the flick where the dwarf eats a fish by sticking the whole thing in his mouth and pulling out its skeleton? I think I've actually seen this movie. VHS circa 1996, I'm thinking, mebbe? Some high school weekend... What a trip.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hawk the Slayer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.