Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:41:10 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah  (Read 67031 times)
Travis Basemann
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Despite the high budget special effects of this movie, I still prefer the low budget special effects of the 1960's Godzilla movies.  However, this is quite good a movie.  There is some explanation on how both Godzilla and Ghidorah were formed.
Cham
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

One of my favorite Godzilla movies. It has the best plot giving some insight on 'Zilla's origin. Add a cool ending and you got a sure fire winner. I give it a 4.5/5
Georgiann
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2001, 05:15:04 PM »

Besides the original 1950s Godzilla, this and Godzilla vs. Destroyah are my favorites.  The plot is admittedly a little hard to follow, but loved the back-story of the origin of Godzilla, the excellent final Godzilla/Ghidorah battle, and even the time-travel element and that cute Data-like android, M-11.  Good effects and effective creature suits too.  
Mecha-King Ghidorah
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2001, 02:56:16 PM »

Great special effects but sometimes the plot suffers still as a whole one of my favorites of all films Godzilla!
Cant blame the WANG!
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Of this series,this is VERY great remake of the 1st one-but you fans might agree that the ol' Ghidrah flyin in from outerspace IS ALOT more believable than 3 lil dorats(?)mutating into the present-thus left me feeling sorry for Ghidorah's defeat(note the old & new spelling).The innovative intro of MechaGhidrah is an aweinspiration yet a good way to see a girl in control of things..Nevertheless a worthy piece of godzilla film history
brick top
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2002, 07:31:01 PM »

I love when them lil creatures fly out at the crew, when the pilot has a southern accent and when m-11 runs. True cinema gold. no aluminium
yannick
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I think its a bit long before we see Godzilla, the movie is good but the special effects are laughable.

Caloy Vermosa
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2003, 02:37:13 PM »

Godzilla always looks drunk.  I wonder how he was able to either destroy or (in later series) save the world from various creatures.  King Ghidorah rules.  He can kick Godzilla anytime.
Kwan Wilson
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I like this movie alot. I've seen the movie twice. One part I dont get is when the lady from the future thought she could take on a stronger Godzilla. Look, K.Ghidorah got his head shot off by a nuclear godzilla. How does she think she could destroy Godzilla with a K.Ghidorah with a metal middle head. C'mon! His beam blew off K.Ghidorah's  second head.
   Also they would know Godzilla would come back. One thing
he can't drown. And Hell yeah he could survive a slow drop!
philip loth
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2003, 08:48:52 AM »

This Godzilla movie is the best one ever! Would it be cool if Godzilla actually came and fought a multipled headed dragon on Earth?! This movie is my past, present, and future!
Nene Murakami
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2003, 06:47:46 PM »

Like all monster movies, there are excellent crowd panic scenes.  An example is in Fukuoka.  The people are dressed in their best suits and dresses.  The scent of perfume, colognes, shampoo, and powder permeates the air as they flee from Ghidorah.
zombiemike
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I didn't think the plot was hard to follow, although I saw a subtitled version not dubbed so I guess that could of had something to do with it. Probably my second favourite Godzilla film I've seen (I personally really like Godzilla vs The Sea Monster)
Nathanial Meade
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

That had to be the worst unit in the American Armed Forces, did they swim ashore. Now I know alot of things have changed, but didn't the Marines during the second World War still need landing craft. And, did they just leave the dead on the beach? I hope they at least went ashore to get their dog tags.
Todd Shields
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Even thought I found the time travel conundrums (everybody remembers Godzilla even thought he was erased from history by the Futurians) hard to swallow, I think that this was the best of the 90's G-flicks. This is how I like Godzilla, a big mean ass-kicker with an attitude. I also like the twist of King Ghidorah emerging as 'the good guy' at the end. But the joke about Speilberg was stupid. It would have sounded better as "It'll be something to tell your kids about, Speilberg" instead of the way it was said in both the English-dubbed and Japanese versions.
Dad-zilla
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

My 4 year old son got a Godzilla toy from a friend, and called it a dinosaur. I corrected him, then realized he had never heard of Godzilla(gasp, bad parenting, I know...)
So we went to the video store and got the only (Japanese)'Zilla flick on the shelf... Vs. KING GHIDORAH...
Heres what I learned from this movie...
1. 4 year olds ask a LOT of questions
2. Kids,even 4 year olds,can pick out a plot hole a mile away("why did the copters explode? are the pilots dead?")
3. Japanese heli-pilots are expendable
4. My son thinks I'm nuts.
5. Androids can run at 100 miles per hour but only need to swing their arms like power walkers in slow motion.
6. My son thinks Im nuts.

He loved the movie, but I think he felt like OLD PEOPLE like me werent supposed to. Anyway...was a fun movie, and next up for the child...3 stooges(I have been slacking, havnt I?)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.