Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:30:13 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Attack of the Crab Monsters « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Attack of the Crab Monsters  (Read 97308 times)
Tim
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

During my pre-teens in the late 60's, this flick came on several times in East Texas as the afternoon movie. As an adult, I'd say it is a lame movie, but back then it scared the be-jeebers out'a me. Them big eyes (I even hate REAL crab eyes), that echoey voice, and that ominous clicking sound. Watch out for d'em pinchers, man!
Gammera
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I hate this film! When my mom gave me this for my birthday, I was glad. But I never told her how I felt when I wachted it. THIS MOVIE SUCKS!!!!!!!! 3 out of 100,000! The Crabs look dumb, the middle's boring, and the movie ends exactly after the guy sacrifices himself!!!!!!!
invid
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Man, if I saw crab monsters that look that retarded, I think I'd have to eat my own grenades.
night heron
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2004, 09:29:07 PM »

I never saw it but i can remember a realy bad movie ISLAND CLAWS involving giant crabs eating people all they showed was a sceine with a giant crab grabbing someone and the its got what appears to be a tiny little dummy and moves it towards its mouth well you say crustations?
Bert
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I can't believe how many comments this movie got. I thought I was the only one that remembered it. It does stink as far as today's standards go but it sure in hell impressed me when I saw it at the drive-in.
Becky
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2004, 10:23:30 AM »

In my alter ego as CRAB MAN, I quite enjoyed this movie (except for the sad ending). And CRAB MAN did NOT appreciate the excessive and gratuitous crab violence.
firebird
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2004, 12:58:58 PM »

Kind of reminds me of the giant crab in the movie MYSTERIOU ISLAND which they then dump into a volcanic crater and before you can say SHAZAM theres crab chowder for everyone
arapaho48
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is one of my all-time favorites from the Fifties.  I'm old enough to have seen it in the movie theater when it was originally released, and I've watched it dozens of times since -- but I have yet to see any human feet appearing under the crab apparatus, and I've studied each scene carefully.  Somebody help me out?  Give me some kind of reference point where the white sneakers apparently appear?  My impression is that Corman always framed the shots carefully, with something in the foreground masking the very bottom of the crab as it's moving, and yet so many people comment on the feet being visible... Thanks.
Lou
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Watched this movie when I was a kid (Around 1964 ) When KIRO in seattle use to have a movie on saturday call SATURDAY AFTERNOON AT THE MOVIES, where I saw alot of clasic BIG BUG movies, couldn't wait to watch it back then, still watch it when I can.
giant claw
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2005, 07:58:30 PM »

I saw a movie called ISLAND CLAWS i was about giant crags but it looked more like a ordanary sized crab against a small back ground it would grag a hapless victim and chow down kind of awful but they are always trying to do better just look at DINO DeLARINTISES idiotic remake of the classic KING KONG
Dan
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I was about 5 or 6 when I saw this film on television.  Scared the p**s out of me.  For a year afterword, clicking noises made my hair stand on end.  I kept expecting crab monster's to visit Skipper and Gilligan on their island!

I saw a bit of the movie a few years ago. Yes, it is so bad it is actually great. What fun to be scared by rubber claws and third string actors!  
kjw
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie was and is so good that I feel that Roger Corman needs to do an updated version of this film.And out of all of Corman's films,Crab Monsters just happens to be Corman's favorite movie.Since he likes this movie so much,he really needs to update it.Besides with the latest technology,Corman can do alot more with this movie.It can be much more scarier and creepier,and the monsters would no doubt be computerized looking crabs.

If done right this could be even more scarier than the original version of this film.The scene where Mel Welles gets his neck grabbed by the crab was pretty scary for a 1957 movie.And the scene where McLean is under the water and the crab takes his head off is also very creepy for it's time.Can you just imagine this being redone? With all the gore and gut films of today,alot can happen in a newer updated version of this film.Imagine having your stomach's guts removed from a giant man eating crab? Only these newer crabs don't talk or take over their victims personality.These crabs growl like they did in the original as well is in the updated 1988 version of "The Blob".

Only this version of Crab Monsters is to be taken alot more serious than the new Blob of 1988.Blobs are not monsters that growl.They only go over their victims bodies and that's it.I would love to see a newer and updated version of Crab Monsters,but with some blood and guts being taken apart by the crabs.
R. Benzon
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw Attack Of The Crab Monsters for the first time at a drive-in in Topeka in 1957 or 1958.  I was eight years old.  To this day, I can't look a crab in the face...on a dinner plate, on the beach, in an aquarium, wherever.  God, I love this movie.
Lark Logan
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I have seen this film countless times when I was a kid growing up in New York.  There was a program on either channels WOR or WPIX called "Million Dollar Movie," which came on in the middle of the night.  Sometimes I would sneak out of bed to see what was on, and that's when I came across the "mind absorbing monsters."

This afteroon, some friends and I were were talking about cult horror movies and I mentioned "Attack of the Crab Monsters."  One of our friends had never heard of it and the rest of us had a good time telling her about how absurd it was, so much so, that it was entertaining.  This evening, I decided to Google it and found this site.  Thanks for posting the video clips.  It brought back fun memories!
A Leaning
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this movie when I was a kid visiting my grandparents in Douglaston, NY back in the early 60's. It was a late night movie and my brother and I managed to see it because the room we were put in was downstairs and there just happened to be a TV in it. I was maybe 7 years old and it scared the bajezus out of us. We couldn't sleep afterwards. The wife and I were talking about scary movies and my memories of this flick came back. One Yahoo! search and lookie what I found!!! Thanks for the memories!!
I find crab to be pretty darn tasty!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Attack of the Crab Monsters « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.