Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:40:49 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Attack of the Crab Monsters « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Attack of the Crab Monsters  (Read 97309 times)
HorrorofBob
New Visitor

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2011, 08:32:59 AM »

:twirl:Frankly, I found this movie very entertaining as Hank (Russell Johnson of Gilligan's Island Fame) expertly advises his way as a handyman amongst all these klutzy brilliant scientists.  The hot babe almost falls for him before Hank is heroically killed by the crab monsters (which is heroic, Hank or the Cab Monsters, you be the judge).
Scientists of such brilliance keep falling into new holes that weren't in existence the night before.  How can that happen?  The clever, pesky crustaceans keep digging and exploding these holes to pin the scientists onto a smaller island land mass. 
Why?  They want to kill the brilliant crew, assume their total knowledge and proceed to conquer ze vurld.  No, I made that up, they are not German crabs.  Still, they are a rather ambitious bunch (maybe two-three) of crabs.  Overall, it is a load of laughs if not thrills and I watch it every chance I get. BounceGiggle
Arvedon Sucks
New Visitor

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2012, 09:51:45 AM »

David Arvedon played the role of Hoolar The Giant Crab in this movie.  He also played Hoolar The Giant Crab in the recent movie, land of the lost.  He looks like a giant crab.  He is a beached whale.  He is nothing but a big fat ugly whale.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2013, 01:28:11 PM »

As a young un' in the early to mid 70's, I used to see this movie a lot on WNEW 5's Creature Features showcase at 8 PM every Saturday night. Some of you may remember this show, and Lou Steele aka "The Creep" doing little segments in-between the movie. Steele came back briefly to host CF in 1979 in a midnight triple feature that sadly, wasn't enough to save the show when it tanked in 1980.

As owner of this quote in my earlier days here atBadmovies, I'll add a bit more to it.

I too enjoyed this movie, and as a young kid, the human-like eyes on the crab used to scare me because I knew crabs didn't look like that. But now I realize that the reason was because the crab was devouring humans and their intellect, and began showing such features.

Funny, the things you look back on and how they affected you at the time.  BounceGiggle   B-movies are either hit-or-miss, but one things for sure, you never forget some of em'!
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2015, 10:06:09 AM »

Best movie ever! I especially love the crabs. I mean, look at those eyes!

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Attack of the Crab Monsters « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.