Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:19:28 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Lair of the White Worm « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The Lair of the White Worm  (Read 81829 times)
Greg
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2004, 02:07:31 PM »

Man was this one bad.  I will never forgive my cousin for dragging me into this waste of time.  Walked out on this one after 40 horrible minutes....
dvdd
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2004, 01:24:10 AM »

I love this film. I own it on DVD. In college I used to watch it at least 2-3 times a week.
Felicity
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This was a boring movie.  I taped it only because I wanted to watch it with a friend who is a big David Icke fan and see if it could be appreciated on a “British aristocracy are actually reptoids” level.

The setting is relentlessly dismal and bleak and drab.  It essentially qualifies as a small town setting.  The villainess was sexy but completely unlikable.
:)
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

The film was scored by Polish composer Stanislaw Syrewicz and the score was actually released on CD.
Sabrina
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This was a great film.  I like those weird, dark, B-movies.  Hugh Grant was hot, but I've developed a mad crush on all of Scotland!  You can seduce me with your manskirt and bagpipes ANYTIME, Angus!
Emilio Perez Machado
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I NEVER THOUGHT, WHEN I WROTE THE TUNE AND CATTERWALLED IT INTO KEN'S MAGNIFICIENT CINEAMATROPIC CONTRAPTION, THAT IT WOULD ONE DAY CRAWL INTO THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF THE BEAUTIFUL CYBER PEOPLE. I THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!!!
jasmine
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 10:31:55 AM »

I saw this shortly after it was released.  I remember being quite impressed with Hugh Grant as he had a sort of Cary Grant air about him.  I was famililar with all the other cast members as well, so found it an enjoyable movie in a twisted sort of way.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

What I once questioned, I no longer question. If you look at the expression on Kevin's (Pitt's) face, when Lady Sylvia's (Donohoe's) head disappears below camera range, that is the expression of someone receiving their first oral sex from a woman. What is still questionable, is whether she emasculated him or merely bit him.
Total Nut
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I know I have to see this. I actually like Ken Russell, just because he's different. His stuff either works (The Devils, Salome's Last Dance, Altered States, Women in Love) or it doesn't (everything else). But either way it's unique.
Zach
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I remember renting this many moons ago.  Started off slower than Rosie O'Donnell in concrete shoes.  Next thing you know nuns are being raped with spiked dildos.  Where in the hell did that come from?  Admittingly, that was not the most uncomfortable part of the film for me.  It has to be Amanda Donohoe's hairy armpits.  Sadistic sexual attacks on religious women are one thing but bad female grooming habits is where I draw the line in the sand.
chrisb
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 05:48:44 PM »

Ken Russell has left the (Big Brother) house, 7/1/07. I can't believe that nobody in the house asked him about his work (even mention this campy little gem). He's a living genius for pete's sake!
Lando
New Visitor

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 08:19:24 PM »

I cracked up in laughter watcging the "nuns" dream scene... dude, there´s nothing as silly as watching Jesus being nibbed in the neck by a giant, stiff white rubber snake... quack BounceGiggle
amabush
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2007, 03:22:53 PM »

The worst bit is when Hugh Grant dreams that he is on a plane, filling out a crossword, and he toys with his (red) pen in such a way as to suggest his arousal by Amanda D. It is crude in both senses of the word.  And why does Mr Russell have to include nuns in EVERYTHING he does? Usually there are nuns being abused, acting blasphemously etc, etc. I remeber reading an interview with him many years ago in which he said that he had a fantasy of filming "a million naked nuns running through the desert". It takes all sorts, I suppose.
frankie smales
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2007, 01:06:25 PM »

i think that the lair of the white worm by far the sexiest horror movie
i have ever whitnessed especialy amanda donohoe in an sexy black leather outfit and hypnotised

for her provocative scenes where she get hypnotised by hugh grants awful snake music enought to

hypnotise anyone but the bad thing was the both actresses catherine oxenberg and sammie davis's

bad english accents
in the whole it was excellent including the amanda donohoe's black leather hypnotise scenes but

it is an shame you only can get the dvd in the us and japan b however it is one of my fave movie

of alltime an hypnoticaly 20/10
from.frankie smales
(south leeds free press uk)

[

BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007, 02:34:59 PM »

Yeah, Amanda Donohoe was pretty good at hypnotizing people. A hitchhkiking boy scout. The local constable. The village virgin. But not the local lord. He must be made of sterner stuff. LOL!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Lair of the White Worm « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.