Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 15, 2024, 12:20:59 AM
712705 Posts in 53033 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Dungeonmaster « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Dungeonmaster  (Read 51668 times)
Felicity
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

When I saw the listing in TV Guide (remember when TV Guide used to list what was on TV for the whole night?) I thought I was in for a treat--it was made in the mid-1980s and was about a computer programmer and sword-and-sorcery fantasy and an evil wizard played by Richard Moll.

Somehow it managed to be terrible in spite of all this.

When a B-movie can’t even be enjoyable with all that going for it, what hope is there?
radioman970
New Visitor

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 11:36:09 AM »

I have nothing to add just that this looks like some Buck Rogers fun.  Hopefully a DVD of it is in the future.  I want to see it! 
Miriam Boyce
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 11:41:08 AM »

I bought Dungeon Master at a yard sale for $1 or $2.
I like science fiction movies . . .
But I've got to say this movie was pretty bad . . . I've seen worse but I can't remember what! lol
Although the 'hero' of the movie looked great in the blue costume!  BounceGiggle Wink
Radioman970b
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 11:49:08 AM »

I was hoping it would at least be as much fun as Trolls....

Tempted to pick up a used VHS but maybe a DVD will come out sometime.  Trolls 2 has gotten a lot of wom...possibly thanks to the rifftrax that was done for it.  So...maybe there's a little hope there....
Thee Dr.
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 05:47:59 AM »

I've seen some people on this site refer to the band in the band scene as (L.A. punk/HC icons) Black Flag, but it is actually (the more straight heavy metal/shock rock) W.A.S.P., led by the acerbic Blackie Lawless-the song they're doing is 'Tormentor', which I believe is off their second album 'The Last Comand'-don't mean to sound like a know-it-all, I just love this movie and both of the aforementioned bands equally! Smile
ezra
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 07:19:33 PM »

It's kinda weird how it's a mashup of seven directors.
ralphyralph
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 03:29:32 PM »

Yep, couldn't finish it. OMG his freaking computer hacker glasses, the tight ass running shorts, his hot GF jealous over his female computer AI, WASP!!!

It's in that twilight region between so bad it's good and so bad it's bad.
Keir
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 09:56:55 PM »

This one definitely gets 3 drops of slime from me!  I recently picked it up on laserdisc because it deserves to be seen on a 12" hunk of plastic that needs to be flipped over halfway through.  Yes, it is awful but it's also a heck of a lot of fun.  And, you know, W.A.S.P.!
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 08:29:48 AM »

well, what can I say about this piece of... I remember seeing this as a double feature with the Beastmaster when I was 12and I thought it was great, I saw it again afew weeks ago and I could not stop laughing. I think the metal band in this movie is W.A.S.P. but I'm not quite sure.

Yes it was W.A.S.P. and the movie is not half bad.  I really love seeing the Boom mike in the to middle and top right had of the screen.  That was priceless.  This is a movie worth watching if you have some down time and do not mind bad acting, poor continuity and quality.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Pacman000
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 03:57:59 PM »

THIS runs this film every other week, or so it seems.  It's on right now.

Some of the FX are okay.  The models, masks, and puppets have enough detail to be convincing.  The laser blasts need work; they should have used practical lighting in addition to animation. 
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 01:27:31 AM »

Buggedout Buggedout

I saw this early this morning on AMC and I wish I'd read this review before I saw it.

Paul: "I reject your reality and I substitute my own."

I can't remember Adam Savage from Mythbusters being in this.  Wink

Ending Credits - I feel like someone (a very large someone) has been sitting on my head.

That's how I felt at the end.  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Dungeonmaster « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.