Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:33:36 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Destroy All Monsters « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Destroy All Monsters  (Read 75568 times)
Samzilla
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This was one of the first Godzilla movies I ever saw and It just totally rocks, which is quite a surprise for a godzilla film of the showa series which is saying a lot because I am a fan of the more darker  serious heisei series.
The one thing that bugged me though was the fact that there was no explanation to why baby godzilla had not matured at all since "son of godzilla"
Ian Knox
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2002, 06:08:32 PM »

I just bought this moive today and I love it. The best thing about this G film is that there is no stock fotage. So far, this is my second Godzilla moive(my first one was Godzilla 1956). If you love big monsters and one heack of a fight, get this one.
Yuri Rentfro
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2003, 02:01:23 AM »

Pretty cool movie, Lots of Kaiju action. I enjoyed it, but I still think that Ghidrah: The Three-Headed Monster, Was a better movie.
George Bendo, Ph.D.
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I like seeing all of the monsters in this film, but the final fight scene between King Ghidorah and the Earth monsters always stands out in my mind.  First is the lame excuse for introducing King Ghidorah on the side of the aliens: "King Ghidorah is a space monster, so we can control his mind" (or something to that effect).  Second is the poor strategy of the aliens.  Sure, Ghidorah is a kick-ass three-headed monster, but he is no match for ten other monsters his own size (plus an annoying Baby Godzilla (Godzillita?).)  Another alien monster or two (like that one with the buzzsaw in his chest) would have been better, but it was still fun watching Ghidorah getting the tar beaten out of him.
L. Reyes
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This IS & always will be the penultimate Japanese monster (kaiju) ever made! When i first saw this classic back in the 1970's on Saturday afternoon TV in Chicago, i knew from the beginning that you should not consider yourself a kaiju fan unless you see this monster battle royale!

On a lighter note, Gamera still blows...
Nathanial Meade
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Forget that crap like E.T. or Citizen Cane, just find yourself a copy of this movie. Better than all of movies on this list, better than all the movies that have ever come out of Hollywood. Perhaps the greatest form of art in human history!!!

Man, the world needs more classic films like this one!
Todd Shields
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Dr. Bendo's comments echoed my own (which were published a few years ago in a letter to G-FAN) about the Kilaaks' stupidity in sending one monster (King Ghidorah) against ten Earth monsters when, as proven in GHIDRAH THE THREE HEADED MONSTER, three could kick his twin ass.
Still, DESTROY ALL MONSTERS is a fun movie to watch, despite the fact that it didn't put the other monsters to better use. Kumonga and Mothra only spit webbing on Ghidorah's corpse, Minya only blew smoke rings at the tri-beast and the rest just watched from the sidelines as Godzilla, Angilas* and Gorosaurus did all the fighting.
Oh well, at least it was better than the G-flicks that followed it.
* I used to date a chick named Ann gillis.
Austin
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I've been downing most of the movies I've commented on so far, but this one is different.  As ridiculously stupid as all of the Godzilla movies are, this one was probably the best.  When I was a kid, I loved watching the monsters fight.  I'm not sure that I'd enjoy it now as much as I did then, but I still have to salute this one.  A gem among Godzilla movies (that's not saying much, but hey...I give it credit).
Samzilla
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Oh I almost forgot... I just loved the gorosaurus scenes. I was so dissapointed when he was killed in "King kong escapes" but when I saw him on the opening sequence of DOM
I was like "Now where have I seen that T.Rex before? Why... No... It cant be?!?"
firebird
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2004, 08:46:06 AM »

Wow what a team huh? all them monsters battling to keep ghidra and those evil aleins from taking over the universe or at least the earth but since he was out numbered ghidra had no chance gets his butt kicked
mike52t
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2004, 08:45:34 AM »

At least Rhodan was seen consuming Tuna-free dolphin.
WitchKing
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Silly beyond belief, but still a rollicking Monster Grudge Match.  Sadly, the quality of the series seemed to take a pretty standard downturn during the 70's.  The cityscape miniatures are astoundingly elaborate and the glittery body-suited Amazon aliens are a kick.  The plot is pointlessly elaborate much like "Monster Zero".  Why not just unleash Ghidorah and the flaming spacecraft upon the world instead of rallying the other turncoat monsters?  This is nitpicking, since logic was never terribly important in any of these movies, but why were Baragon and Varan even included at all?  They register so little screen time and just seem to vanish during the big pay off.  Manda doesn't get much action either.    All in all, "Destroy All Monsters!" is a double-edged sword.  It is wild and raucous, but the monsters' reputations as figures of harmless fun were sealed with this film.  
Mark Radburn
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Destroy All Monsters is the Greatest Godzilla movie ever and it's 10 times better than Star Wars. All the monster battles were amazing and the Destruction scenes will blow you away. Destroy All Monsters will blow you away with it's great special effects and Giant monsters again and again.
giant claw
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2005, 01:42:50 PM »

Nothing like a battle royal between all those monsters to keep things going what action what pose and ghidra out numbered 10 to 1 and even with three heads ghidra gets his butt kicked
IT
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

One of the worst Godzilla movies ever made.Where the hell was BARAGON and VARAN and MANDA when GHIDRAH was getting his butt kicked out getting a beer or something.Buy MONSTER ZERO that was to me the best godzilla movie from the 60's.Avoid this crap.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Destroy All Monsters « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.