Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:58:41 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Action Jackson « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Action Jackson  (Read 22169 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: March 06, 2008, 04:44:05 PM »

Reader review by Ted C.  Carl Weathers is "Action" Jackson, a cop with a chip on his shoulder and Vanity (the singer, not the personality trait) in his pocket.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 07:28:37 AM »

Haven't seen this in years.  Reading the review I almost thought it was a somewhat "serious" movie.  Then I looked at the pictures and that video clip:  Oh yeah, cheese fest!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
BTM

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 12:10:28 AM »

Oh man, I remember some details of this film... not many, but some of the witty lines.  I'll sound like a perv but one thing I remember is a scene where this girl is telling this guy all the things he said he'd do for her, and he goes, "Give me two good reasons why I'd say something like that?"  And she promptly pulls down her top.

Funny, the things that stick in your mind...

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Justin
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 11:44:09 AM »

Oh, I love this movie, another action classic.
Since its 20 years old now, I'd love to see a Special Edition of it released this year, with commentary from Carl Weather, Craig T. Nelson & the director.  Thumbup

Plus, you can never go wrong with a young & naked Sharon Stone.  Wink
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 02:28:38 PM »

I should have remembered to give this bad boy a slime rating.  I'd say it deserves a four for its awesome cheesiness and better than average production values, and casting Craig T. Nelson as the villain was a stroke of genius.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 04:22:41 PM »

I should have remembered to give this bad boy a slime rating.  I'd say it deserves a four for its awesome cheesiness and better than average production values, and casting Craig T. Nelson as the villain was a stroke of genius.

Quite easily updated.  He was quite a good villain, wasn't he?  However, Carl Weathers performance as Action Jackson has to be why I love the movie.  He always seems stressed, but in control.  Plus he plays a very good, "I am upset with how unfair this is" part.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Tiffany
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 02:06:59 AM »

Let's not forget the best scene in the whole flick.. Bad guy in the taxi charging at Carl Weathers, Weathers of course egging him on to "Come on and hit me !!!, I know you killed Tony" .. As the baddydriver floors it towards Weathers, he miraculously does a full on front flip over the entire car, resulting in the driver crashing it. Our hero lands safely on the other side.. I must have rewinded that scene over a million times in sheer amazement.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 03:10:28 AM »

Captain: "You almost tore that boy's arm off!!"
AJ: "So? He had a spare."  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Action Jackson « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.