Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:57:41 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Mortal Kombat: Annihiliation « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mortal Kombat: Annihiliation  (Read 38132 times)
I LUV DOLMA
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 03:28:48 PM »

The first Mortal Kombat is actually my favorite movie based off any video game. And then we get this. They weren't even able to bring back all the original actors from the previous film. So right there you know it is going to suck. And besides, the special effects were just insanely stupid. It was so bad that I had to fast forward till the very end.
justin
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 06:02:50 PM »

I really enjoyed the first Mortal Kombat but yeah, this sequel is just agony.   Buggedout

I will admit that I have the soundtrack to both movies. Its sort of rare when a soundtrack is the best thing about a movie.   Thumbup
Kitten_Pie
New Visitor

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 02:46:27 PM »

Wow! Dexter's dad is Rayden!!

If my father was the Lord Peter Pan the Purple Vegan I could see being a sociopath too...

When shooting wrapped, they beat up some homeless people, made some kitten pies and fed them to orphans...
DavidFullam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 05:32:37 PM »

Gotta admit that the up the armpit shot of Purple Rayden is freaking me out, Andrew! More sexy babes next time and less Peter Pan!  Wink
ShifterCat
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 04:31:58 PM »

The first Mortal Kombat was one of those films that aims for a solid B and makes it. Silly fun. Also: shirtless Robin Shou. Ohhh yeah!

When this one was showing on TV, the first thing I noticed was that they made Liu Kang wear a vest. What's the point of casting Robin Shou if he's not bare-chested?
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 12:47:37 PM »

I am a 90's child, so I cannot COMPLETELY hate this movie, though I do know that it sucks major genitalia. That being said, we gotta admit, the first Mortal Kombat is probably THE best video game-to-movie adaption, live action anyway. 
TooManyCustomers
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 10:44:52 AM »

Ha!! this was a sure stinker.. my friends and I caught it at the dollar theatre (where it debuted) when it opened..  I got about 2 mins into the movie before telling the guys "I'm getting a really bad 'Beastmaster 2' out of this...   We ripped on this movie the whole way through, to the point there was one redneck yelling at us to shut up.. 

the best part though... once the travesty was over and we were leaving the theatre, my friend started coughing, then wheezing, shaking and shivering, he collapsed onto one of the benchs and started hyperventilating..., then after winding it up for about 30 seconds he cries out, "That.. movie.. SUUUUUCKKEEED!"

Half of the lobby just lost their minds.. there were even a couple of girls on the floor they were laughing so hard..  Good times..  Twirling
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 01:18:51 AM »

This movie is awful and is easily one of the worst sequals ever. Virtually the entire cast from the first movie was replaced. A good chunk of the characters are never introduced before they start fighting each other. Additionally, Shao Kahn and Raiden are never brothers in any of the games and they are in this movie.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
CalrissianFoxxSteele
Dedicated Viewer

God

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 12:10:33 AM »

Too bad....-you.....will die!

“I’m gonna live a rockstar life. Money, b***hes, and fame. Because my mommy said I can do anything I put my mind to.”
Jim H

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 05:36:30 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIt0VY7Yg2w

It's a godawful movie, made worse by the first film actually being reasonably entertaining.
CalrissianFoxxSteele
Dedicated Viewer

God

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 02:13:56 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIt0VY7Yg2w

It's a godawful movie, made worse by the first film actually being reasonably entertaining.

Well they just tried to cram as many characters as possible and half of them died almost instantly or just disappeared never to be heard from again. Funny thing is I think the budget was bigger...but it did not look like it.

“I’m gonna live a rockstar life. Money, b***hes, and fame. Because my mommy said I can do anything I put my mind to.”
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2013, 07:36:56 PM »

I bought the first film on blu ray because the filmmakers and actors looked like they kinda knew that they were in a bad movie and had fun with it. This one, it looks like they tried to make a good movie out of some 10-year-old kid's script, with a lot of no-name actors who acted like "hey, I'm in a movie! Check me out!" Alongside Robin Shou, Ajax from The Warriors, and the axe-wielding bad guy from Cobra who looked like they were doing this film because they were behind on mortgage payments and needed the paycheck.

Note the irony: Play the latest Mortal Kombat video game on Playstation 3 or the XBox 360, and marvel at the fact that the story mode plot in that game is vastly superior to both of these horrible movies combined!  Buggedout

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Mortal Kombat: Annihiliation « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.