Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:02:52 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Fist of the North Star « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Fist of the North Star  (Read 112570 times)
tyler
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I've seen this movie numerous time and everytime I see something new and wonderful. Whether it be when Ray stands up holding a vail and the wind starts to blow and when he sits down the wind stops. or just the utter hilarity of the scene when that giant, who's army fights Raoh, turns himself to steel and then claims he doesn't believe in magic. Then there's just the plethora of ridiculous lines and cheasy grusome humor. And of course you have to appreciate that scene when Ken gets off of that table and it explodes, disaparing into thin air and then he smashes through that door and it completely dissapates. And Then, in that scene when bat and lynn are being chased by those guys on motorcycles, does anyone notice the animation slowing down drastcally and the men on the bikes go down those stairs? This movie is hilarious. I recommend it to anyone get kicks out of sucky artwork and terrible animation
tj
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I immensely agree my dear sir. The animation is of the lowest quality. The translation is simply amazing. Especially when Ray says "Ray is me." What a perfect translation. The fact that when Bat and Lynn are being chased by some villians and clouds of dust pour out from behind their car despite the fact that they are on a highway. Be it from characters who change in size throughout the movie (example: When Ken is fighting Zed, I believe that is his name, and the fellow is about twice his size. Then, when Ken knocks him to the ground, he slowly rises up, and his head is about as large as Ken's whole body.) As Tyler has mentioned, the beauty of the veil scene. A motionless desert, but when Ray stands, dramatic winds blow against his body. Yet Ken is not affected by this wind.

Plot Summary:
Ken goes on a quest to find Julia from his old friend Shin. Along the way, he encounters many foes, of all which die by their head exploding. From powerful enemies who tower above him (yet when they die there is no remains despite the fact they are shown blowing up and blood gushing everywhere) to young children (one who has the ability to grow ugly plants.) This film is truly a tear jerker (trust me, you will laugh that hard.) And be in store for a 'twist' ending.

Animation:
A swear, this is some of the worst I have ever seen in my life. Jackets flash different colors randomly. Not just a quick change of color but a continuous change for as long as a whole scene.
I cannot describe this monstrosity. It's so bad it's good. A must see.
Zach
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I remember renting this at a local blockbuster in the early '90's. Though I wasn't new to anime, Fist of the North Star blew me away.  To this day I've been searching for this on DVD to no avail.  Everything about this story was awesome. The fights. The deaths.  Julia's lack of pubic hair.  I was also a huge fan of the manga witch was a retelling of the story.  Just recently I was in blockbuster again and what do I find?  The new Fist of the North Star which picks up where the first left off.  How this can be considered a bad movie is beyond me!  If you like boring, s**tty anime rent Harmegeddon. By the way, the HBO version of Fist of the North Star IS the biggest piece of s**t on earth.  That's what I thought this site was referring to.  Beware the man with seven scars!
mapatric
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

So my friend tells me this is one of the 'must see' animes of all time when I ask him what some good ones are, so I find a copy of this...thing... and manage to force myself to watch it all, although I did have to take a few 15-20 minute breaks to get me all the way through.  After I recover, I ask him why he would be so cruel as to decieve me in to watching this and to my shock I discover he actually believes it is a masterpiece of animated glory.

In short, wtf?

I mean, are people exploding all thats needed to go down in anime history? s**t I'm in the wrong business.  I'll go draw up some stick figures with their heads exploding and sit back waiting to collect my profit.  No need to bother with dialouge , animation, or a plot.  If this movie is as popular as it seems to be they can't be that important.
MC Chemistry
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I can say only one word: great. Fist of the North Star is the greatest anime that was made. It's not only the violence and the blood that makes it so good. You have a clear and simple plot that can everybody understand, but it's not negative that  it's so simple. The story is an utopia of a near future that could everyone imagine, world was devasted by a nuclear holocaust, this is not an impossible scenario. I mean there are a lot of films with easy stories, think about Star Wars, Alien and so on. No one would say these are terrible and boring films.

And there is another fact that makes the movie so unique. It's the langugage. There are so many cool verdicts that are legendary. I don't know about the original one, which is in Japanese of course, but I think it's great too. I'm a big fan of this anime and I can only advise you to watch it. It's a legend.
Southern Cross
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Absolutely one of the greatest movies of all time.  Probably one of the only animation movies on this list.  If you like, or respect in any way, japanese animation then you have to see this all time classic.  

After this movie was released in Japan there was literally an enormous public outry because this movie was marketed toward young children.  And we all thought that disney had its bad moments...
Intangible Skeleton
Dedicated Viewer

Rip your flesh.

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2007, 09:02:14 AM »

I've only seen the Japanese version of this movie all the way through (along with the TV series and manga), but I've seen enough and know enough of this one to realise the hilarity of some of the dubbing in it. I mean, the Japanese version is comical simply because of the subject matter, but when you add terrible dubbing to that you get 100% more laughs. I especially like "Say your goodbyes lardass, coz you're already dead." and Raoh telling Rei that death is like a fine wine which must be savoured: "You smell that, Rei? That's the smell of death!"

As for people saying this has terrible animation, I don't know what you're talking about. I think it's excellently animated and very detailed (unlike the TV series), however it is inconsitant, if that's what you're talking about: Zeed grows fifty feet for no apparent reason. But that's anime for ya!

Red Mystic Ninja
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2008, 05:29:43 PM »

I have Watching Fist of the North Star, Then I Read Graphic Novel Manga. my Former Best Friend Has VHS in UK. I am Biggest Fan of Anime.
Tom
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2008, 09:56:40 AM »

Hey man, I liked your review and I think you should do one of the live action Fist of the North Star movie, that is if you have seen it. Thanks for reading.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2008, 11:11:31 AM »

Hey man, I liked your review and I think you should do one of the live action Fist of the North Star movie, that is if you have seen it. Thanks for reading.

I do have the live action film in my collection, and will review it sooner or later.  Have actually held it in my hands a few times, ready to take it to the DVD player and start a review, but I've always stopped myself and looked for something less painful.  Not a good movie. 

Of course, to do "Fist of the North Star" right as a live action film you would need gallons of stage blood and lots of fake body parts flying everywhere.  In other words: quite a bit of SFX money and talent.  I don't think the people who made the live action version had much of either.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Tom
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2008, 03:06:58 AM »

True.
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2008, 02:54:49 PM »

I do have the live action film in my collection, and will review it sooner or later.  Have actually held it in my hands a few times, ready to take it to the DVD player and start a review, but I've always stopped myself and looked for something less painful.  Not a good movie. 

Good on yer, andrew. There's something just that much more depressing about an awful movie which was based on something awesome, isn't there!
Tsukasamacleod
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2008, 03:38:49 AM »

Fist of the North Star is probably the greatest Anime series ever (It was a TV show first.) If you wanna review a REALLY bad movie Andrew.... There's a live action Fist of the North Star movie.
j.oiles.s
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2009, 01:16:11 PM »

This movie is awful. As it turns out it's awful dubbed, it's awful in Japanese, and it's just awful to watch. I say many of the same things about Akira and people point and scream "HERETIC!" those times too. Bah. I hate the GIGANTIC SHOULDERS + 84 PACK STOMACH + TINY HEAD art style. Also, Ray's "fighting style" may be extremely deadly, but he still looks silly doing it. Consider for a moment what exactly it looked like - a very large, peculiar-looking muscle-bound man delicately flailing his hands about, occasionally doing what appears to be a leaping breast stroke, and oh-so-powerfully flicking his fingers (with bent wrists) at his opponents. Yeah. Just like that.
Intangible Skeleton
Dedicated Viewer

Rip your flesh.

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2009, 08:07:06 PM »

And if you've read the manga or seen the anime, you'll know that Rei's rival, Yuda, is an even more effeminate man, who looks like a cross between Boy George and a metric tonne of steroids.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Fist of the North Star « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.