Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:40:16 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dawn of the Dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Dawn of the Dead  (Read 91784 times)
Scuzzbopper
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

*SIGH*  Now, I'm a big fan of the living dead.  I loved this movie... what there was I could watch.  5 video stores in my town, and they all had Dawn of the Dead, and they all apparently had their copies made from the same bad tape.  Each time I rented it from a different location, the video turned to snow on me about 10-12 minutes RIGHT BEFORE THE END!!!!! AARRRRRRRRRRRAGGGGGH!!!!
Bizz
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

THis is one of the true horror masterpieces of the late 20th century. Zombi 2 was the original title of Fulci's film and it is not superior.  It is an unofficial sequel to Dawn(read:rip off).  Fulci merely had gore. Gore is the least impressive aspect of Dawn. It is about the story and the mood. I can't go to a mall without visions of Zombies dancin' through my head. By the by, I don't think this is a bad movie. Just Genre.
Pierre-Louis Prégent
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2001, 07:54:27 PM »

This is a good movie...I understand why it is in this site though...What I can say is that this site rocks!!!!
Josh
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2001, 08:32:08 PM »

Without a doubt one of the very best in zombie flicks.  I thought the idea of being housed in a mall with free roaming zombies was really good.  The intro was awesome too!  You just gotta love watching heads blow into little bitty pieces.
jmc
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I liked this movie a lot when I was younger.  It's still a favorite, but I am able to see weaknesses now that I couldn't back then.  Too long and the "social commentary" is awkward and belaboring.  The original NIGHT and MARTIN are better films, but this is still a good one.  Personally, I think the dead series should have ended here.  

I like a lot of the imitators that came after it, but the people making those movies had a different motivation and it shows.  Thought I think he's clumsy at it, I do respect Romero for attempting to put a "message" into a genre that rarely has room for such things.  However, if I were to see the 90 minute Argento "fast" version I think I'd probably like that better.  
ruokwitdat
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2001, 08:11:07 AM »

I remember seeing this movie when I was 4 or 5 years old, I was at my friends house and the adults were watching it and I peeked in and saw a biker getting his guts ripped out and being eatin alive! Maybe this is why im so disturbed now.....By the way I own it now.
Fritz
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Spot on review. The alternate 'bad ending' has become my Moby Dick, along with the rasberry swirl 12inch copy of Nirvana's Bleach !!
franky
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

The movie is gory but way to long, and where did all these zombies come from thats what kills me in these movies they are just their,,,, they just pop up?????

For the year it was made its far better then all the other horror movies that i have seen,, the special effects are great to.
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw DotD when I was 12 (I think) and was simply blown away.  THis was the horror film I'd been looking for all my life, one that definitely lived up to its hype.  Well, years later I must say it stands up to the test of time (the special effects are near-impossible to top), although I've pretty much moved on to foreign horror and have more of an appreciation for that at the moment.  DotD fans would be wise to check out Anchor Bay's remastered editions of 'Zombie' and 'Let Sleeping Corpses Lie.'
John Lindsey
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One of the best Horror movies i've seen in my life alongside
" Night of the Living Dead", " Day of the Dead", " The Evil Dead", " Evil Dead 2", " Army of Darkness", " Dead Alive",  "Psycho", " Scream" and " Scanners". This well deserves to be a unforgettable and entertaining event of horror ever known, it still scares the daylights out of the viewers. i wouldn't know that this was a Gore feast, but this is actully just splatter, only " Day of the Dead" was a traumatising Gore Feast. Still all three movies are Great in my opinion
Chris
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I just saw it last year the year before and it's great film like the first one. I saw for first time on The Movie Channel and then Showtime. I really like the ending because the black guy Peter don't die this time around. And for you trivia buffs that's Ken Foree B-movies all time hero like in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 and ect. he is also on that show with the two guys for All That on Nick.
Zach
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

One of my top 5 favorite movies. The Greatest Zombie Movie of all time. It's a classic. My favorite character is Peter. He's a bad ass hero. He's like Shaft
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I like this movie.It's a little slow,but still very good.But martin is Romero's masterpiece
Steven Millan
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Forget about the ever dreaded,Richard Rubinstein-backed
upcoming remake(!?!),and Romero's recently released revenge
-themed crapola dud "Bruiser"(another revenge-themed genre
flick!?Doesn't anyone have a f'ing original concept anymore!?),for this is the ultimate horror epic that not only ushered in a new era in nonstop splattery gore,but showed that the horror genre can both make a thoughtful social commentary(the mall is where you can purchase anything to live your dreams)and treat the title monsters(the Zombies ala the Living Dead)in both a comical and respectable way.Massive high kudos to both George Romero and
makeup FX maestro Tom Savini for paving the way to keep the
horror genre endlessly moving on for the next oncoming centries....Viva "Dawn of the Dead"!
Super Saiyan Goku
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2001, 06:36:23 PM »

Youre right, Roger does look like the Grinch! I bet Dr. Sues wasnt pleased.(P.s. if youre wondering,im the same super saiyan goku on some of the other reviews you did)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dawn of the Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.