Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:06:23 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Terror of Mechagodzilla « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Terror of Mechagodzilla  (Read 43993 times)
WitchKing
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

A mixed bag.  Titanosaurus is unusual-looking but lacks much screen presence, while Godzilla just seems shoehorned into the plot.  Mechagodzilla registers much better than either of them and the Android daughter as the metal behemoth's trigger mechanism is intriguing.  Overall, it just lacks the sheer verve and wonder of "Ghidorah-- The 3 Headed Monster" or "Godzilla Vs. Mothra".  Big G. and his cohorts just seemed to run out of steam after "Destroy All Monsters!" in my opinion.
Mark Radburn
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is the best Godzilla Movie ever since Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla (1974) the battle scenes were great and Titanosaurus is Godzilla's amazing foe. Godzilla had one hell of a time battling two monsters on his own.
George
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

With grape and plum jelly being my favorite,that said for jelly we immediately go to Terror of Mechagodzilla,the last original showa movie for Godzilla,it seems back in this time,the glory days of Creature Feature,that monsters could never die,they always came back,and it's been proven time and time again with Godzilla, Gamera, Mothra, Rodan, Gaos, King Ghdriah ect.,and for the umpteen time our planet is under siege by spacemen needing Earth,they used Mechagodzilla before but somehow Godzilla called upon heretofore unknown powers to defeat his machanical counterpart,but try try again,and so they have,with the help of an embittered Dr.Mafunie and his daughter,(who the spacemen saved after she died)Katsoura,(makes you wonder if they planned the whole thing in the first place?),and there remote controlled Titanasaurus they set out to try try again,Godzilla and the Earthpeople will fight this to the bitter end,watch as Mechagodzilla and Titanasaurus almost raise Tokyo!,see Godzilla fight aginst his michanical counterpart again!,can Godzilla withstand Titanasauruses Tail of Hurricane force winds?!,will Insanusie and Katsoura find true love admits all this,or will she have to do something to stop Mechagodzilla!?.You know way back when this movie movie came out there were clips of Godzillas past battles and narration,and the part where it showed what the spacemen really looked like and Katsoura doing the only thing that will stop Mechagodzilla,thoes sceens have been completely taken out of the current re-release of this movie,fortunately I videotaped this movie many years ago off TV and have all these missing sceens,proving once again that as time passes some people forget,and make changes that none of like,but they figure who'll remember,well I suppose if not for people like me and you the monsters could of come and went,but there are people like me and you,so we haven't,now if only someone can find these sceens from the original American release and piece them into this current release of Terror of Mechagodzilla,well maybe somewhere out there someone might stumble onto a copy of that original UPA Release of this movie and make it available on DVD.
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 06:19:01 PM »

The recent review of the 70s king kong remake invariably lef me back to Godzilla.

I picked this one up on vhs for a buck a while back, and though it has everything that made the ones before it so laughable, I also remember it from a tv marathon. It wasn't my first, but it was the first to suggest how cool the giant monsters could be (could have been?) with more dramatic scoring and effects.

Knowing that there is a longer, more violent version out there gives me a new mission in life  TeddyR

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Tsukasa Macleod
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 08:38:23 PM »

Not my favorite Godzilla. I found Titanosaurus a bit silly. Then again, almost all the showa era Kaiju were (Except King Ghidorah.) Then again, I'm a Gamera fan, so I might be a bit biased. In short, It wasn't as bad as Godzilla vs Megalon. But worse than Quite a lot of other Godzilla films.
Jon
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 09:40:43 AM »

Worst editing ive ever seen in a movie but its probobly my second favorite over G vs. M Zero.
There where alot of "where the hell did that/they come from?" moments

it has the best battles i remember in a G flick. Godzilla goes completely ape, but they're so short. The first fight with titanosaurus has an utterly epic build up and then it just switches back to the humans before it even really starts.

hopefully this new DVD release thats coming out will have the original cut.
George
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 06:57:43 PM »

You would not believe this,but Sony Classics finally got the message!.
They finally released Terror of Mechagodzilla,the same as we used to see on TV along time ago!.
Almost exactly like my mine but with a little bit more added scenes that even surprised me,still all and all this is the way it should of been released to start out with.
It begins with a fullscreen Godzilla origin with narration and then goes to letterbox,but no matter,because it is the real Terror of Mechagodzilla.
Yes it has has everything I have,plus a bit more,however they don't the one thing I do,and that is the TNT Monstervision Godzilla song.
Now if only Media Blasters could release the AIP and RKO General versions of Atragon and The Mysterains.
Chris Conley
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 04:11:57 PM »

has been released by classic media part of their godzilla master collection last one presents this film in two versions the orginal japanese version widescreen on dvd uncut and the uncut widescreen english language version of the film with added prologue at the beginning which makes it longer than the japanese version. uncut version includes all violence in it as well  as a nipple slip by katsura during the final part also has scene with kids getting crushed by titanorsaurs during the finale and not being saved by godzilla!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Terror of Mechagodzilla « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.