Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:06:02 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Infra-Man « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Infra-Man  (Read 55222 times)
Todd Shields
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Even thought the SPFX are worst than those in TERROR OF MECHAGODZILLA (which was released in Japan at the same time this one was released in Hong Kong), this Ultraman/Kamen Rider rip off is better than the last classic G-flick (and better than GODZILLA 1985, for that matter).
INFRAMAN (who looks like Ultraman's gay cousin) was a lot more fun than the above mentioned 'serious' G-flicks (see my comments for TERROR OF MG...if you dare), especially after smokeing something illegal.
Andy
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is amazing. I remeber the USA network playing this one along with some great Kung Fu and Gamera flicks.

If anyone's looking for a widescreen subtitled copy drop me a line, I can point you in the right direction.
Joseph Ulibas
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Infra-Man a.k.a. Chinese Superman was supposed to be the Shaw Brothers answer to the Ultra-Man series.  Shot in Shawscope (panavision) and using the unique interior sets
located on the Shaw Studios warehouses, Infra-man was filmed.  Danny Lee (The Killer) was a rising star within the Shaw Brothers studio system.  Along with Mighty Peking Man, these films were going to make him an international superstar (that did not come until fifteen years later).  The story is about scientist awaking a dormant alien spacecraft.
The Space Dragon Queen and her skelton army come from the fourth dimension to claim the space craft and enslave humanity.  Her alien friends also want to dine on the non-human slaves as well.

A scientist is working on a body armor that'll turn anyone into a super strong human with great powers.  Danny Lee is chosen to wear the army because he's such a bad dude with remarkable fighting skills.  Can he save earth from these bizarre aliens?

Another one of those fun fantasy movies where all the actors seem to be having fun.  The vibrant technicolor that the Shaw Brothers like using is utilize to it's fullest.  This movie has to be seen in shawscope because the director uses every square of frame.  The kinectic action scenes were directed by the co-action director of Way of the Dragon (a.k.a. Return of the Dragon). I love Shaw brothers movies and they've finally been digitally remasted and in mandarin (with english subs). I advise you to seek it out.  You wont regret it.  Finally Infra-Man is availible uncut!!
Kaijuman
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I love this movie!

I think my favorite scene is when they "brainwash" the scientist and say"Now you will swear that you belong to the princess." and then the brainwashed scientist says"I swear I will do what ever she says."... uhh Mr Scientist thats NOT what they asked.
bildungersmen
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2006, 03:52:18 PM »

Too...many...stock...sound effects..
IT
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 03:39:56 PM »

One of the funniest movies ever.I dont know why they never made a sequel to it. Princess Dragon Mom rules.
Zack
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Probably the single most influential piece of terrible cinema to affect my young life.  

It is the craziest, off the wall, technicolor, shadowramma, son of funkenstein piece of madness EVER.

period.

I defy anyone to challenge the simultaneous greatness and horror that is "The Super Inframan"!!!

and btw:  why is he excited about getting "Thunderbolt fists"?  He doesn't even know what they are...greedy little...
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 10:46:04 PM »

As you can probably tell this one is a favorite. Be sure and pick up the offical version on DVD it has the original Chinese audio with subtitles and the English track.  Thumbup
Xenorama
Dedicated Viewer

define "bad", please

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 03:48:46 PM »

i agree, the DVD is really well done.  too bad Brenner seems to have become a bit mental about the movie, and they couldn't use any of the US trailers or promotional material.  still, it's just an awesome movie.

David
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 12:38:11 PM by Xenorama » Logged

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." ~ Alfred Hitchcock
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama Message Board
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2007, 09:32:34 AM »

i agree, the DVD is really well done.  too bad Brenner seems to have become a bit mental about the movie, and they couldn't use any of the US trailers or promotional material.  still, it's just an awesome movie.

David
Ah, nothing like classic cheese!
This is full goose bozo. Best watched with beer and an MST rated crowd.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
vanightwolf
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2008, 12:00:18 PM »

Most of the standard information concerning the villains of 'Infra-Man' comes from the original Goodtimes Home Video VHS, and is somewhat misleading. The Goodtimes copy apparently padded out the original opening credits with brief film-snippets of the various "Sci-Fi Monsters" as they designated them. Princess Dragon Mom is designated "Wicked Dragon Mom" in these added credits, and her reptilian alter-ego is separately designated as the "Giant Flying Lizard" (although in the film, it is obvious this "Flying Lizard" is simply the Princess in her "battle form"). Except for She-Demon and Nemesis, none of the mutants are referred to by name in the movie -- Nemesis, by the way, being the actual name for "The Driller Beast". She-Demon is not even listed among the adversaries in the Goodtimes added credits, although she clearly is a monster, too. "The Octopus Mutant" is actually a MONSTROUS PLANT, not some cephalopod; why else would he become an enormous VINE when he plants himself? And the "Giant Beetle Monster" is actually a SPIDER; not only does he have web-designs all over him, but he even envelopes some of the good guys in globs of webbing.

Stiill ... 'Infra-Man' still ROCKS.

And one more thing: because 'The Six Million Dollar Man' and 'The Bionic Woman' were big hits on television during the film's initial release, 'Infra-Man' was originally billed as -- THE MAN BEYOND BIONICS!

Well, sort of ...
Smokin' Jo
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2010, 11:04:19 PM »

Just to let you all know...I saw this movie in the theatre when it came out. I'm sure it was a sunny, summer Saturday afternoon. And after the show and for a week later I was Infra-Man Kung-Fu kicking my friends at school and giving them a dose of my Thunderbolt Fists.
I have always thought of this movie from time to time over the years. I plan to get a copy so I can show it to my son. Thanks for the memory.
Steve
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2010, 01:43:25 AM »

I saw this movie as a kid at the drive in as a double feature with the Exorist
The Teletubby
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 07:54:03 PM »

In the clip the film was kind of a bad quality... is that just the recording or is the entire movie like that?
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2010, 08:03:12 AM »

In the clip the film was kind of a bad quality... is that just the recording or is the entire movie like that?

I wrote the review and caught the clip many years ago.  The movie was on VHS, and it was an original (not a copy), but I remember the quality was poor.  There is a DVD available now that has very good sound and picture quality, so don't let that deter you.  This film is a whole lot of silly kung-fu and monsters action fun.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Infra-Man « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.