Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:42:21 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Megaforce « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Megaforce  (Read 74033 times)
Sandbagger
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2008, 12:38:39 PM »

I too say this flik when it came out in '82. I actually say it with my family the night befor I shipped out for basic training at Ft.Jackson. It was silly and kitchey,and thats why we say it. The origional commercials for it described the film as the next generation of superhero movie. Believe it or not, Leatherneck magazine did an article on the film, and described how a california marine reserve unit assisted on the ground, providing tanks and wheeled vehicles.Now I'm going to have to track down the video for my collection of kitchy 80's movies/ TeddyR
sandbagger
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2008, 12:51:42 PM »

I don't even know where to begin praising Megaforce.  This may be the best 80's movie ever.  Incidentally, how does one 'volunteer' for a super-secret military agency?  Who do you send the resume to?
They recruit you,didn't you know that? TeddyR
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2008, 11:48:37 PM »

Appanretly a Dutch Region 2 DVD of Megaforce was release a little while back in Holland.   It was anamorphic widescreen apparently but it's out of print now.

I finally managed to find a seller online that was selling an import DVD of it that is an open matte transfer from a Japanese laserdisc.  It's supposed to look better than the VHS copy.  I'm just glad to be getting the movie in some form again. My VHS copy of it broke a good while back.   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Phaux The Fox
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2009, 12:50:42 AM »

HURRAY FOR HOT WHEELS!!!
Torgo

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2009, 03:13:07 AM »

Talk about a great movie tagline for everyone to live their lives by :   DEEDS NOT WORDS!

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Flangepart

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2009, 05:41:23 PM »

Gotta say, hard for me to watch this alone. I feel the need to share my pain...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
KlagTerrow
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2009, 12:05:41 AM »

The hanger scene during the tour of the Megaforce facility was filmed in a hanger at Edwards Air Force Base, I was stationed there when this was being filmed.  They painted one of our F-111 aircraft black, and in that scene Persis Khambatta (died in 1998) says "that's Russian, one of there latest top secret".  She also played "Ilea" the bald Deltan female in Star Trek: The Motion Picture.  They gathered almost every aircraft Edwards AFB could provide, and put them in the Weight and Balance hanger.  You can see the white and red paint scheme on the A-7 aircraft, if you do a photo search on google for "edwards afb a-7" you can see them.  Just useless trivia about this movie.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Megaforce « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.