Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:58:47 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Voodoo Academy « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Voodoo Academy  (Read 55666 times)
Sam
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I love it!  This movie is soooo campy and I'm sure that when these actors saw the script they probably wondered whatever possessed them to think of doing what probably looked like a big fat turkey on paper when they read the script, but you have to understand that they "knew" that the movie would be bad unless they over acted with monotone voices in such characters as the Wanna-Be Ron Hubbard in the form of the Reverand Carmichel.  The Reverands side-kick plays three characters in the film:  The virginal head of the college, the whore of the college, and a female Satan, and in each character she succeeds because she looks different when playing each character.  This is also Gay-Camp.  Good example is when Christopher is introduced to Billy and Billy says [seductively] Hi! Crisco and then Christopher corrects him and Billy says "I was just trying to get under your skin!"  Then at the dinner table Billy in a Gay type of character says "Soooo, we're gonna get trashed!"  And later when he tries to take Christophers wine, Mrs. B. slaps his hand and the slap shows that what they're doing is making fun of the whole project but at the same time making fun of themselves.  So, why does Mrs. B. try to seduce the young men?  To find out if they're virginal and they figure who would be better for their experiment than young Gay-Virginal-Guys!  She proves their Virgins and it's off to the Wonderful Wizard of Voo-Doo Dolls in the attic!  There's just too much going on in this film to give a good description of it because it's really meant for the Gay Crowd who would find it a hoot!  I know I did!  Pure Entertainment at its best!
Senisi
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I thought the touching scenes were "okay" I like the one by Drew Fuller the best. He's the only guy I know who can do that and somehow still manage to look good. As for how bad the movie is I've seen worse. I doubt this is the best voodoo movie out there. But they did try there best. Drew Fuller did pretty good for this being his 1st movie. I wouldn't recommend seeing this unless you really like him (That's the only reason I saw it!)
fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2007, 02:37:40 AM »

The debate on blasphemy and the "No, I'm not going to calm down..." soundbytes have made me laugh for days, even in the middle of a work shift. I think my coworkers think I've really lost it this time.

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
Suspiria
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 03:22:39 AM »

I like watching young men in tighty-whities rubbing themselves, but then again, I am wired that way.  Frankly I am quite glad the boys are finally being exploited this way.  Do you KNOW how many boob fests I have had to sit through while most of the guys around me howled and cat-called and grinned stupidly?  I now welcome the chance to howl, cat-call and grin stupidly myself.  Boys and their jiggly bits are every bit as fun for me to watch as girls and their jiggly bits apparently are for you to watch.

Yaaay for equal opportunity jiggle-fests!   
Keiththegamergeek
New Visitor

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »

If I were a film maker, I'd be kind of like David DeCoteau, except instead of young men in whitie-tighties, it'd be women in pantyhose.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Voodoo Academy « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.