Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:07:01 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Bloody Birthday « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bloody Birthday  (Read 23659 times)
Kurt
« on: September 28, 2000, 10:54:32 AM »

Okay, so I'm a geek.<P>

Given that . . . no, there was no eclipse on June 9th, 1970.  The moon was six days old at that point and an eclipse can only happen during a new moon.

Squishy
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Director Ed Hunt also gave the world "The Brain" and the infamous "Starship Invasions," so one musn't expect much from this little boofchunk of a flick...
Mike Allan
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

(re Squishy's comment)

Whoa.. really?  That's kinda funky to think about cause Andrew (you know, the fella who runs this site) once did an interview with that guy.  Oh wait, just double checked and he did the interview with the EFFECT'S guy, Kevin Danzy...

I guess if it had been the director and I had gotten to interview, I'd ask him about all those actors who only appeared in one scene and what was up that..

Plus, just for fun, I'd ask him if there was anyway that a film like this would be made today, even though I already know the answer to that.... (hehe)

Jim Hepler
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2001, 03:41:02 AM »

ACK!  You forgot to mention a VERY early Dudikoff role in this one!  Look for em
Mike Allan
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Just found out they released this on DVD.  WHOA!!!  Now, I gotta update from my VHS tape...  Man, I'm behind times.... :)
moviecollector
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I bought this off Ebay, cause it sounded just cheesy & fun. Well, it was. It was more Suspenseful than Horror to me.

& the kids did a good job at being evil. That dance from Julie Brown wasn't bad either. ;)

I say, its worth renting & buying 4 your collection, if you like killer kid movies, especially ones from the 80's.
Kenny
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 09:28:51 PM »

This film was always weird for me, as my birthday is also June 9, 1970

Just glad to know there wasn't an eclipse  TongueOut
Ysidro
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »

June 9, 1970?  Of course an eclipse didn't occur on that date!  A total was on March 7th though.  Shame they didn't have wikipedia back then for 30 seconds of research   TeddyR
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 03:53:00 AM »

Hmmm.. wonder if Andrew would let me revise this and put my new address in...

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
voltron

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »

Just watched this late last night and it was bloody good fun! Something about killer kids gets to me (see: Who Can Kill A Child?). I loved the early 80s vibe of the whole thing.  Thumbup

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
BTM

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 12:37:10 AM »

Just watched this late last night and it was bloody good fun! Something about killer kids gets to me (see: Who Can Kill A Child?). I loved the early 80s vibe of the whole thing.  Thumbup

If you liked that, I'd try The Children (both the 70s movie and the newer 2005 film from Ghosthouse films) and Home Movie.  Both have similar themes. 

In fact, you can read my mini-reviews of them here http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,128326.msg309772.html#msg309772

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Bloody Birthday « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.