Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 15, 2024, 12:10:40 AM
712705 Posts in 53033 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Planet of the Apes « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Planet of the Apes  (Read 53686 times)
Todd Shields
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

One of my all time favorites. I view PLANET OF THE APES as less of a science fiction adventure and more as a satirical exercise in irony, reading like an episode of Sterling's TWILIGHT ZONE. Here we have Heston going into space to get away from man's inhumanity, and having to prove to the apes that the pre-domainent species of their planet were superior to them, only to find that the said pre-domainent species he was defending were the very people he was escaping, and to top it all off, THEY BLEW UP THE GODDAMN PLANET!
Burton's revision was a good film, and way better than any of the "Apes" sequels, but it could never touch the original.

Brett C.
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is just about the greatest science fiction film ever made, with chilling and ironic overtones of the cold war era.  Serling's shock ending was a vast improvement on the one Pierre Boulle supplied in the novel (even Boulle admitted it).  Boulle's ending was very poorly and illogically "aped" by Tim Burton in his terrible and uninspired "re-imagining."  Give me the original or any of its four sequels over Burton's version (his worst film to date, hands down) any day.  Heston was great.  Roddy McDowall:  you were a truly talented actor and you are missed.  The 1968 "Apes" was neither "B" nor bad.  It was a classic and ahead of its time.  It holds up just as well today, and the ending is one of the most brilliant moments in the history of cinema.
Nimdok
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Although I don't really agree that this is a 'B' movie, I feel that if it IS to be included on this list, then certainly all of the sequels (and Tim Burtons remake) deserve to be here as well.  Each sequel was worse than the movie that came before it.
James Dean
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Not the best film, but still brilliant. Great costume design and effects are dwarfed by Charlton Heston's charasmatic performance.

Tim Burton's remake sucked though, and I am a Tim Burton fan.
Halil
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Very good film, don't miss this one. Definitely should be removed from badmovies.org!!!
Bill Gates
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This movie should be removed and the remake added.  

I hate monkeys. @(>_<)@
goeroezeboe
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Why is this movie on this site?
This is actually a good movie. Sure there are some very unrealistic scenes or story elements (like the use of english), but isn't that the case in every sciencefiction movie or book?
Surveysamm
New Visitor

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 04:29:27 PM »

Yes, Goeroe. POTA (the 1968 one not the vastly inferior 2001 remake) is a good movie indeed! As for the apes speaking English--the ending explained that.
alex majors
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 04:40:14 PM »

How can you call this a b-movie? Question This is about as much a b-movie as it is a documentary from 1492 from Planet Orbulon! Twirling
Flu-Bird
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 01:50:39 AM »

TAKE YOUR STINKIN PAWS OFF ME YOU DAMN DIRTY APE wow unforgetible and boy were those apes shocked
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Planet of the Apes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.