Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:59:58 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Halloween III « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Halloween III  (Read 85402 times)
Douglas Ketcham
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The film didn't have Micheal Myers becuase it was decided to turn HALLOWEEN into an athology series, with each entry having nothing in common with eachover expect they revolved around Halloween.
However, the movie tanked, so they brought back Micheal Myers. So if this countinued, HIII would not be as weired as it seems.
Riff
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

When I first saw this flick, I knew I wasn't going to get Micheal Myers. Most of the reviews for the movie were bad, but they had one thing in common "No Micheal Myers". I've seen a review reviews that say this flick is nice. After I saw it I was pleased. It was original, and creepy. I liked it better then parts 1, 5, 7, and 8, but it didn't live upto parts 2, 4, and 6.

I think this film should get 3, or maybe 4 slimes.

=Riff
talkinghand
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

If you listen very, very carefully to the "annoying" commercial song, you will hear that it is actually not just a cheesy circus organ, but an elaborate synthesizer. Especially when we get to see little Buddy suffering the fate soon to befall millions of the world's children. As the bugs and snakes scatter and slither the synth reaches outrageous heights of complicated runs and trills; obviously these are the sounds that activate the Stonehenge chip in the masks' trademarks.

Also, this movie will compel the interested to investigate the TRUE meaning of Hallowe'en as evinced by Conal Cochran: "it was part of our craft!" Witchcraft! Try finding more info on Stonehenge, the Druids, and the continuing tradition of Irish Celtic tree-worshippers and see how far you get! It's no wonder this movie's plot is plausible, maybe even possible! The entire premise is shrouded in the mystery of antiquity.

There are enough holes in the plot to drive a truck through (no one seemed to ever catch the fact that there is a football game being broadcast on a WEDNESDAY night -- if you keep with the timeline and watch the bar scene carefully), but if you view the movie's broad strokes rather than carping on minutiae you can see just how fascinating the entire idea behind Halloween III is.

Oh... and, don't forget... Happy Hallowe'en.
talkinghand
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Got to see the Spanish language version for the 2nd time at work last weekend! What a treat!

I comprehend spoken at about a 25% rate -- and this combined with an intimate familiarity with the plot and dialogue of this movie made for a very enjoyable experience. I understood probably 90% of the Spanish in this case... and I would have to say the translation was admirable... the lip-syncing went really well!

BTW, this was broadcast on Telefutura... I work at an affiliate...

With the studio speakers cranked, the soundtrack sounded so cool! I had every speaker I could belting out the electronic masterpieces! BTW, I got the soundtrack on LP off of eBay for $13... what a find!

I also got the paperback version off half dot com and read it in a few days... an easy read. And possibly a better version... less plot holes...?

BTW I noticed upon this watching that the rogue football game on the TV in the bar is actually being played on a Friday... still, in 1982, a dark day for TV football. They didn't have ESPN Classic yet back then!

Truly it makes you yearn for a better era. And I don't care about the mourning for the loss of Michael Myers. I wasn't familiar with the Halloween series in 1982, and this was the first one I ever saw. I thought it was great then, and still do now.

In retrospect, the idea of a Halloween anthology series seems far superior to me than the endless cheesy slew of slasher flicks which have been named IV, V, etc...

I like the idea of different actors, different plots, different ideas a la Twilight Zone rather than the requisite permutations we've had since... too bad this one didn't work in the movie-going public's eye...
Ramona Ramsey
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well...i dont know what you guy's are talking about really...but Halloween and all of its series(yes even #3 even though it didnt have him in it)Are my favorite movies espescially Resurrection..or however you spell it! But to tell the Truth Michael Myers is the cutest guy i ever saw!...Iv'e had a crush on him for a very long time now...i just cant keep my mind off of him!(plus my hands)But lets not go there!And when I get older Im going to contact the director and ask him if I could be Michael Myers's sidekick! and somehting else but(clears throat)It is the best series ever! and if you got any comments or questions I'll be glad to answer them,just e-mail me and ask away!

laters!
Tony Smith
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Now, I saw this movie, and was sort of impressed.  Though it lacks the classic chill and horror of the gruesome killer Michael Myers (in the last two films and beyond Halloween III), it had a fairly-well done story (sort of).  I mean, it wasn't the greatest, but it did have a unique style of its murders and evil robots, and you have to admit, the masks that spew out bugs and snakes during the commercial was a pretty good touch.  It was pretty good over all.  Too bad it bombed in theaters.
Sennith
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie isn't bad just because myers wasn't in it. It's just awful because it didn't make sense, plot holes, and it's called Halloween III with no Micheal Myers!  It could've been better but there is no way this is better than the original two.  
Pelin
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Due to collecting Halloween series I had to buy this one too. Unfortunately I did not watch it before I bought it even I knew that it was not relevant to the other Halloween series. I can not give this crap a name. It's boring, lousy and very cheap. Why Akkad shot this movie really ?
Mark
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

True, this is not a feature in the vein of Michael Myers, but given the terrible films after Halloween II, that's not a bad idea.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the idea to do one Halloween film per year and make it a DIFFERENT one each time.  I know that One and Two go together but after the lower box office returns for Halloween II, I think this approach was a novel, if unsuccessful idea.

Yeah, this one has plot holes big enough to drive a Silver Shamrock delivery truck through, but the acting from Tom Atkins and Dan O'Herlihy is wonderful.  Stacy Nelkin, it goes without saying, is INCREDIBLE.  Sexiest horror film babe since Helen Crump in "The Blob".

Overall, this is a good B-grad horror-sci fi fun fest.  It doesn't rely on excess gore, but instead gives us an interesting and unique (if totally implausable) plot.  

Put your brain on hold, pop some popcorn and forget that this is supposedly a "Halloween" series flick and you'll have a good time!
TOM
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2003, 03:15:16 PM »

I love every single movie of Holloween . except the 3rd one.Its stupid and theres no point of seen it. I hope they make more holloween movies. I love taylor m. lol
Katie
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

In some odd way this movie seemed like the other Halloween movies. I'm not saying that I think the Halloween series is bad but you can tell that this movie was made by the Halloween masterminds Moustapha Akkad Debra and John Carpenter. This movie plain out didn't make sense the song is annoying as crap and the whole story is just stupid what killed the people and caused the kids masks to make the kids spew out crickets.(Crickets don't kill people, people kill people!) What drove the man at the Silver Shamrock Company to do this. I don't hate the movie just beacause there is no Michael Myers but because they tried to cash in on the popularity of Halloweens 1 and 2. They made the movie half-ass figuring if they put the Halloween title on it it would sell. Yeah right!
David Thomas (Samhain)
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this at the movies when I was younger and expected a Halloween movie without Michael. After all it was advertised that way. You rent it and expect Michael? No wonder half the world yells Jihad at us Americans. Don't read the box that explains this is a different Halloween film for christ sakes. As for the movie, I thought it was great entertainment. How did they get the rock here. Hell name one movie and I will find one thing in it that can be debated. Why does it matter? It was there! It had a different twist and was entertaining. I loved the music and welcomed a different tale at Halloween. I looked forward to other Halloween stories as well. This is just my opinion. Damn good film! LOTR now that is crap!  
kodi
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie was super lame, even by Halloween standards.  As stupid as the other movies in the series are, this one was by far the worst.  It's too bad though, I think it was a clever idea to have a different type of horror movie each year with different characters, all revolving around Halloween.  At least it would have saved us from about 10 more terrible films about Micheal Myers.
sk8er
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Honestly here this movie is sad.  Its a piece of crap.  I am one of the biggest holloween fans with michael myers.  This movie is not worth seeing. I saw it once and i never wanted to see it again.  I saw the others like 50 times and they never get old.

Coastman
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Upon further consideration, I have decided that this is quite possibly one of the most under rated horror movies in the history of the genre.  Amazing!  Androids who walk up to people and just annihalate them?  That's pretty bad ass.  And where else can you find a doctor that not only smokes cigarettes but is also in the early stages of alchoholism?  Plot was great, music was ridiculous, and the shameless plug for the first halloween movie made the film even better.  And the fact that it had absolutely nothing to do with the first two made it that more interesting.  I'm not sure if it was this site, but I read somewhere that the original script for the 6th Halloween somehow had a link to the third one.  If anyone knows about this, update me and I'll love you forever.  Thank you.  Good night!

Coastman  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Halloween III « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.