Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:14:59 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Halloween III « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Halloween III  (Read 85404 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »

I've always liked Halloween III. Sure, it's a failed experiment but the idea behind it was sound. Michael Myers was "killed" at the end of Halloween II so Carpenter and company decided to try turning the "Halloween" franchise into an annual "Twilight Zone" style anthology series of stand alone fims.

...of course, the movie tanked (and besides, I'm sure the producers paid attention to how much $$ the Friday the 13th crew were raking in by re-animating THEIR guy in movie after movie) so eventually it was inevitable that Michael would return.

"Halloween III's" plot is ludicrous and full of holes but it's a nice little sci-fi/horror blend (and I love that synthesizer soundtrack by Carpenter and Alan Howarth ... soooo '80s but sooooo awesome!)

... Dan O'Herlihy is a hoot as Conal Cochran (though as I understand it, he didn't think much of the movie) and Tom Atkins is always fun to watch.

If this had been released without the "Halloween" tag in '82 I seriously think it would be more fondly remembered today.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
66Crush
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2012, 11:41:50 PM »

I think the movie should be released on DVD under the subtitle "Season of The Witch." That way it could stand on it's own away from the Halloween franchise. On it's own it's not that bad a movie. They should also put out a box set of all the original Halloween movies excluding Part III. They could call it the Micheal Myers Collection. This would clear up years of confusion.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2012, 10:51:53 AM »

I think there's a horribly missed opportunity here.  At some point they should have made a movie where Myers is running around killing people at the same time that somebody is trying to rig people's Halloween masks to kill them. 

It's not like the Halloween series hasn't had worse sequel ideas. 
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2012, 11:13:41 AM »

I like Season of the Witch. Sure it has nothing to do with the previous two Halloween movies, but as a stand alone movie it's great. Very underrated.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Halloween III « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.