Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:53:02 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Halloween III « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Halloween III  (Read 85397 times)
Henry
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2008, 01:22:13 AM »

As far as John Carpenter Michael Myers is dead so he did this movie without him then someone came along who missed Michael bought the rights to the characters from the first 2 movies and carrieed on with Halloween 4.
DoktorSick
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2009, 04:16:37 PM »

I must admit when I first saw the movie I was like wtf where's Micheal Myers.But years later is one of my fave movies.A few years ago I bought the dvd and it's now it's a halloween tradition for me to watch with my kids.
Samuel Clough
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2009, 06:21:08 PM »

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup
I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I must be the only one. Use to see this on cable back when basic was cool and filled with b grade horror. The original idea was to make a different movie with a different plot for Halloween each year. Wish they had gone along with that plane. I do have a place for the rest of the sequals(5,6, 7, 8, 9) but I love this. Tom Atkis is one of my favorite actors. Love that song. Just don't get how everyone else hate this so much. This looks so much like a Carpenter film I was suprise to learn that he didn't do it his self. He's signiture is all over it though. Did I mention I LOVE THIS!
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2009, 11:59:13 PM »

One of the weaknesses of Halloween III is the strength of halloween II.  Halloween II was a perfect sequel in that the story line and general mayham starts exactly where Halloween leaves off.  Any expectation that Halloween III would be a sequel of that caliber was quickly squalched. 
Overall a marginally ok movie that suffers from having the wrong title (would any of this be an issue if the movie was titled "Masks with chuncks of stonehenge in them are going to kill all the kids on Halloween night") and of course the obvious lack of plot, story line, character developement, coherence, etc.  I hate the non-committed ending (did all the kids die or not?) and that flashing pumpkin definitely lead to some epilepsy based lawsuits.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2009, 06:32:31 AM »

Overall a marginally ok movie that suffers from having the wrong title (would any of this be an issue if the movie was titled "Masks with chuncks of stonehenge in them are going to kill all the kids on Halloween night")

It should have just been called "Season Of The Witch", that's a bad-ass title.

Vance Archer
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2009, 07:26:29 AM »

Easily one of the worst films ever made. It's so mean-spirited I actually felt uncomfortable watching it at times. It's boring as hell, too.

I rented this for a Halloween party several years back and it actually killed the party dead. Complete s**t, from top to bottom.
Wes Lee
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2009, 01:53:52 PM »

Call me simple but even as a young bad movie fan I still wasn't able to process the concept of the latest instalment of a slasher franchise having ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with ANY of the previous films! :(
 Just mind boggling.....
 "Sneaking a 20 ton stone through customs is no problem" Hahahaha
justin
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2010, 05:23:16 PM »

I've always avoided this one because Michael Myers wasn't in it. However, early last month I decided to watch it on Cinemax & give it a chance since I'm a big fan of Carpenter's original & the sequel.

Its not a great movie but it was original, interesting & mean-spirited & I liked it enough to add it to my movie collection.
Plus having Tom Atkins as the lead is always a good sign. I loved the way it ended (having that classic Carpenter feel/fade to black). Great music score by Carpenter as well.
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2010, 08:01:04 PM »

I actually enjoyed Halloween III. Yeah there is no mikey, but its still got an exciting storyline. I thought it was real brave of them to try something new and it didn't work, so they moved on. I think if it wasn't called Halloween III:Season Of The Witch, I believe people would have enjoyed the film more instead of wondering if they checked out the wrong movie by mistake.

TobyzMama
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2010, 01:52:22 PM »

This was the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. 

I am new to the Halloween movies, and decided to watch them all in one weekend.  I had a very hard time sitting through this.  But, it's worth seeing once - and once only - as part of learning about the series.
claws
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2010, 01:59:55 PM »

Poor Halloween III is doomed to be bashed for eternity  Bluesad
The most misunderstood movie ever made most likely.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:34:14 AM by claws » Logged
Furious_George
New Visitor

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2010, 09:54:12 AM »

I like this movie for nostalgic reasons, but I love almost everything from the 80's.

The only thing that p**ses me off is that you never really know what the villain wants to do. Yeah he wants to sell his masks and kill everyone that wears them, but why?
diamondwaspvenom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2010, 04:48:34 PM »

An unfairly underrated horror flick. I'd rather watch this than any of the later sequels.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2010, 10:54:45 PM »

The only thing that p**ses me off is that you never really know what the villain wants to do. Yeah he wants to sell his masks and kill everyone that wears them, but why?
According to legend *cough cinemassacre cough*, the guy wanted to bring back the horrors that Halloween was originally told as.

yeah no.
klaviaturist
New Visitor

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2012, 03:29:47 PM »

This is one of my all time favorite films. Really. Partially because Michael Myers wasn't in the film. I never liked Halloween. Yeah, chew me a new one. I liked this film for numerous reasons. Great villainous performance from Dan O'Herlihy. Great storyline about masks that kill children and the insects that murder their parents. A woman is turned into a robot. Pagan's steal a rock from Stonehedge. I mean, what's not to like?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Halloween III « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.