Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:12:07 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  She « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: She  (Read 20845 times)
Christian
She
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Seems like a cool movie, too bad it's out of print. Sorry, not in print! ;o)
BoyScoutKevin
She
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2000, 06:56:51 PM »

Too bad that film is out of print. It sounds like something I would like to see. I guess I will have to wait until it comes to television or is back in print. Does anybody know whether this version is as good as the 1965 one with Ursula Andress, Peter Cushing, and Christopher Lee and/or the 1935 version with Helen Gallaghn, Randolph Scott, and Nigel Bruce of Sherlock Holmes fame?
sydling
She
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Janne said it was a good film but I'm not so sure after seeing the clip....
Janne
She
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It's phenomenal, trust me.
Robin
She
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2002, 01:29:36 PM »

One thing none of you have said is that Sandahl (She) is unbelievably HOT and seeing her gorgeous legs makes it work for me. The film is definitely worth seeing though, not just for sexy Sandahl, but also because it is such hilarious rubbish.
Ken
She
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I use to watch this movie back to back with Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon (which I own on DVD now) on USA's Up All Night. If only I could find SHE on dvd.
chrisb
She
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I wonder if the Wachowski brothers were inspired to do the fight with Agent Smith multiples in Matrix Reloaded by the 'similar' scene with the Xenon(s)..
Jamie
She
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

You can get she on DVD in England, check Amazon.co.uk, it's an absolutely awful moviw though. Sandahl Begman is sexy though, but she is about as goddesslike as a wet fish! The poor thing should've tried acting lessons. She was funny in Red Sonja though!
John
She
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

23 years later, Im sure if it in the past or the future.

The action is good. Still...

When She and Dick defeated duplicate ahole. I see NOrk city(ruined city from anceint civilization.) THats where i realized it really in the future 2008. I kinda disturbing.

Gry
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 11:29:39 AM »

I've got the UK disc.  Presentation-wise, it's bare bones at best, but it was affordable and the only way to currently get it.

I can remember this movie blowing my mind when I was a kid.  Like the mind-bending Lou Ferrigno "Hercules" flicks, it's very genre-spanning, with roots in Sword & Sorcery and Post Apocalyptic adventure.  Aside from the inclusion of the immortal and unnamed goddess (who bathes in a sacred spring, not a flame) and the outsider hero She takes a shine to, there's only a passing resemblance to the Haggard tale.  Happily, with the exception of the marauding band of surly warlords, the movie opts to bypass the traditional "Road Warrior" After-The-Fall motif and opts to give us an earth that's degenerated into Medieval Feudalism.  All that remains is an array of isolated fiefdoms, each with its own resident deity and/or insular populace.  Radiation-plagued mutants, aerobicized Amazons, an order of priests lorded over by a Jim Jones-style telekinetic, urban primitives, cannibal vampires, and backwoods mad scientists comprise the world's Neo-People.

Yes, this is trashy and low-end, but it's also clever, self-satirical, and madcap.  The soundtrack is all over the place, with Heavy Metal, Disco, Funk, and even a sentimental closing credits love ballad illustrating just how wildly schizophrenic an offering this is.  The women are actually quite formidable and courageous -- Bergman moves like a panther in heat -- while the men seem mercenary and passive in comparison.  In its way this is a relic of an entertaining genre and decade that fell by the wayside and probably will never come back.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  She « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.