Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:44:19 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Laserblast « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Laserblast  (Read 76085 times)
Augo
« on: March 10, 2005, 01:24:31 AM »

HAHA. what a bad movie!! i LOVE it!!
DC
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie I saw as a young kid.  I remember being freaked out at seeing Billy's face.  Years later (age 27), I saw it on DVD fro less than $10!  How could I go wrong!  Oh the memories are all back!

AND WHAT A HORRIBLE MOVIE THIS WAS!  But I still love it!  :)

Who knew that in 1985 there would be Laserblast II?  And I can't find it anywhere!  Has anyone seen the sequel or know where I could see it?
Hankster
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I remember the time I saw the Laserblast flick on T.V. For a child of age 8, I was completely freaked out on the cannon's sound and destruction to the scary face the dude  changed into.So I was always eager to see again, but just no luck..And to think that their is a fanclub.. I thought, I was the only one...
Steve Bentley
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2001, 03:32:09 AM »

Once again, Andrew brings up memories from the past...I saw this at a drive-in with my mother when I was 12.  The triple-bill was Laserblast, Death Race 2000, and Flesh Gordon (Yes, I know, but my mom was incredibly liberated and very cool, she still is)  I remember really liking this movie as a kid and especially liking the aliens.  After reading about it and watching the opening scene, I really need to find it for my ever growing collection.  Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Andrew, it reminded me to call my mom and say thanks.
Rock
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I caught this movie on the USA network back in the day when they had Commander USA's Groovie Movies(man I miss that show!!).  I'm proud to say that I purchased it through Amazon and watch it quite often.
Andrew K
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I first saw this on the Detroit Channel 50's Saturday Shocker, and thought it was the most depressing film ever made-but then they played The Incredible Melting Man the following week. Both movies feature my favorite Seventies "Scream Queen," Cheryl "Rainbeaux" Smith. A regular in Jonathan Demme films, I'm pretty sure her that P.T. Anderson based the Rollergirl character in Boogie Nights on her (Anderson is a major Demme fan). Smith was also in my all-time favorite exploitation film, Massacre at Central High, a terrific cross between Animal Farm and the Breakfast Club that deserves a DVD release.
David Fullam
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Laserblast is a movie that always seems to escape me. I remember when it came out to the theatres. I was going to get my parents to take me to see it. Never happened. I was never able to find it on video and only caught the tail end of it when it hit one of our local chanells many years back. I've always wanted to see it, if only for the stop motion aliens. Either Jim Danforth or Dave Allen (or maybe both) worked on the creatures. They teamed up years later on "Caveman." I thnk they also did work on "Flesh Gordon." I believe the music in Laserblast was reused for "Robot Holocaust."
Josh
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I'm a huge fan of B Movies, but this was just too far.  I watched this with my typical group of friends I always watch lame movies with, and none of us could keep watching it.  Actually, before it ended we all fell asleep.  This has never happened before!  Still not as bad as the movie "Slackers" though.  We stopped that one after half an hour just because of its retardation.
dominique
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

sorry  i give you this message in french, i don't speak english.
j'ai adoré "laserblast" au moment de sa sortie et j'ai été très longtemps amoureuse de Billy Duncan (Kim Milford) j'ai loguement cherché sur le net après des photos du film sans jamais les trouver et voilà que je tombe sur ce site. Il est formidable. merci a vous tous.
Dr. Maniac
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is exactly why I gave up acting and switched to directing.  Keenan Wynn and Roddy McDowall pick up some quick rent money by being in this low budget time killer.
That's not to say this film isn't fun.  Heck I will watch anything with stop motion animation and at least here it is well done.  When my wife and I were dating we would go see this movie and make up dialog for the alien lizards (well whatever they are saying isn't subtitled you know!).
   Kim Milford, who played "Rocky Horror" on Broadway, finds the ultimate instrument of revenge against the people who picked on him.  One thing that is never explained (well, a lot of things are never explained, for example is Billy's mom a call girl or something?) is why Billy turns into a replica of the alien criminal at the start of the film whenever he uses the laser gun; and why is the crystal amulet turning his chest into metal?  Oh well, this is a movie that you just watch and enjoy without asking too many questions about.
Scott
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

What in the cchell? (if you ever go to Newgrounds.com and watch Mario Twins, you'll get that). This movie was weird. I've never really watched a movie that I can say had no plot, but now I have. All this guy does is blow stuff up! Then he dies. What?! Where did that one come from? I mean, he finds a gun, shoots stuff including a hippie who was nice enough to give him a ride (Then again, if you're that stupid not to notice a big freakin gun on someone's arm, well then I have little pity for you). And what's with Froggy's affiction with lightning? Every time he talks, its about lightning or hotdogs... whatever. Well, other than the complete lack of a plot, this movie was pretty cool. Lots of stuff blowing up... lots of random stuff. But, I do have to admit. This movie has the BEST stop-motion animation I have EVER seen. It's so smooth. But, that's it. Good day gentlemen.
Robert L. Folkner
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I'd heard so much about how bad this film is that I just HAD to buy the DVD. It's a truly amazing movie in the sense that it could have been good- if the filmmakers had decided to EXPLAIN anything in it, which they didn't.

In fact, the only truly enjoyable parts of the movie involved the stop-motion aliens. They were great.

As to the people, it was sad to see Keenan Wynn and Roddy McDowall debasing their talents like this, and I can't figure out why Kim Milford got involved, either. He was either a lousy actor at this point in his short life, phoned-in his performance after reading the script, or was defeated by the director and the editor.

Anyway, over-all this is a sad movie.
S. Johson
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this at a drive-in theater when I was a kid. I was about seven years old. Even at that tender impressionable age... I KNEW this was crap. I asked my parents about it once when I was in my late twenties. "Mom Dad, do you remember that one time we went to the drive-in and saw that movie Laserblast?" They both look at me in confusion and try to pass off the question. I'm sure there's more to this movie than what meets the eye. I mean really... look at teenagers from the eighties. There has GOT to be a connection!
AlphaWoolf
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Waay cool stop-motion aliens, but beyond that I can't remember much.  Watch the aliens at the beginning and the end and forget the rest.  I did.
Dark Wizard
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I'll always remember this as being the last film to be spoofed by the Mystery Science Theater 3000 gang during their comedy central run (saving the worst for last, I guess ^^).  As Tom Servo said in that episode "I've seen tighter editing in a home movie than in this!"  And it's true!  The whole film probably has fifteen minutes of action, total.  But it's good old cheese that's so bad it's funny.
Oh yeah, and the claymation was pretty good too! ^^  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Laserblast « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.