Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:49:20 AM
714526 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Laserblast « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Laserblast  (Read 76338 times)
Matt Petty
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

My school sat us all in the main hall when I was about 12 or 13 (over 15 years ago) and showed us this movie. We were used to being shown the classic British 'Children's Film Foundation' flicks, which were usually about a group of kids saving their scout hut or something, but this was a real departure. I remember the first scene where the zombie is killed by the aliens - we all gasped when we saw his face. And they say the UK education system is failing...
AMIR
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Kim Milford-Cheryl Rainbeaux Smith-Roddy McDowall-Keenan Wynn- Have all passed away. For some reason or another we all remember this film from our childhood.Yes, it might have been cheezy and filled with a lot of corny dialog just to show us what damage a laser could do if it existed. And weather a kid was into sci-fi or not, We all wished that LASER-CANNON could have somehow fallen into our possession. What a film to leave such a lasting impression upon us.Thanks for the memories.  For the main cast,
                     REST IN PEACE
                        -AMIR-

"Long live LASERBLAST"
Scott
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2003, 12:30:30 AM »

So who was the alien that was in possession of the laser before Billy?  What was his story?  And at the end of the film when the aliens removed the laser from Billy ---have they killed Billy or is Billy just unconscious?  Many unanswered questions.  Oh well, what can you expect from such a low budget film ............
Bubba
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2003, 08:16:42 PM »

Gosh, that Kim Milford did show such raw acting ability and charisma in this groundbreaking motion picture (remember, Leonard Maltin gave it ** 1/2). What I think is appalling is that The Great Sir Kim Milford did not only not recieve the Academy Award, but was not nominated.
slycooper
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

After watching the movie from the 'Before Sci-Fi channel debut' final episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000; I think Crow questioned the movie's rating by Leonard Maltin the best. I quote: "could Leonard Maltin be wrong and this ISN'T worth **1/2?" They also rip a new one in for Roddy McDowell, and reiterate his 'Planet of the Ape's roles and pure shame for taking a small role as the doctor in this movie. Another career washed down faster than Alan Hale's. LaserBlast is also another movie based solely around padding and meaningless violence. This should been recognized as pure kids stuff, as it has no real plot but alotta cool scenes(sort of) of violence. Adults will either speculate its idiocy or fall asleep. the only redeeming quality of this movie were the aliens. Stop motion aliens who spoke some pretty nifty language, and were kinda cute.
Mike
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Andrew K: "I first saw this on the Detroit Channel 50's Saturday Shocker, and thought it was the most depressing film ever made-but then they played The Incredible Melting Man the following week."

I suddenly thought of this movie for the first time in almost 20 years on the way home from work just now, and decided to do a net search.  This site is awesome.

I too remember when both of those movies were shown back-to-back on channel 50!  The Incredible Melting Man is the third worst movie of all time behind only Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things and Pretty Woman.  
Rod
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2003, 01:39:33 PM »

I remember watching this movie on a local channel as a young child.  Although the movie was weak in plot (a lot of details were left out and too many unanswered questions), I found it quite appealing as a child.  I especially liked the stop motion animation and the title soundtrack.  Do you know where I can get a copy of the title soundtrack?
RandomGuest
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Noticably dumb kid that gets picked on, finds laser, uses laser to exact revenge on bullies,the more he shoots the laser the more he turns into an alien.  In the end aliens come down and shoot him.

A lot of driving, a lot of cars blowing up
Conclusion -  A Cinematic Masterpiece
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 06:29:03 PM by Andrew » Logged
Max
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2004, 12:12:59 PM »

I only bought this movie because I hade 10 dollars to kill, and I love B-Movies.
night heron
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2004, 11:39:49 AM »

He the kid when he puuts on the weird necklece and takes up the gun and then he begins to look a bit like BILL BIXBY when he becomes the INCREDIBLE HULK  and the alein cops look a bit like dinosuars or turtles without shells and as for the weapon it looks pretty cool
Kyle Brinkmann
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

LaserBlast is Grade Z Horror/Sci-Fi at its best.
No real plot here except for some guy finding an alien weapon and going ape s**t.
Jason
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I loved this movie!  I was a kid and the one thing I always hated about Star Trek was how little use they made of the phasers.  This thing had aliens and revolved around the gun.  

Not much of a plot but I figured the necklace was a conductor and the kid was a battery for the blaseter.  The more he used it, the more  he mutated.

The only unfortunate side effect of this film, I think how much I enjoyed it shows in my current work.
JMR3000
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I was 12 when this came out in the theaters.  I went to see it with a friend of mine.  It was playing as a double feature with "Chariots of the Gods", which my friend thought was "Food of the Gods" because he was telling me about giant rats.  Instead of seeing giant rats, we had to sit through two hours of William Shatner telling us about space aliens who landed on Earth 2000 years ago.

Then "Laserblast" finally came on, and I soon realized it was crap.  Cheesy aliens and a dork who kept turning into a monster whenever he used the gun.  I did admire the gun, though, and I'm sure I appreciated the explosions.

Even the TV ads were a cheat.  They emphasized the aliens and the space ship, which only showed up at the beginning and the end.

Still, I'd like to see this again, just for the sake of memories and to confirm its crappiness.  
Will
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

What a sweet movie.  Horribly sweet.  I made a buddy watch Laserblast not too long ago.  Afterwards he told me with a blank face, "If you ever make me watch a movie like that again, I'm going to punch you in the mouth."

My favorite cheese-movie of all-time.
IT
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2005, 12:02:17 PM »

I got talked into seeing this piece of crap as a kid and almost lost my mind.The aliens were cool but the movie is terrible avoid it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Laserblast « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.