Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:44:47 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Billy Jack « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: Billy Jack  (Read 232090 times)
CalrissianFoxxSteele
Dedicated Viewer

God

« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2012, 11:34:33 PM »

I remember I saw something about it on VH1's I Love the 70's. They made it look so badass.
...then I watched it.
Thoroughly disappointed. Don't care about the fug pugly hippies and their problems.
I wanna see Billy Jack kick some ass.
He does a little, just not enough to keep me interested.
The moment where he warns the dude about kicking him across the face was the definite highlight and then understood the reference from the movie 'Major Payne' where he does the same thing except hits the guy in the throat first. lol.

“I’m gonna live a rockstar life. Money, b***hes, and fame. Because my mommy said I can do anything I put my mind to.”
Shaduby
New Visitor

« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2014, 07:20:54 PM »

Saw Billy Jack in 71, when I was 7 years old watched it twice in a row, then saw it again when it came out again in 73.
I loved it!! Even at a young age I could tell some of the acting was wooden - especially the Indian who was with the girl who miscarried.   
The movie made total sense to me then and the ending was truly inspiring...
Watching it now you can tell it didn't age well - it may be too over the top and corny - don't know if todays generation could relate to it now.
But for its time it was great - that generation needed a hero and Billy Jack was it.
It shouldn't be ridiculed, but taken in the context of what it meant back then - a thought provoking "right against wrong and justice will prevail" film - the innocence of the 50/60's was over and this ushered in the whole 70's and innocence gone era...movies and music was forever changed....
Mike
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2015, 05:17:54 AM »

I was on Ebay and there is a sad listing for Tom Laughlin's entire house contents (at about $2.5 million) as his wife is living with Alzheimer's and had to leave the house to live under care. Bluesad

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Laughlin-Billy-Jack-Delores-Taylor-ENTIRE-HOUSE-Contents-Sale-/221407841780?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Very sad: my Dad walked that road for a while. 

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2019, 06:46:58 AM »

Hi, great site. This film was banned in South Africa (along with "Born Losers" and "The Trial of Billy Jack"). We really had the most wonderful :( censorship system in the world!

This was one of my first posts here  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2019, 02:43:15 PM »

Billy Jack is a great example of what late 60's/early 70s cinema was all about. I suggest a triple feature of BILLY JACK, WOODSTOCK and EASY RIDER. It's a great way to spend a Saturday evening.

And, by the way, this is the original me when I was known as "Joe" in the hallowed forums.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
crector
New Visitor

« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2019, 04:41:11 AM »

One of the dullest and stupidest movies of all time.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2019, 12:19:26 AM »

Defiance, man! Defiance!

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2021, 03:41:43 PM »

The really big problem with BILLY JACK (and all it's sequels) was that Laughlin is a terrible writer, actor and director.  All the "good guys' are pure, innocent and perpetual victims. While everyone else not on the reservation are mustache twiddling villains.  At least Billy Jack is an easy characture  to point and laugh at. While his wife (in the movie and real life) was a whiny, self serving, self righteous, pretentious nagging b***h.  Sadly, the audience back in 1971 gobbled it up then.. and today. 

As for the hippy dippy school, they use an endless stream of exposition on how "successful" their school is - even then, its laughably absurd claims that you're instantly dubious of. But the funniest aspect of this movie is Billy Jack's internal struggle of being peaceful while having to kick ass. A well developed, fully fleshed out 3 dimensional character would have overcome this internal conflict at least early on in the story.. or at least just before.   
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Billy Jack « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.