Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:12:12 AM
714435 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  LEXX: I Worship His Shadow « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: LEXX: I Worship His Shadow  (Read 32262 times)
LexxAddict
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

LEXX ROXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have never seen 4 finer movies than theese.

********Caution********
apon watching theese, you will become hooked and you will become a mindless Lexx Slave like yours truly. DONT DO IT!!
thomas hulstrøm
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2001, 09:35:22 AM »

I LOVE THIS SERIES! Makes many other scifi series look very boring. Full of sex and sarcasm, it really engulfed me... see it at all costs. Unfortunately, my local station only aired the first year... so if anyone knows how to get hold of em, please mail me. gimme gimme!
stu
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2001, 01:52:25 PM »

Any, anyone know why Zev is a totally different person in later series? And who is that later bird, cause damn she is fit!
Me
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Zev bites it in season two (first season after movies).... sniff... but is braught back now as a red haired Xev by a plant chick as a gift to Stan in a later ep.
Aaahhhh :)
Deena
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2001, 04:30:24 PM »

This movie was pretty strange, enjoyable but strange.  I was sorry to see Brad, errr, Thodin die so quick.  Barry Bostwick has got to have the funniest voice.  He can make anything sound sooo dramatic.
Sean (Lying Bastard)
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have watched all four of the Lexx movies and all the seasons of the show - by the way, the Zev in the movies is Eva Habermann, and she was all of 20 when they started rolling. However, the series took so long to get rolling she found another gig and did two courtesy episodes to fit in the replacement, the very lovely (if somewhat too lippy) Xenia Seeburg as Xev. I really liked this movie. The 2nd Lexx movie, Supernova, was far stranger and except for brief bits of insight into Zev's past and Stan actually doing something right, as well as a snippet about the Brunnen-G, really served no purpose in the series. The 3rd movie, Eating Pattern, established only that Lexx needs to eat organic material for fuel as far as lasting effects go, however the spotlight was particularly on Kai - the lines were very good. The 4th movie, Giga Shadow, however, is as good as the first.

I can't say the same for the current season of the show.

G
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Best Sci-Fi series... ever. It’s as simple as that.
This is considered a B-movie, but why the *bleeping* for? The data animation parts are stunning... Better than same period StarTrek at least. And the more "cheap" effects are probably more lifelike than the usual glossy effects that you normally see on the big budget films.
Oh, and the movie is funny and have the right combination of not taking itself too seriously and being deadly serious.

I've always thought that people that don't like the Lexx series/films are either humourless, unimaginative or thoroughly unintelligent individuals. And most often, I'm sorry to say, all three applies. ;)

/G
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

We all seem to be in a greement here, that Lexx is absolutely incredible.  In my opinion, the best sci fi series since Doctor Who piloted the TARDIS off to keep that tea from getting cold.  Lexx shows some of the most unbridled creativity I have ever seen, and I'll forgive the somewhat chintzy computer effects (even though I usually detest CGI with a blazing passion) because their imaginations obviously way outstrip the show's budget, just like good ol' Doctor Who.  Oh, and does anyone else think that Firefly is a blatantly obvious ripoff?
gigashadow 2k
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

this is nothing less than an incredible movie and deserved higher than a 4 tears dealie.  This and the other Tales from a Parallel Universe movies were utterly fantastic and ingeniously creative but the show was not nearly as good.  It still to me at least great, but it being more funny and less dramatic.  It brings tears to my eyes to remember that no new Lexx episode will be made, Ever.  I hope to see the 3 other Tales, especially Gigashadow, on this detailed list of b-movies.  I mean, c'mon, isnt Malcom Mcdowell like a b-movie duke or baron?  Anyone ever seen Tank Girl?  I rest my case.  
MaedhRos
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Really, the best sci-fi series I've ever seen. First and third season are terrific, the second season is not as good as the first and third one, but it's great anyway. The fourth season is the worst. But still better than almost anything I have seen on TV.
Rob
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2004, 12:23:48 PM »

I agree with all of the comments about this film. Very creative, very quirky, very fun. Oh, and Eva Habermann is beautiful !
Lois
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 06:34:48 PM »

Jesus, Buddha, and Mary, but this is the strangest movie--and series--ever to hit the TV waves in the history of the multiverse.  I first came across the series while channel-surfing one night and could NOT stop watching it! It was ridiculous, bizarre, and yet addictive all at the same time.  Every planet they visited was full of inbred weirdos with outrageous sexual fetishes and an inclination towards extreme violence.  Predictably, every planet wound up getting blown to bits or eaten by Lexx.  The four movies were no less mind-numbingly strange. Clearly, the film/series creators were indulging a few fetishes of their own, namely in the illegal hallucinogen department, in order to come up with something this bizarre.
Andrew J Bird
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I loved the first two Movies, they were well constructed and the delivery was excellent.  My personal favorite part was when the Lizard things instead of attacking their intened target but instead the children in the area. I had no idea that something like that would ever be in a TV movie and certainly the made it stand out from every SciFi series both before and since.

I love programmes that aren't afraid to do things no one else would dare to try.
Ghostly Me
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I have the entire Lexx cd's series, and as I have commented to other people, it is the best serie I've ever seen in my entire life.  The plot, the strange little things, the bizarre situations and the imagination are just perfect.  If you ever have the money to afford this serie, you should get it.  You won't regret it one bit.  The cds also tell you how it was made, and give you and explanation of the serie's theme.
Me
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHA!  A great show, and great movies.  My sister and I watched this all the time, and but for the season that started on the planets Fire and Water (was that season 4?) I liked the complete weirdness of these characters and the situations they got themselves into.  What was the plant-girl's name?  Was it Lyka, or something like that?
And I have to say I think I prefer the second Zev over the first.  Not sure if that's because I saw the series before the movies, but Xenia Seaborg just seems better than Eva Habermann somehow.  And more attractive.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  LEXX: I Worship His Shadow « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.