Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:01:50 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  ZAAT « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ZAAT  (Read 45961 times)
Demonicuss
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hey, didn't MST3K make fun of this one when it was called "Blood Waters of Dr. Z"?
The Driver
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

<i>INPIT stands for Inter-Nations Phenomena Investigation Team...</i>

Shoulda been Inter-Nations Extraordinary Phenomena Team...

I.N.E.P.T.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I Think it's one of the stupidest movies I ever seen.
Creeps
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hey!  It's The Blood Waters of Doctor Z!   Man...what a great (and by great I mean bad) movie.

"I give you...fish anus."
Dr. Baylor
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I think this movie is great in it's own "campy 50's but it was filmed in the 70's" way.  INPIT bears more than a passing resemblance to the X-Files 20 years too early. Yep this is the same film as The Blood Waters of Dr. Z but it was NEVER shown legally under that title and that includes the unauthorized showing on MST3K.  Spin the wheel!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I was at the preview. The row boat was my fishing boat and I never caught a catfish in it. However, I did net a picture
of Muldar. Somebody damn sure was prescient. Put that in your Funk & Wagnal.
Scott
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Geez, how many names does this movie have? I watched this movie under the name of "Attack of the Swamp Creature." This was quite some movie though, you know, in it's own 70's kinda way. And how about that costume! I was expecting the director to come running out on screen as the actor in it tried to go in the water, warning the guy that the suit wasn't water proof. But you know what, that was a very artistic monster for a catfish monster. I was impressed.
Amazing Colossal Puma Man
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Even with the MST3K treatment, this movie was so awful it nearly forced my to tears.  One request though: add the "Sarcasm, the weed of deceit" sound clip.
Rudy Denz
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this movie at the drive-in in 1972 when I was only 6 years old. Did it scare the hell out me! I remember sleeping at my aunt and uncle's house that night and screaming for them to save me, the monster has me! It's one of my earliest memories.
David
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

My perspective on this movie is quite interesting.  I first saw it as Blood Waters of Dr Z on  TV, then saw it as Elvira Attack of the Swamp Creature.  And after that, I found out it was originally released as Zaat.  This movie is so bad it's actually good.  Most science fiction and horror source books do not do this movie justice.  Only the internet and all the reviews on it does.  Probably the best scene is where the monster captures the lovely blonde girl in the yellow bikini and tries to make her his mate.  The various angled shots of her unconscious bikini-clad bdy prior to the transformation are quite amusing, withe monster walking around nonchalantly about the lab.    The pinnacle is when her partially transformed body is yanked out of the vat of Zaat, and she stares into the camera with dead, empty eyes.  Then the pinnacle is scaled down when the monster dumps her body into a vat of acid, which slowly but surely dissolves it away.  Of course, this gives us an idea of what the rest of the film will be like, the monster wans a mate.  True grade B science fiction/horror film genius.
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2004, 04:48:32 AM »

I like how in the preview clip, the monster throws everyone off the boat, and then they all dive in perfectly.  Nice!
Kevin
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 09:45:19 AM »

I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!! ONE OF THE BEST!!
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 12:56:28 PM »

I rented this movie under the name Attack of the Swamp Creature.  Boy was I disappointed when I saw what the "swamp creature" was...
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 05:53:13 PM »

I saw the MST3K version of this, under the title "Blood Waters of Dr. Z," and all I gotta say is when the token black sidekick and the fat redneck sheriff are more heroic and useful than the supposed "hero," you know your movie is deep trouble.
Wendy Shadburn
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 12:49:47 PM »

I, along with 2 of my sisters were "in" this movie as extras. We were part of the "bad singing" Hippie/"Jesus Freaks"! I was only 12 or so, but one of my sisters was 20ish - the one who got us the gig. She actually was dating Jamie - the man who sang the theme song. If memory serves, HE got us the gig. We were told to walk along chanting : "I feel the vibes..." & ended up in a church? I don't know if our scenes made it or ended up on the cutting room floor, but I do remember making 35 bucks from Barton's company and thinking "look out Marcia Brady - here I come!" It was filmed before 1975 unless this is somehow a remake 3 years later, which I can't imagine! I was channel surfing late night cable recently & the monster in a movie I landed on looked like ZAAT, but the bathing suits on the surfers looked too modern so I didn't think it could be the same movie - I also didn't know about all of the alternate names for the movie. I ran to my computer & started googling & found this site. Please tell me how I can get a copy! I have never seen the final cut! I tried Netflix under all 6 titles, but no luck. I would LOVE to get copies for my sisters, as well. I am now a singer/songwriter/musician oddly enough, since the review of the scene I MAY be in is not favorable, but you can check for yourself on MySpace under Kitty Box & the Johnnys. Thanks, Taz Halloween
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  ZAAT « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.