Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:49:42 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Deep Rising « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Deep Rising  (Read 43269 times)
Candace
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I give this movie a 8-10 rating. I really love this movie! Nice CG as well as Humor Lines. I could watch it a million times and never get tiered of it. But too bad they killed of Mulligan(Jason Flemyng), hes one of my favorite Actors *sniff sniff*

>'.'<
-JG
DarkWarrior
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Yeah...the movie's great. When I saw it I thought it was a 'pleasure cruise'(it is) although it had bloody scenes.....eck! BTW, who got MSN email me plz!!! (P.S I am a great fan of Famke Janssen!!!!)
Alex
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2005, 04:04:54 AM »

That movie kicked some serious ass. I just saw it on t.v. from like midnight-2am (now). Man, that was great. It was sooo funny. And that girl is so hot!
mistrrhappy
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 03:08:09 PM »

Cheers The VFX were done by The Secret Lab, formerly Dreamquest Images.  DQI was purchased by Disney just prior to this film, and they demonstrated some of the the best CG rendering and compositing achieved up to that time, besting even ILM's work at the time.  Congrats to Hoyt Yeatman and director Stephen Sommers for completing this classic genre film!!
RyanAtTheMovies
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 10:44:04 AM »

I will say when I first bought this on VHS some 10 years ago, it was genuinely scary to me. Some of the CGI, such as the poor fellow being digested and melting away, was at the time quite good.

Deep Rising is one of those films where you get some friends over, get some beers, and watch the blood, guts and ammo fly on the weekend. Aside from that.....not much else. Apart from a few witty one liners, although no where near as good as Mr Bruce Campbell's classic lines, the film itself is just an hour and a half of fast paced, blood filled, gun totting action.

I don't know why legend Jerry Goldsmith took on the job of creating the film's score, although I'm glad he did, his talent deserved much more than a B movie with an A movie budget.

All in all, a mediocre movie with little more than CGI and macho-driven gun fighting with giant monsters to drive the plot.
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 11:59:16 PM »

One of the best B-Movies of the 1990's!  Smile Thumbup
TooManyCustomers
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 04:56:16 PM »

Saw this in the theatre twice!!  Granted it was a dollar theatre but it was one hell of a good flick! And a good cast too, everybody was right on the money for what their roles required. A princely B-movie to be sure..
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 12:59:01 AM »

I remember renting this on VHS back in 1998, getting drunk, and thoroughly enjoying myself throughout the film. This is one of those movies where it plays a sci-fi angle but you are best served by ignoring the science and embracing the fiction aspect of it. The CGI is pretty damned good for the late '90s; better than anything that the Sy-Fy network has ever churned out. You can actually enjoy the campiness of it, you can tell that it had a big budget since the musical score is so A-list, but the rest of the film is definitely B-movie quality all the way.

The two parts that I remember the most are the poor gal getting sucked down the toilet after having a tentacle burst up her tailpipe and dragging her screaming to a bloody and messy conclusion, and of course the half-digested guy that went out gibbering and screaming in a pile of goo. This sure beats Titanic by a long shot, and only goes to show how much Titanic would have been that much better had a giant octopus invaded the ship before it sunk, dragging poor Rose and Jack to a slowly-digested demise at the bottom of the Atlantic; three cheers for revised history!  Cheers

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Deep Rising « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.