Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:27:39 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dragonball: The Magic Begins « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Dragonball: The Magic Begins  (Read 104814 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: April 20, 2003, 06:57:15 PM »

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
panda
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2003, 11:52:35 PM »

O___O *Has just finished watching the most horrible dub job on the international channel.* I...want...to...cry!!! That was insanley HORRIBLE! They should never EVER EVER make an anime into a live action movie. Although they did a fairly good job portraying the characters, I was able to tell which was which right away, that was still a defanite NO NO. Sadly, I must admit that I was greatly amused throught the length of the movie, but still, I am so sadly disappointed...was Wolfwood (or whatever his name was -_-) supposed to be my dearest Yamcha???? *Shakes head* Never again...never again...
Sean Finnigan
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Live-Action Anime is almost never any good kinda like movie adaptions of video games. Personally I don't like DragonBall Z TV series or the movies; especially the first one. There are definately good anime movies and TV shows out there; DragonBall Z is just not one of them.
Dries
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I don't think the movie is about the episodes of Dragon Ball. Ok, the movie is called 'dragon ball' but it is about Dragon Ball z allright. Oh yeah and by the way,I am the guy who gave the Dragon Ball z site the suggestion to put 'Robin Shou' in the top 7. So if you are planning to vote. Vote for Robin Shou. It's the best choice you're going to get..
Elementos
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2002, 11:48:42 PM »

My god........ Akira Toyamoto let tis happen? where did it go wrong? methinks when u try to make an anime into a rela life movie... this degrades dragionball, shame on the directors and burn in hell!
khalahaley
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2002, 02:05:30 AM »

You guys should know that Akira Toyamoto did not make this happen. This is an unofficial movie made by some cheap Taiwanese producer. You guys should get some background information before giving any reviews.
Kurt
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie takes less liberties than the people it was shown too may think.  The plot sounds almost identical to "Dragonball: Curse of the Blood Rubies" the first, and most family-friendly, of the Dragonball films.

Er, not that I watch them.
Francis
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that the movie is based of the Dragonball series, not the Dragonball Z series. There are some pretty big differences...
Green Hornet
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2001, 07:19:40 PM »

More input from a gun nut: When the featured clip opens, we clearly see the full-auto muzzle-flash come from the barrel of the 40mm grenade discharger attached to the rifle. Just another WIERD Hollywood gun, I suppose.
adam
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2001, 04:38:33 PM »

LOL! i just got the 3 graphic novels of dragon ball and the chars dont look like anything compared to the comic....oolong looks so sad...
Fore
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

WHAT! They did make a live-action DB movie and I missed it!

Oh well, looked like it sucked anyway.
Super Saiyan Goku
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2001, 06:01:35 PM »

Huh! The cartoon is better, I dont mean that funimation garbage they give you, I mean the Japanese episodes.
saiya-jin
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I guess you people don't really know your Chinese folklore...dragonball is based off of an old Chinese legend, about a monkey boy...basically, this movie is about that story (well, mostly)....do some research before you speak
Ubuu
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2002, 02:04:45 AM »

No Comment, one question....Why God Why?
Cheradenine_Zakalwe
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Does this film feature a fight scene where a guy with a sword is flying and fighting against the Turtle guy? They ed up after flying so that the guy with the sword is trying to force himself ontop of the Turtle guy, but the Turtle guy is gripping the blade between his hands???
I remember this scene from years ago and I think this could be the film...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dragonball: The Magic Begins « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.