Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:22:42 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dragonball: The Magic Begins « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Dragonball: The Magic Begins  (Read 104827 times)
ALBATOSS
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2008, 10:33:12 PM »

Have you ever noticed that when they make a movie from a popular video game it turns out to be as bad as it can ever be? Thumbdown BounceGiggle
Lévai József
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2008, 12:26:35 PM »

Wait a nanotick... that's no Monkey Boy... THAT'S GOKU!!!
IRSISRSRI
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2008, 10:26:33 PM »

This movie warned me of the dangers of eating Dragonballs
Rodrigo
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2008, 11:56:47 AM »

Hi everyone.

I've been searching for some subtitles for this movie, but I only found in Polish...

Do you know where I can find subs in Portuguese or English?

Thanks in advance!
Alexsource
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2008, 12:29:38 PM »

I watched this movie twice, and I both think it's incredibly funny, and a disgrace to DB.

I don't know if it has elements from the journey to the west wich DB skips or not, nut, as many other posters said, it undenniably has *A LOT* of stuff wich too similar to the first chapters of DB to be ignored.

BTW, I've always tought the main badguy looked like a weird mix between Pilaf and Piccollo  Twirling

Heads up! The fox produced db movie looks like it's gonna suck, but for enterily different reasons. Daredevil-like reasons, but more so, if possible.
Intangible Skeleton
Dedicated Viewer

Rip your flesh.

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2008, 05:40:31 PM »

Even this review couldn't prepare me for how awesome the movie was.

The fight scenes were actually pretty impressive in a whacked out Wuzia way, and the special effects... boy were they special. And is "Monkey Boy" played by a girl? Also I swear Grandpa actually calls him Goku at one point near the end.

The highlight has to be Turtle Hermit, that guy is the man. They nailed that character to a T. He's a pervert with a funky groove. I actually think this movie is more accurate to Dragonball than the new one will be, and I can say already that this one is the more entertaining movie.

Bojik Arc
New Visitor

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2008, 08:52:12 PM »

Wow....if this is how bad a live-action anime turns out, I shudder to think what the live action Avatar will be like...
   I've never been a fan of anime, let alone live-action versions of anime, but when I saw this....this....I cannot even put it into words.  Drink  I am NEVER going on the Winamp channel EVER AGAIN.
Cinnamon Revenge
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2009, 02:49:21 PM »

well, I see this is a very old topic, but I found this site searching for this movie... I think it's way better then DragonBall Evolution... The movie was made 1989 what did you expect? I don't agree with your bad critics, it's a funny movie and has good fighting scenes... It's originally in Japanese, so blame the one who translated it for the bad grammar or mistakes...
You said you're not a big fan, but you should understand that the movie is not meant to be realistic... Flying clouds, magic and the Kame hame ha wave are part of the story, and Goku has superhuman power and that's the reason why he can stand bullets with kung fu...
well, I just had to say my opinion  Twirling
Cinnamon Revenge
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2009, 02:57:11 PM »

Still, it quickly became obvious that the live action film took certain liberties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball:_The_Magic_Begins
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball:_Curse_of_the_Blood_Rubies

it's a remake of the anime movie Dragon Ball: Curse of the Blood Rubies

Plot

Curse of the Blood Rubies is a modified adaptation of the gathering of the initial story arc in the Dragon Ball manga, with the original character King Gourmeth substituting Emperor Pilaf's role as the main antagonist. Like in the manga, Curse of the Blood Rubies depicts how Goku meets up with Bulma, Yamcha, Oolong, and Puar during his first search for the Dragon Balls.

ha!  Twirling
Dnaix
New Visitor

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »

Although this movie was kinda bad and inaccurate, I still felt it to be pretty funny at times.Compared to the newest live action movie,DB Evolution,there is no contest....the Magic Begins was a lot better. Especially taking into account how long ago this movie was made,and lack of special effects technology.Even with Goku begin played by a girl(i think?). So in my opinion, if you go watch Evolution first,then this movie will actually be a welcomed relief from the pain that you'd just endured.Only then could you appreciate how much better of a job was done in this movie...... seriously!!! Evolution sucked dragonballs!!!     
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dragonball: The Magic Begins « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.