Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:26:38 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Superman IV « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Superman IV  (Read 62578 times)
emmerson
« on: July 01, 2002, 02:26:27 PM »

this was the best superman yet.nuclear man was the best villain out of all the superman trilogy.
Liu Kang
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I think a woman could totally breath in space!
I think that its not totally ironic that Nuclear Man and Superman each grab the exact same section of the Statue of Liberty when flying with it.
I think Superman has allways had the power to restore a building or a wall just by looking at it.
I think I was totally frightened for Superman when I heard Nuclear Man say, "First, I have some fun."
I think that Superman totally did not look like a panzy when fighting with Nuclear Man in outer space.

This movie gets 4 great big stars from me!
Dan Sjöström
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Well, personally I neither thought this was a good nor a bad flick. I watched it couple of times on TV and I just started thinking: "OK so this is the 4th Superman movie. Well, it could´ve been worse and it could certainly have been better."

On the website www.deceptions.net/superman you can read about all the Superman movies, even the pre-Chris Reeve ones in black and white, and also the Supergirl movie. Anyway, in the Superman IV section you can read that cut off a lot of footage showing that Luthor actually made two Nuclear Men and the only one showing in the movie is N-Man Mk. 2, while the first one was like Bizarro or Edward Scissorhands without the scissors! I wonder what this movie would´ve been like with that footage still in the movie?
David Fullam
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Superman did not deserve this. Isn't it funny how the Cosmonauts at the start of the film had to wear space suits, but Lacy could somehow survive without one? Did any thought go into this movie? Like you said, they ignored Superman 3, they also ignored the fact that green crystal was used to create the Fortress of Solitude back in the first film and to give Supes back his powers in part 2. What is it doing back on the farm? What a way to trash the Superman legacy.
Charles Wagner
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Oh, come on, Superman III was so much worse than this one. I'm not trying to excuse this travesty, but the girl getting absorbed into the giant computer and thus becoming a robot at the end of part three made me laugh and cry and be sick all at once. Bad movies at its worst, i say.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Undisputedly, the worst Superman movie ever made. The flying sequences were awful, and where was Lana Lang? I hope if there is a fifth film in the series, it doesn't follow the pattern of this pile of garbage.
Rob
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Ugh!  I remember seeing this years ago when it had first come onto cable!  Give me the good old days with Marlon Brando as Jor-El and Terrence Stamp as General Zod!  Even the movie with Richard Pryor is more desirable than this!  There was some promise in the plot, but they didn't do anything with it!  Out of curiosity, would it have made the movie better or worse if they played "Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd when Nuclear Man was thrown onto the moon in the elevator?  I'm just rambling.  God, this movie was bad.
ozymandias
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2001, 10:48:20 PM »

oh my god. unbelievably bad. ranks with batman and robin as worst piece of crap superhero flick ever put on celluloid. all responsible for it should be sterilized or shot.
Roy Smith
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

So now Superman gets to decide how we defend ourselves?  Who elected him?  I saw recruit a sniper and give him Kyptonite ammo - we don't live in a Dictatorship.
Chadzilla
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It should be noted that the Salkinds (producers of Superman 1 - 3) dropped out of this little misfire.  It was in fact produce by crap kings Golan/Globus by their Cannon Group Inc. for Warner Bros to distribute.  I have also heard that the movie was trimmed by, at least, thirty minutes to squeeze more showings in on opening day (a little trick they evidently pulled with the Stallone misire Cobra).  That would explain the somewhat choppy editting and disjointed feel to some of the movie.  But even in a restored version I don't think it would be anything more than two slimes.  Dumb fun, but painful too.
Funk, E.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

There should be a support group for post Superman 2 viewers. Though the unprotected woman in space issue is a legitamate there is a similar problem in the first Superman movie. Remember the "interview scene" where Superman takes Lois on a fly by of New Y... I mean Metroplolis? Why isn't she shivering to death? How is she keeping even with him when their barely holding on by their fingure tips? Does Superman's powers subdue wind resistence? Physics has never been the series' strong suit.

goldman
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2002, 10:10:32 PM »

Say what??? This is an awesome movie!! It hits you where you stings, dude, you just gotta bust loose on this thang!! I loves this movie; dig it good. Lois had the moves....
Creamy
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2002, 06:50:33 PM »

Yeah this movie did bite however the 3rd was the worst, did you notice he slept with that girl yet he cannot be with lois and look in the 4th one he wears the evil superman suit when he flys with lois maybe it rebsents his sexuality. I wish they would of got married or lois found out he slept with her or somthing
Darren Duncan
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Regarding the comment by "Funk, E" about Metropolis being New York, that is not true.  Metropolis was actually based on Toronto in Ontario, Canada - where Superman's creator came from (more or less).  It isn't based on any US city.  That said, I agree that the Superman III and IV movies were rather poor when compared to I and II.
Guess my name!
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

All I can say is that I'm only interested in those few choice scenes with Nuclear Man in them. Otherwise I just get so totally bored with the movie. I know! I'm crazy! I truly had a pre-pubescent crush on that guy. But what can I say? I just love guys who are tall, blond and musclebound.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Superman IV « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.