Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:52:30 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Midnight Hour « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The Midnight Hour  (Read 76342 times)
someone else
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Huh, no posting from Chaplin yet.

Heh, I remember watching this movie on TV when I was about 8 or 9 years old. I thought it was the greatest movie ever then. I haven't seen it but for small bits since then, and it makes me laugh. Shows you how "Sophisticated" an 8 year old's tastes are.
Nerina
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Loved this movie when it came out 20 years ago (I was 13) and still love it today! It's a bit cheesy, but Lee Montgomery still looks HOT to me! Great makeup on the monsters, too! I recommend this to any horror film fan. It's not scary, but it's a lot of fun!
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hello Someone Else, and as you have noticed, I did make a post earlier, as it is an annual Halloween tradition. Just wanted to return and wish you all a Happy Halloween. I also welcome any comments. or acknowledgement. Send me a hello if you'd like. This movie as I always say is an excellent movie and always has a good place on my video shelf. HAVE A BOOTIFUL HALLOWEEN and see you all next year.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Halloween is just about over folks, and I hope everyone out there enjoyed the evening's festivities. I just got finished my annual viewing of MIDNIGHT HOUR, and that final scene where Phil is dejected after Sandy disappears still brought a small tear to my eye (it's the romantic in me) 4 years after I first bought this movie, and i still love it. Cant believe Levar Burton was such a lecherous perve in this film. lol Imagine Geordi Laforge.with raging hormones. lol I wonder what some of the principal actors are doing now? What the girl playing Sandi is doing these days? The should either make a sequel or even have a reunion of some of the cast. Nonetheless a great experience once again, so goodnight folks, Happy Halloween and if you meet a strange lonely girl who looks like a 50's teenager just remember she may not be a girl in costume. (boo)
Hugh
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I first saw part of this movie when it first came out in the late 80s', but I didn't get to see much of it beyond the raising of the dead sequence.  This Halloween, I got to see it with Chaplin who invited me to his home to watch it with him.  Although it is a cheesy horror flick, it does have a lot of scary and comic moments (I particularly enjoyed the scenes with Kevin McCarthy and Dick Van Patten).  Also, although no one seems to have noticed, Mitch is played by Peter DeLuise, the elder son of comedian Dom DeLuise, and who earlier had made a big splash on Vancouver-shot TV series 21 JUMP STREET, costarring a then unknown Johnny Depp.  Some unanswered questions, too, at the end: what happened to Phil's mom and bratty sister?  Also, what happened to all the people turned into zombies and vampires AFTER the spell was undone?  Did they go back to normal, as if nothing had ever happened, or did they disappear with the rest of the pack from the neitherworld?  And was that singing ghost actually supposed to be the Phantom of the Opera?  And also, if everything went back to normal at the end, what happend to the stuff stolen from the museum?  Oh well, I guess one can't know everything...
  I should also point out that the Phil/Sandy storyline is based on a classic urban legend : The Disappearing Hitchiker.  You  know, the old story of a lonely driver picking up a lonely hitchiker, usually a young girl shivering as if from a cold, inspiring him to play the gentleman and offer her his coat, which she accepts.  He drives her to the address she gives him, only to find that she has disappeared without a trace when he arrives.  He then finds from the residents of the house that the girl in question had died many years ago in an accident near the spot he picked her up from.  Not believing it, he goes to the cemetery where the girl is buried, and sure enough, he finds on her tombstone his coat.  Except for the residents at the girl's former home (usually they turn out to be her parents, and in this version, the girl's home is torn down), this movie has all the classic elements of the legend, right down to the driver's coat on the girl's tombstone.  Boo!
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2005, 04:38:28 PM »

Basically all I heard is that Jonna Lee today is not acting but is married with 2 wonderful children and is a stay home mom.
Tracie
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I Love The Midnight Hour, because it is a excellent horror movie when you got Lee Montgomery as Phil Grenville and Peter DeLuise as Mitch Crandall in it, they are the most cute looking guys on the movie and this is the first movie I've saw with Peter DeLuise and he played the part as dumb jock, but I've found it very sexy.
Lee Montgomery in this movie was so cute when he had Sandy with him and it was so cute when their eyes met each other and Phil was the town hero and I think he also saved the town and the people too.

Peter DeLuise is my most favorite actor in real life, because he a wonderful and sexy actor and he played his part really good in this movie and Peter was also my favorite one on 21 JUMP STREET when Played the part as Doug Penhall.
Lalyri
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

OMGOMGOMG!!!!  We just saw this movie in Social Studies for halloween!!!  My teacher had taped it 20 years before, so it had all the old commercials too!!!  Thank you for posting a video of the musical number in the middle.
~Lalyri
Jeannie
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I absolutely loved this movie the first time I saw it and I have been looking for it to show to my kids. My oldest may not appreciate it, however, I think it is perfect for my 8 year old and 5 year old.

The problem being, of course, it is so old that I can't find it anymore.

Anyway, I love the movie and it is not a bad movie.
Cindy
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006, 06:33:26 PM »

I absolutely LOVE this movie!!  I want to buy the DVD but I can not find it anywhere.  I know Ebay has it for 56 bucks but that is insane!  Anybody on here know where I could purchase it in Wisconsin in the Milwaukee area?  Let me know would you?  Thank you sooooooo much!!
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2006, 01:33:51 PM »

HAPPY HALLOWEEN BADMOVIES.ORG, AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN MIDNIGHT HOUR FANS; FROM PAUL WESTBROOK
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hello to everyone. It's that time of year once again,a nd as always, I am ready to get out my copy of MIDNIGHT HOUR, dust it off and relive the wonderful experience this great movie gives me. Also I 'd like to thank the people in this post, who have been so kind to say hello to me. I plan to come every year to this post, and give my two cents, and to let you all know what a good film MIDNIGHT HOUR is, so I remind you all to catch it this Halloween. And that's the bottom line because Phil and Sandy said so. lol
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Good morning fans. I usually dont write after Halloween at this post, but I wanted to thank those who have written (Thanks Lalyn) I had my annual viewing of Midnight Hour, and as I always do, I had a tear in my eye at the end. Too bad they dont do a follow up film, and have Sandy return years later, to either find out what's up with Phil, or have a new adventure of her own. If they do, then I will be there to see it. If not, then well we at least have our claasic MH to see each and every year, so from me to you all, Take care, and keep writing in to this post, and see you all next year!!!
Cliff
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 11:58:33 PM »

I wanted to le tyou all know i was never able to find a fan club or a yahoo group so i have created my own spread the word to midnight hour fans.

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/The-Midnight-Hour/
Angie
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 10:23:25 AM »

This is my favorite movie on the face of the earth.  I watched it when it came on TV a long time ago.  Since then, I rented it about  a thousand times when you could rent it.  I am now 32 and it is still my favorite movie. Smile  I don't understand why it is so hard to find, I even emailed Anchor Bay about releasing it on dvd.  It is not a bad movie at all.  It is a great movie and it will always be my favorite.  I wish they would show it every year at Halloween time like they do Charlie Brown--how come you can buy that at every gas station around-but they won't put this clean great movie out to buy?  It will be a custom at my house to watch it as much as I can.  I hope all the actors who played in the movie are OK, and I hope they know that this was not a cheesy movie but a great addition to anyone's movie collection.  Angie
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Midnight Hour « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.