Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:16:56 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Midnight Hour « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Midnight Hour  (Read 76332 times)
Paul Westbrook
« on: October 29, 2001, 12:13:19 PM »

Happy Halloween to all you bad movie fanatics out there! I thought I would be the opening comment for this film. I purchased this movie, at a mall, in Hamilton. It makes for the perfect late night viewing, especially, on Halloween night. You get to fell for the two lead characters, Phil, and Sandy, and when you find out that she is in fact, a ghost, and Phil is left alone at the end you feel sorry for him. Oh, well! As they say, love is strange. There are plenty of Vampires, zombies, ghouls, and whatever else to appease any die hard horror fan. So give Midnight Hour a chance. You may (or may not ) enjoy it.
Bev White
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Gotta love this movie!  I saw it about 15 years ago on tv.  I haven't seen it since then but I always remembered it.  Thanks for the recap!

Great site!

Ben
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I still remember when the show aired on TV. I wasn't to crazy about the film until sandy the cheerleader came on.
What ever happened to her in real life? She was really cute.
If you haven't seen the film its worth checking out. Just remember it was made for TV.
Helen Barrett-Chasez
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Oh my god!!!!! Im sixteen and I have to say that this is the best movie I have ever seen!  I have loved this movie since I was a little girl and I will always love.  Anywho... Yeah so, if I were sandy, I would love Phil too!

Gotta go, love, peace and hair grease,
                           Helen Barrett-Chasez!

Paul Westbrook
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well, here I am,1 year later, on the exact day I wrote the first comment on this movie. What a year it has been. I will be seeing my copy of MIDNIGHT HOUR again,as it is a terrific film. And once again, I want to wish all the bad movie fanatics a HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I'll be back here again next year.
Mark
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This little flick has some good points.  

It never takes itself too seriously and isn't afraid to laugh at itself... an essential in any good "formula" horror film.  The dead cheerleader as romantic ghost thing actually plays quite well here. We really ARE on Sandy and Phil's side even though we know their romance can't last.

The thing about horror movies that occur on Halloween that makes them successful is the ATMOSPHERE!  Don't you feel it when you walk or drive around on Halloween?  It really IS a different kind of day and this film captures this spirit a little better than "Trick or Treat", but not as good as the orginal "Halloween".  

I give this one three popcorn kernals out of five mainly because..

Shari Belafonte-Harper is HOT HOT HOT!

Dick Van Patten makes his role as a vampiric dentist
   work on, well, so many levels.

ANYTIME you can see Kevin McCarthy in a horror flick,
   makes sure you do it!  From "... Body Snatchers" to
   this one to "Twilight Zone", he's the best.  

The old cars are cool, and I used to have a carbon
   copy of McCarthy's dark blue Chrysler New Yorker.

Good late-night rental... three kernals!
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well it's only the 18th of October, but this year, I thought Id return a little early. Still, Halloween is almost here. Getting ready to see this great Halloween movie Midnight Hour yet again, as its becoming a tradition now to have at least 1 viewing. As I previously stated in my other two posts, I really recommend you guys and young ladies see this one. Take it from me, you'll enjoy it. See ya next year.
Marivi
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hi, I´m Marivi from Argentina. I´m crazy for this movie since I was a kid. If it´s a bad movie, I´m a bad girl too :))))
Thanks for the images... so far away in my memories. I can´t see the video, please send it to me, and any other material.
             Thanks again...                          Vi
(I´d like to buy this movie, but in my country this is "heavy"... If you know some way to do it easily for me, please let me know)
             Bye and see you... in the midnight hour ;[
Jesse
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Does anyone know the title of the song that is playing in the background during the wine cellar scene?  I know it's a real song cause I heard it on the radio last week, but I couldn't make out any of the words in the song, and they're weren't many to begin with anyway.  I hope someone knows who made that song cause it is great background music.  Thanks!
Frank
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2004, 06:09:08 PM »

A great classic Halloween movie.. actually I felt in love with the blonde cheerleader ( I was a kid) If any girl look like her contact me.. I will like to go to an old graveyard for a different date.......Hope you dont get scared.......
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2004, 10:01:38 AM »

WOW!!! What an exciting year it has been. Yes Halloween is almost here, which is why I come out here every year to write my annual post on this wonderful trick or treat treasure of a film. I will indeed be watching this movie yet again. The sad note of this year, wa that my beloved Grandmother died in April of this year, so this Halloween will have a bit of a somber note to it, but with great films like this one, and all you great people here posting your comments here (Ive read them all and I ap. preciate each and every one of you here for writing them) HAPPY HALLOWEEN AND SEE YOU ALL HERE NEXT YEAR!!
Paul Wesbrook
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2004, 02:18:38 PM »

Just wanted to say to all the ladies and gents out there in bad movie land, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!! From Paul ( Your fellow bad movie fan)
Paul Westbrook aka chaplin889
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hello yet again friends. I decided to come back again, sicne it's getting even closer to that night of nights. HALLOWEEN, and no I dont mean the movie. lol Anyone let's ask some of you. Who here will be watching Midnight  Hour this year, and who here besides myself makes it a yearly tradition? I would love to know, so write to me. either on this messageboard as a reply or to chaplin889@hotmail.com at msnhotmail. I would enjoy reading your responses and I will personally respond to each one. Thank you and Happy Haunting
WWF
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089593/usercomments?start=10

FROM WWF to all the world!!!! thank's to JACK BENDER for this one.

and don't forget my comments about this one is not over ............TO BE CONTINUED.....(check out ie www.imdb.com)

I'm back,not on www.imdb.com ,but here.20 December 2003 my first and only comment about the best movie in the world.More then a year and a half.My opinion is the same , this movie is the best and it will allways be,thank's to the most beautifoul girl on the world (and universe) Jonna Lee, the real sex simbol,and Lee Montgomery the nicest and beautifoul men on earth.For me you two are a model.In my vision Jonna Lee ,you are only for Lee Montogmery in real life because you would have been for me the perfect couple.

Jonna Lee you are the most beautiful girl on this Earth.

by victor2003_WWF constanta,Romania.To be continued .....!
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

A little early but still It's getting close. im of course referring to Halloween, and to my annual viewing of that great cult film classic THE MIDNIGHT HOUR!!! This year, Im planning to show it to a few friends at a group film viewing time. Im always happy when I get to come here regularily every October around this same time, and post, and plan on making it a yearly Halloween tradition. See you soon or next year guys.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Midnight Hour « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.