Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:44:10 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Video Dead « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Video Dead  (Read 34390 times)
Natalie
« on: July 02, 2002, 07:59:12 AM »

I was lucky to find a copy of this film at my local video store. I think its so funny especially when April talks about the skunk. Also when the zombies put that old lady in the washing machine upside down. Id recommend every zombie fan to watch this its a classic. Oh yes i agree he does like like David Bowie!
yaddo 42
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I remember when this was a regular staple of USA's late night programming. I watched it once and thought that I wanted those two hours (with commercials) of my life back. Months later, I was on a class trip in high school and my roommates decided we would stay up to watch this. I groaned and told them how silly it was, but they insisted. Both were actually scared by it and told other people what a great "scary" movie they had missed. We were all hammered by the other kids for not watching whatever was on Skinemax at the same time. I have bad associations with "The Video Dead" as a result. The next night we watched "Ninja Academy" like good red-blooded American males. Fake American ninjas and big, fake American boobs...`nuff said.  
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

When you've  seen one zombie film, you've generally seen them all. This is a retread of all those other flicks that have invaded bad movie screens, and late nite horror-fests before it. I didn't really find anything different about this movie.
Kolten
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Can't believe you didn't mention the part where Jeff is all excited when the Texan reveals the chainsaw.  He even JUMPS at the chance to cut up one of the zombies saying, "Stand back and watch the master at work!"  I remember my stepbrother, on hearing that line, saysing, "He makes it sound like he always goes around cutting up people with chainsaws..."  Hehe!
Statcat
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I enjoyed this movie quite a bit and I have actually been waiting to see it one day appear on this website. Sure the cover box art is a lot better then the movie itself but this film did have some redeeming qualities. If your going to say if you see one zombie movie you have seen them all that can't be possibly true. I mean can you compare this movie with an Italian made zombie film? Quite different in the reasoning for zombies returning and what they're after. Plus what other movie features David Bowie as a zombie! My same thoughts when I first saw this movie. Video Dead is a pretty strange movie by all means, I'm still trying to put it all together. I thought it was pretty funny although and a very strange glimpse at straight to video 80's film making at work. I would give it a strong 4 out of 5.
Molo
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I really love this movie! I really do! You have wavs too; it's so cool! *^^* I just can't wait for the DVD - my copy is an old video I managed to buy 2nd hand from my local store before it got turned into a s**tty Blockbuster-esque thing.

It has a cool, original take on zombies (my favourite sort of monster), and the more I think about it, the more I think there's unexplored potential in the story of the weird possessed TV...:D
Demon-Fighter Ash
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this movie several years ago and for some reason I can't bring myself to really hate it.  You gotta admit it's an original premise; an evil television that links the real world to some evil horror-movie underworld.

Strangely, I wanted to see more about the world within the set, where zombies roam the forests and demon-possessed vixens seduce unwary victims.  Having one of the heroes cross over to the undead world on the other side of the screen would have been interesting...

Likewise, the Garbageman was a good, if barely explored, idea, and the psychology of the zombies was delved into a little more than usual.  Of course, at heart its late-night made-for-video camp, but it's entertaining camp...and what more can you ask for?
Cheeky g (Geoff)
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I used to love this movie when it was released, I was fairly young (a teenager) and just getting into horror films.
After being brave enough to watch A Nightmare On Elm Street and The Evil Dead, I was intruiged about this movie when I see it on the shelve of the local video-store!

I thought it was really funny actually! The zombies seemed very comical, almost cartoonish!

Since then, I love horror films, I would LOVE to own this film in my collection... wish it would get a DVD release!

- Geoff (London, UK)
Andy
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2003, 10:21:07 AM »

This was my first horrow movie at age of 11, needless to say I had nightmares and loved horror ever since.
The saw is the law
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 06:38:38 AM »

This was my first horror movie, back when I was 12.  It left quite an impression.  Now that I watch it again it is funny rather than scary.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is one of the better zombie movies I've seen and I'm quite a fan of the style.  The zombie make-up was extremely believable if I remember correctly and the whole plot about convincing the zombies that they are dead was very cool.  I very much hope this title gets picked up by a DVD company such as Anchor Bay as I'd really love to own this in my ever growing DVD zombie movie collection.
Fritz DieSpinne
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I bought a "Cryptflicks" DVDR of this great little film at the suggestion of a film buff and have no regrets. It's a campy 80's film with a neat score and more to offer than most bad horror films. It achieves more by not trying. Whenever I play this film as a backdrop when my wife and I DJ in NYC we get a lot of people asking where they can get a copy. Highly recommended. If you own Nekromantik and George Romero's "Dead" films, you must get this!
Pamela
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this movie when it originally came out. I ama huge zombie fan. Apparently alot of people didn't like it. I myself thought it was one of the scariest freekiest ones out still today. I give this movie a 10 with even as low of a budget as it had. I thought it was excellent. I wish I could get a copy of it.
Kylie
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 12:53:47 AM »

I watched that movie when I was a kid and the only thing that I did was laugh! Some people might consider it a cult classic but it will never rank with The Rocky Horror Picture Show!!! Not saying that I would not watch it again if it was on b/c I probably would!  Twirling Later! Peace!
Jeff
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 02:01:13 PM »

:hot:Dude, It's Cool
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Video Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.